Best Case Scenario Next Saturday | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Case Scenario Next Saturday

We just need someone to take a WR before the #5 spot if we want to take a RB in the first round. If this happens, a trade down with the vikes could happen, and we still get our RB.

Still crossing my fingers for williams at #5 though

Tommatt said:
Best case scenario I say, the trade to #5 taking mike williams

That would be my nightmare! Trading down and not getting the franchise QB or RB.

Just say now to WR in round 1! Say it with me people.

I agree gang, I think we'll be looking to trade more than once in the first. I think Saban has his heart set on a couple of those stud SEC defensive guys. I know I know, we need offense. But Spears, and Pollack and Davis (GA) sure are difference makers.

Id like to see some O, but I have a strange feeling it will be D.

I'm in love with the Tampba Bay rumors. I think it gives us so much leverage and as much as I LOVE Ronnie, I'd love to get J.J. Arrington -- something widely possible if we have a 2nd round Tampa pick.

My views on Surtain have changed. I'd like to keep him now. He's said he wants to stay so I'm guessing he'd be willing to rework his contract now. But we need him and I want him to stay.

Best case scenario for me:

Trade down to 5th, acquire a 2nd rounder, 4th rounder and a 3rd next year.

Draft Ronnie Brown at 5 - if available. If not, draft Williams, Jones, Rolle -- whoever is really available and worth it (Maybe even take Barron at a reach -- it is high for him though.), possibly D.J.

Then if we don't get Ronnie, get J.J. Arrington.

I'm not much for mock drafts but we're in the 'end of days' until draft 05...I can't wait!!

fishypete said:
Best that could happen....Saban trades back twice....acquires picks....selects Spears and then trades up to acquire Clayton....then selects Arrington in the 3rd round...How sweet that would be....and a little sugar on top....Lefors in the 5th round....WOW!

GO PHINS!!

I stand corrected, a worse nightmare than Williams at 5. Hello people, WR and DE are positions we have both skill and depth. Anyone want to be 4 and 12 again? I personally want to start winning now.

AZStryker said:
That would be my nightmare! Trading down and not getting the franchise QB or RB.

Just say now to WR in round 1! Say it with me people.

Franchise QB? Not until you get to Frye.

fishypete said:
Franchise QB? Not until you get to Frye.

That might be true, but still not an excuse to take a WR with our first pick. I have no idea why people would want to do that.

AZStryker said:
I stand corrected, a worse nightmare than Williams at 5. Hello people, WR and DE are positions we have both skill and depth. Anyone want to be 4 and 12 again? I personally want to start winning now.

Our defense is old....our receivers are lousy....every team looks to upgrade...and as far as winning now....did you look at the schedule? Defense wins games and championships....better hope for a player like Spears to add some youth to the Dolphins defense...and a player like Clayton...the Dolphins haven't had since the Marks Bros.

AZStryker said:
That might be true, but still not an excuse to take a WR with our first pick. I have no idea why people would want to do that.

Maybe because our receivers suck?

fishypete said:
Our defense is old....our receivers are lousy....every team looks to upgrade...and as far as winning now....did you look at the schedule? Defense wins games and championships....better hope for a player like Spears to add some youth to the Dolphins defense...and a player like Clayton...the Dolphins haven't had since the Marks Bros.

Chambers, Booker, Holliday, Jason Taylor, and Kevin Carter. Sounds fine to me.

Now how about the RB's??? Defense and a great running game win championships. I for one do not want Ricky back nor do I want another season of mediocre RB play.

fishypete said:
Maybe because our receivers suck?

I honestly think that any given team could take away our passing game reguardless of which WR we could draft. And when we can't run the ball either due to inept talent, that equates to more losses.

A RB is the best option especially since no WR is leaps and bounds better than the big 3 backs.

You guys are getting off topic. Best case scenario, not greatest train wrecks caught on tape 5!

Nublar7 said:
That version of next Saturday actually has a VERY good chance of happening. If the latest rumors prove to be correct, you will get your wish. :D

Are you telling him to go ahead and plan on having a designated driver? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom