Best Dolphins pickup this year | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Dolphins pickup this year

I hope the new WR/DB Sippio, we picked up last week turns out to be the one that takes pick up of the year. From what I've read this guy is a truly gifted player that would give us three outstanding wideouts, as a result Ricky would reach 2000 yrds IMO.

how bout rick spielman being moved into the GM spot and taking over the reigns as the personel man ... he is mainly responsible for bringing in james, atkins, jones, bua, poole, pope, morris, howard, boston and feeley ... he has basically taken players with the ability to improve miami's special teams and secondary ... 2 of the weaker areas on the team in 2003 ... and lets not forget his ability to manage the teams cap situation as well ... his promotion could be the best move in team history at some point in time in the future ...

Boston- J. James and feeley both are conciderations, but boston is the one who will change the way defences play us

dolfan91 said:
how bout rick spielman being moved into the GM spot and taking over the reigns as the personel man ... he is mainly responsible for bringing in james, atkins, jones, bua, poole, pope, morris, howard, boston and feeley ... he has basically taken players with the ability to improve miami's special teams and secondary ... 2 of the weaker areas on the team in 2003 ... and lets not forget his ability to manage the teams cap situation as well ... his promotion could be the best move in team history at some point in time in the future ...
It'll be hard to be a better move than trading for Don Shula

On paper we have had some very good pickups at much needed positions.Only time will tell if those players will produce on the field.

Perhaps the question should have been "Which of our pickups have a better chance of contributing significantly imediately."My answer would be James ,then Boston (I hope)

i would pick the whole OL in general its really revamped and im hoping they have a solid season...

boston definately has the potential but i don tknow, im still kinda worried about him and how he'll perform, especially with competing with chambers for balls thrown his way, not to mention a questionable qb like feely throwing to him

but i guess i'll go with boston

Gladsadmad said:
Besides James & Boston, I really like the additions to the special teams this year. John Jones, Chris Akins and Sammy Morris were all considered among the best special-teamers on their former teams. Add to that Tony Bua, Will Poole, Fred Russell and Terrence Wilkins and you have the makings of a dramatically improved unit.
This is a fantastic post, we did need alot of help on special teams. To many times we had horable field position, and our opponent had great.

I would say that if we get to the PS, it would have to be due to the plethora of coaches (WR, QB, OC) that our illustrious HC has brought in this year...

AJ Feeley......if only for the simple fact it means Feidler won't be starting. :evil:
If not Feeley either James or Boston.........depending on what Boston we get.

I think you have to go with Feeley. Boston can be a HUGE pick up for this team, but if you have Fiedler there throwing the ball 10 yards over his head... than Boston's effectiveness will be severely limited. That is why we need Feeley, the ability to throw the ball down field.

CrunchTime said:
On paper we have had some very good pickups at much needed positions.Only time will tell if those players will produce on the field.

Perhaps the question should have been "Which of our pickups have a better chance of contributing significantly imediately."My answer would be James ,then Boston (I hope)
took the words right out of my mouth

Muck said:
I think it could be Jerry Sullivan. He's regarded by many of his peers to be one of the best positional coaches in the league. And the last time David Boston played a full season for him, it resulted in 98 recs, 1598 yards, 8 TDs. That year Boston tallied 9 games with 100+ yards receiving, and 11 games with at least 5 catches.
I'm gonna have to agree with you. This guy has me really excited. I love what he's preaching and how he goes about his business.

Great Input guys!

Hopefully all of these guys will be great pickups and we can get where we need to be!

IMO we have had a fairly decent offseason, except for a few negative things... Jeno James, Boston and Feeley could be strong moves. Boston's success depends on Feeley's and Feeley's success depends on Jeno James and John St. Clair. In 5 months we will be able to look back at this thread and see who it was. If Feeley has a decent year, everyone will talk about how much of a steal he was. One move i personally liked, was the pick up of Antaun Edwards to push Arturo Freeman at safety with the departure of Brock Marion.

Back
Top Bottom