best CB in draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

best CB in draft

Hmmmm IMO there are sooo many it could be a toss up between like 4 or 5 guys. I am gunna say Jason Allen because I have seen him more than anyone else and I think he is amazing player.

Thats a hard one right now. We'll find out in a couple years.
I'd say Cromartie is the most gifted natural CB. Alot like Deion Sanders. But is he or will he ever really fully recover from the injury?

Huff if he plays CB, Jimmy Willimas second, but like everyone else said Its close between a lot of players

Huff and Jason Allen and Jimmy Williams IMO are more NFL-type Safeties, Tye Hill and Antonio Cromartie are the best corners in the draft.

Hill is amazing but he isn't a "Saban CB" due to his height

I doubt Huff or Williams fall, if they do they should be our pick. Jason Allen's stock has been rising but I think he'd be a reach at 16, he's more of a late 1st/early 2nd at worse. Cromartie's stock has been moving up and down due to his injury so it's tough to say where exactly he'll go but I think a team will take him in the mid 1st.

Williams, Allen, or Cromartie I think. I would love any of them in Miami

Tye Hill can run support. I have no idea why he isn't a Saban CB then. He's short? So what he has a 42 inch vertical. Chris Chambers isn't even 6 feet yet he's one of the most physically dominant players on the team. The obsession with "Saban players" is a bit ridiculous considering the Patriots have tiny corners and isn't that the formula Saban is partly following?

I prefer Cromartie with no injury concerns, but Tye Hill would be great as well.

By the way this is a little bit out of nowhere, but if Saban can find a LS on the offensive line that can also play backup T it'll be great, because one more roster spot can be used to have 5 safeties and 5 CBs.

That's a very good question. Jimmy Williams is probably the most physically gifted of the CBs which is why he was often used as a safety in some of VT schemes.
Tye Hill may be the best pure cover corner not only because of his quickness but because of his recovery speed. Is a lot like DeAngelo Hall of the Falcons.

Antonio Cromartie hasn't played in a year so it's difficult to see what he's like as a corner right now. He was however a great cover and run support CB before his injury.

Michael Huff is not included because I see him as more of a safety than a CB although he could very well ended up playing CB in the pros.

Geforce said:
That's a very good question. Jimmy Williams is probably the most physically gifted of the CBs which is why he was often used as a safety in some of VT schemes.
Tye Hill may be the best pure cover corner not only because of his quickness but because of his recovery speed. Is a lot like DeAngelo Hall of the Falcons.

Antonio Cromartie hasn't played in a year so it's difficult to see what he's like as a corner right now. He was however a great cover and run support CB before his injury.

Michael Huff is not included because I see him as more of a safety than a CB although he could very well ended up playing CB in the pros.

Williams is a very talented CB. Hill is fast, but is smaller. That matter alot when he will cover a WR that is 6'3''. Recovery speed wont help you there.
Cromarite didnt play last year, but is very talented. He prooved at the combine that he hasen't lost a step

playmaker1 said:
Williams is a very talented CB. Hill is fast, but is smaller. That matter alot when he will cover a WR that is 6'3''. Recovery speed wont help you there.
Cromarite didnt play last year, but is very talented. He prooved at the combine that he hasen't lost a step
Having watched Hill against FSU and Georgia Tech as well as in the Senior Bowl, he has very little trouble against taller and bigger receiver. The only time he may have trouble is in some jump ball situations. At this time, I view him as a Darryl Green type of corner and Green was only 5'8".

I don't even think he'll have that much trouble though. He has long arms and is just under 5-10, and has a 42 inch vertical leap so he can do the job well. Hey Nathan Vasher is the same height and can't jump quite as high.

Hill will the be the best pro in my opinion, and I would LOVE to see him in a dolphins uni. I have been a fan of him for a while now.

bg-1.jpg

I made that like 5 months ago :goof:

HurriPhinFan said:
Hill will the be the best pro in my opinion, and I would LOVE to see him in a dolphins uni. I have been a fan of him for a while now.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y271/masknought/bg.jpg

I made that like 5 months ago :goof:

Yep...

The only bad thing is that he's 23 turning 24, but Ronnie is already 24 and whatever...

I just don't understand the whole thing against Tye Hill. His vertical more than makes up for his lack of ideal height and it's not like he's 5-8, he's 5-10 and HE CAN FLY. Think about this way, he'll be able to catch Reuben Droughns when he breaks away from the defense unlike Daniels/Madison.

Back
Top Bottom