Best Dolphins pickup this year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Dolphins pickup this year

Dolphin Mike

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I am sorry if this topic has been played already but who do you think is the Dolphins best pickup this year?

I have not seen a lot of talk about Jeno James. The guy is a stud and will lead this offensive line which will hopefully be better than people think? I can't wait to see him with pads!

He will bring a bit of toughness the line has been missing for several years.

Any thoughts?

Jeno James was a rock solid pickup. But considering we only gave up a 6th (and Fletcher) for David Boston, he could *potentially* end up being the biggest steal of the offseason.

I say David Boston was our best pick up, even though we didn't have to give up anything for Jeno James.

Oh.. Nevermind. We gave up nothing (Jamar Fletcher) for Boston too. :goof:

Seriously though, David Boston has potential too be a TOP 5 WR in the NFL. Considering what we gave up for him, he could prove to be a major steal. :D

Yeah let's hope it is Boston. That will be very important. But AJ or Jay will not have time to throw if we do not have a line and James will anchor that line.

i think its James because he gives us darn good leadership to this line

I think it could be Jerry Sullivan. He's regarded by many of his peers to be one of the best positional coaches in the league. And the last time David Boston played a full season for him, it resulted in 98 recs, 1598 yards, 8 TDs. That year Boston tallied 9 games with 100+ yards receiving, and 11 games with at least 5 catches.

Muck said:
I think it could be Jerry Sullivan. He's regarded by many of his peers to be one of the best positional coaches in the league. And the last time David Boston played a full season for him, it resulted in 98 recs, 1598 yards, 8 TDs. That year Boston tallied 9 games with 100+ yards receiving, and 11 games with at least 5 catches.

:clap:
Good post. I never would have thought of him...

a1freepicks.com said:
I am sorry if this topic has been played already but who do you think is the Dolphins best pickup this year?

I have not seen a lot of talk about Jeno James. The guy is a stud and will lead this offensive line which will hopefully be better than people think? I can't wait to see him with pads!

He will bring a bit of toughness the line has been missing for several years.

Any thoughts?

No risk pick: Jeno James ~ Solidifies one spot our biggest weakpoint last year the OL.

AJ Feeley or David Boston could certainly overtake Jeno if they become consistent playmakers. We won't know that until after the season starts though so I have to go with Jeno.

I think as long as no fancy computers catch Will Poole's eyes he'll be a great addition, and help ease the transition when Madison is done. He was a steal in the 4th and he should help special teams and be a future starter(hopefully).

Besides James & Boston, I really like the additions to the special teams this year. John Jones, Chris Akins and Sammy Morris were all considered among the best special-teamers on their former teams. Add to that Tony Bua, Will Poole, Fred Russell and Terrence Wilkins and you have the makings of a dramatically improved unit.

Best pickup this offseason was Boston. Yea, Feeley could be very good and James will be solid at a position of need. But Boston has the potential to be an elite WR. Thats not something you find easily and all we gave up for him was a 6th rd. pick and a former 1st. rd bust. I dont think any Fins fan can really even comprehend what kind of duo Boston and Chambers could be. This guy is dominating when he wants to be. We're talkin the class of Harrison, Moss, Owens, Holt. Thats how good he could be.

Potentially Boston could be our best acquisition in free agency. If he plays anywhere near where he did last time he was with Sullivan then that would positively effect Feeley/Feidler by opening up the passing options. Would make defenses shy away from loading the line of scrimmage and, in turn, open up some great opportunities for Williams. It would give the coaches more freedom in their play calling and less predictablility in the offense. Lastly, I think it makes the o-lines job easier because defenses are off balance a bit more. They aren't just loading up knowing we are running Williams left, Williams right and keying on Chambers. Who are they going to double?
James, if he plays with the instensity he has shown in mini camps, will make our line a whole lot better. So far I love him as a pick up.
I think the two sleepers are Poole and Howard(hoping i got his last name right). They push Madison and give him some competition, which hopefully will work to make him an even better CB. They also make our secondary very scary. Any time you can make the opposing teams offense one dimensional, its a good thing.

Boston is a good choice, but who is going to throw him the ball? :confused:

That's why I have to go with Feeley as the best (potential) pickup of the offseason. Boston is a close second. If Feeley and Boston work out, then it changes the whole Miami offense.

We've needed a QB that can make teams pay for stacking the line, which Fielder has never been able to do, which will make it easier for Ricky to run.

Boston and James were both great additions, in two spots we badly needed help. I really can't pick between the two, they are both gonna play huge roles in the success of our offense in 04'.

Back
Top Bottom