Best Center Of All Time? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Center Of All Time?

WHO'S THE BEST CENTER OF ALL TIME IN NFL HISTORY?

• DWIGHT STEPHENSON

Votes: 29 80.6%
  • MIKE WEBSTER

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
Dermonti Dawson? You guys are too young ... These kinds of polls always seem to be skewed to more modern players.

I would say:

1) Webster

2) Stephenson (May have been best ever if not for career ending injury)

3) Langer

4) Otto - He was a classic. Too bad he's been a cripple most of his post-NFL career. Besides, you have to love a guy who was named Otto, played center, and wore "00" as his number! It doesn't get any cooler than that.

Speaking of which, the NFL, with their rules restrictions on numbers has really lost the color of the league that the AFL brought - no 00's, no 21's at QB (John Hadl), no "6" at RB (Warren McVea) .... those were the days!

I think the next time they do a throw back jersey game, they ought to allow a few of the players to wear the jersey numbers of some of the greats from their previous teams.

Originally posted by Chauncey
Wayne Gretzky
Concur with this post.
toothless-1.gif

Kevin Mawae anyone?? I hate the guy but got to love his play as a football fan.. I'm only 19, so Mawae is the best center I've seen play in my lifetime..

HURRAH:drinker:

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
Kevin Mawae anyone?? I hate the guy but got to love his play as a football fan.. I'm only 19, so Mawae is the best center I've seen play in my lifetime..

HURRAH:drinker:

I am with you RUDEbyallMEANS, Mawae is excellent, pro-bowler and everything. If not, just ask Zack Thomas about the batles they had had, during the Jet's streak over the Dolphins.....

I never got to see Webster much (I'm too young). But I've always heard that he was a little overrated. Certainly not better than Stephenson.

Originally posted by Muck
I never got to see Webster much (I'm too young). But I've always heard that he was a little overrated. Certainly not better than Stephenson.

Even some of Websters teamates have chosen Stevenson. Webster was great, no doubt about it, but I would rank him third.

As for Mawae.....nope, he ranks very very high, but not above Stevenson.

It was them stupid azz Jets that knocked Stevensons career short too, on a total cheap shot........Hmmmm!

Back
Top Bottom