Best DW moves. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best DW moves.

My favorite move of Wanny's was when he looked slackjawed at the replay and ran his fingers through his hair in disbelief.

FinFrenzy said:
You can't really look at the Ricky Williams trade as a good move right now unless he comes back. We lost 2 first round picks remember.

On paper, it was the best move -- Williams retiring wasn't DW's fault.

Marc790 said:
With all the negatives about DW, there were also some goods. Perhaps someone else can contribute instead of constantly whining about his negative moves.

Draft picks:

Chris Chambers

Randy McMichael

Tony Bua

Trades:

Ricky Williams

Junior Seau

Free agents:
Jay Fiedler (let’s admit it, after the 62-7 debacle and retirement of Marino, he was the best that happened to Miami)

Lamar Smith

Releases:

Darrell Gardener

Oh man dude, if this is the best you can come up with for 5 years of work ...

I'm just elated he's freezing his butt off in Pittsburgh.

Marc790 said:
On paper, it was the best move -- Williams retiring wasn't DW's fault.

Partly it was cuz one of his reason's was because Wanny used Ricky as his workhorse or should i say overused him, he carried theballed at least 27 times a gam in his two years with Miami

Staying in the background while JJ drafted John Avery and skipping Randy Moss in 98'.:roflmao: :cry: :lol: :confused:

Jamar Fletcher (ist rounder), Eddie Moore(2nd Round), Derrious Thompson FA, Todd PerryFA, Taylor WHitley (3rd rounder), Mcdrop(FA), Ben Kelly (3rd round), deon Dyer (4th rounder) Wade Smith (3rd rounder obtained for a future 2nd rounder), Trading for Cade McNown (6th rounder).trading for Alonzo Mayes (7th rounder ), Kim Druckenmiller (7th rounder). And almost all picks from round 5 t o 7th on 2000,2001,2002,2003 (only3 players from that slot during that time). Trading Jay Williams for a 4th Rounder,

And the player we missed on draft day, when everyone in the organization wanted to go that way, like Drew Brees, like Anquan Boldin, etc.

Draft Picks
Chambers-I'll give you that

McMichael-I'll give you that

Bua-More of a ST beast will end up being like Larry Izzo, wasn't drafted by Wanny

Trades
Ricky Williams-While he played for us and was putting up big numbers, yeah it was good. But you look but it is a horrible trade now because he retired, and we lost 2 1st round pick.

Seau-An ok trade, he would have been cut anyways.

Free Agents
Fiedler-NO!!!

Lamar Smith- You know how successful your former coach was when Lamar Smith and Jay Fiedler were considered his best FA moves.

Releases
Gardner- IMO debatable. He was a great player here, but he was a headcase. Looking back now it wasn't baad because he has a bad back.

gordolphin said:
Jamar Fletcher (ist rounder), Eddie Moore(2nd Round), Derrious Thompson FA, Todd PerryFA, Taylor WHitley (3rd rounder), Mcdrop(FA), Ben Kelly (3rd round), deon Dyer (4th rounder) Wade Smith (3rd rounder obtained for a future 2nd rounder), Trading for Cade McNown (6th rounder).trading for Alonzo Mayes (7th rounder ), Kim Druckenmiller (7th rounder). And almost all picks from round 5 t o 7th on 2000,2001,2002,2003 (only3 players from that slot during that time). Trading Jay Williams for a 4th Rounder,

So I guess there is nothing good that he did. Oh, wait he didn't try to bring back Erick Kramer....now that is a good thing

With all the negatives about DW, there were also some goods. Perhaps someone else can contribute instead of constantly whining about his negative moves.

Draft picks:

Chris Chambers
- good pick

Randy McMichael- good pick

Tony Bua- this was Spielmens pick

Trades:

Ricky Williams
- Debatable. You can say it isnt his fault Ricky retired...Or you can say one of the reasons Ricky was traded was for his attitude, something that possibly could of seen. I dont know.

Junior Seau- yup, good.

Free agents:
Jay Fiedler (let’s admit it, after the 62-7 debacle and retirement of Marino, he was the best that happened to Miami
)- No....This move set us back 5 years. We could barley get into the playoffs in most of those years with a stellar defence, RB, and decent WRs/OL.

Lamar Smith- ya, pretty nice pickup.

Releases:

Darrell Gardener
- ya.

I think his best moves were drafting McMichael in the 4th and Chambers in the 2nd.

Back
Top Bottom