best CB in draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

best CB in draft

I think Huff will be a CB in the NFL and if thats the case he would be. Other than that Cromartie is the best if he's healthy and Ty Hill would be next IMO.

IMO huff is a natural safety so i would say the best corner at this point is either Hill or Allen, Cromartie i feel however is not as polished at this stage but has the highest celling and to me is the best prospect

Huff is the best but he is a top 10 pick and will be long gone

Hill will go between 10 to 20 range. He has a great leaping ability and ran with a 4.3 speed at the combine. He is a good coverage corner too. But he is small.

Jimmy Williams is a 10 to 20 pick. His talent is there to play corner or safety but he projects as more of a safety within the NFL. He has all of the abilities you want but his stock has fallen because he has alot of problems off of the field.

Antonio Cromartie is a late 1st to early 2nd round pick. His stock isnt that high because of his injury concerns but otherwise he has the size and hip movements to be a great Cornerback and a shut down one at that. He is a risk though.

Ko Simpson Safety SC - He is raw in potential but he is a middle 1st round pick to late 1st. I put him on here because he is a DB. He has the ability to make the big time hit, the hands to make the INT and he can tackle better then any safety in the draft.

Donte Whitner S OSU - big time player that has been raising his draft stock. The question with him is that he played on a very very very talented defense and how much was him and how much was his team? I expect him to be a late 1st to early 2nd round pick.

Kelly Jennings CB UM - little on the small side but he is another fast CB with blanketing coverage ability. Miami corners have a good reputation will be a end of the round 1st or middle 2nd range

Richard Marshall CB - His stock has risen because he is coached by bellichek's friernd in college. He has the size and had a great bowl. He has good speed and coverage abilities.

Jason Allen S - He is a safety more then a CB, but he is top talent when healthy. He could come in and start if he is indeed healthy. His 40 times were nice and opened eyes but like cromartie he has injury concerns. 2nd rounder most likely

there is quite a few others but those are the main group.

Jonathan Joseph
Minter
Bing S USC
Zemantis
Phillips
Griffin

hope that helps some for you.

this depends on what is being ranked here. hill is prob. the best cover corner in the draft, but he's not very physical, while j. williams is the best run-support cb by a good margin, but his mediocre hip movement wil hurt him vs faster wrs. cromartie ilicits the most intrigue and has the best size/speed combo, but he is raw and has injury concerns. youboty may have the best all around skills, but he may take a nap or two at times. out of all of them, i'd say williams would fit our system the best b/c of his tackling ability and the frame to beat up wrs at the line.

@@@@@ said:
IMO huff is a natural safety so i would say the best corner at this point is either Hill or Allen, Cromartie i feel however is not as polished at this stage but has the highest celling and to me is the best prospect
Jason Allen has played more safety than corner but is probably equally adept at playing both.

Finsfan79 said:
Hill will go between 10 to 20 range. He has a great leaping ability and ran with a 4.3 speed at the combine. He is a good coverage corner too. But he is small.
Technically he's not small, he's of average height, just small when playing in the land of the giants.:wink:
As has already been pointed out he had a 42 inch vertical jump so he will not lose many jump balls as he should be able to get his hands up in there and knock it down.

i think the reason that Hill isnt a "saban type player" (which i hate when people say that) is because he didnt play much zone in college and we run a lot of zone.. not to say that he cant, but i think that is what people are referring to when they talk about ty hill.

Phishstix said:
well, of course he's gonna think he's physical, i'de expect nothing less. but, it's one thing beating up and chopping down wake forest wrs and rbs; it's another thing doing it in the league.
Dude, don't make this personal. I only relayed what Hill said. You also forget that FSU, Va Tech, Miami and Georgia Tech plays in the ACC.

Hill is only an inch and a half shorter, about the same weight and much faster than Sam Madison. Madison may not have been the most physical CB but he was willing (most of the time) to come up and support. Do not judge him based on his size if you have not seen him play.

Back
Top Bottom