Best and Worst sports writers..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best and Worst sports writers.....

I remember Wilbon being from Chicago. He and Tony used to both be on Schaaps original sports reporters show. Thanks for the reminder Ice!!! '-)

I like reading Dr. Z during the regular season. He is usually good at predicting the games. I also enjoy reading The Life of Reilly. Its good most of the time.

Pete Prisco, Larry Felser, and Peter King are the worst I've read.

Prisco says the Williams trade was bad for us, even though it helped our most urgent need.

Felser is an annoying Bills kiss up writer who probably wants to marry Rob Johnson and kill Doug Flutie.

Peter King wrote the most ridiculous book about football I've ever read. It's called Greatest Quarterbacks. It discusses whos the greatest QB of all time and lists like the top 50 QBs of all time. He obvious believes that QBs must win championships if they're to be considered great. He ranks Otto Graham #1, and his reasoning is basicly b/c the Browns won 10 championships. He then ranks Marino #5, and he puts Sammy Baugh at #4.

I would have to say the best writers...

are on this board. I usually read football news and opinions here first anyways. Whether the writing sucks or not, people tend to let you know here.:D

I had to read 15 posts on who is the worst sports writer and NO ONE mentioned Fred Edelstein?

My personal favorite is Len Pasquerreli. I like Beuschbaum too.

Here's my two cents...........

I'll give a couple of fav's of mine that write for the Orlando Sentinel. Alan Schmatdke is an exceptional writer who has some excellent views. Jerry Greene is an absolute moron!!!!!:yell: His views are not only bias, but they are also pointless and moronic. Anyone in the central fla area knows what I'm talking about.

:monkey: Jerry Greene

Best:
Alex Marvez,Michael Wilbon,Dr.Z,Rick Reilly,Dick Schaap(Rest in Peace),Ira Winderman,& Hank Goldbeg(if he was more of a writer).

Worst:
Greg Stoda(jerk) & "Smells like Piss" Pete Prisco,

In case you all forgot, wan't Peter King the one last year who said the Dolphins had the 2nd worst off-season, and started ripping them for their draft choices? The only positive thing I've ever heard him say about the Fins is that he complimented Lamar Smith after the opener against Tennessee. He bugs me.

In my humble opinion, Chris Mortensen is the best sports writer. When he has something negative to say about a team, he does it passively, he doesn't just start ripping them apart. Also, as I've seen, he seems like a bit of a Fin fan himself. I could be wrong, but it seems like it to me.

Back
Top Bottom