shouright said:
How about a real one:

CB -- Everson Walls
CB -- Dennis Thurman
S -- Dextor Clinkscale
S -- Michael Downs
NB -- Ron Fellows

They combined for 21 INTs in 1984.
I also think Clinkscale was a OLB?...No?

scottieUK said:
Remind me who Thurman played for? And who the hell is Clinksale?
That was the early/mid 80s Dallas secondary.

CB - Deion Sanders

CB - Dick "Night train" Lane

S - Ronnie Lott

S - Ken Houston/Ed Reed

scottieUK said:
Ha ha, nice one homer!! Now give me your real choices! I admire your loyalty though

i aint a homer u the homie

CB- Ronnie Lott
CB- Deion Sanders (although i hate him)
SS- Rod Woodson
FS- Darren Sharper

CB - Nightrane Lane
CB - Herb Adderly
NB - Deion Sanders
DB - Mel Blount
S - Ronnie Lott
S - Larry Wilson

How about right now?
CB Deangelo Hall, Falcons
CB Dunta Robinson, Texans
FS Ed Reed, Ravens
SS Troy Plaumatu, Steelers
That is one young bunch of studs with all kinds of speed to burn.
Alternates would be
SS Roy Williams, Cowboys
CB Ken Lucas, Panthers
This is my Madden secondary, I love it

scottieUK said:
Agreed, but wouldn`t my choice of Lott and Atwater have the same problem?

Nope. Ronnie Lott pretty much had it all. He actually started at CB his first six seasons in the NFL. He lead the league in INTs one of those years.

In all, Lott played six years at CB and eight at safety. He's sixth all time in INTs (63).

I think the reason many people forget that Lott was a CB was because when Tecmo Bowl (pretty much the first football video game with names) came out, he'd already moved to safety. :)

Rod Woodson is another. He was a Pro Bowler and the NFL's highest paid CB before becoming a safety later on. Many people think he's the second-greatest CB of all time behind Deion. Mel Blount once said Woodson's the best DB he'd ever seen.

Today I'd take.....

CB - Champ Bailey
CB - Chris Gamble
FS - Ed Reed
SS - Brian Dawkins

Dunta Robinson is another CB who I like. Pat Surtain also is up there with me. Tackles and plays the run better than most CBs.

Muck said:
Nope. Ronnie Lott pretty much had it all. He actually started at CB his first six seasons in the NFL. He lead the league in INTs one of those years.

In all, Lott played six years at CB and eight at safety. He's sixth all time in INTs (63).

I think the reason many people forget that Lott was a CB was because when Tecmo Bowl (pretty much the first football video game with names) came out, he'd already moved to safety. :)

Rod Woodson is another. He was a Pro Bowler and the NFL's highest paid CB before becoming a safety later on. Many people think he's the second-greatest CB of all time behind Deion. Mel Blount once said Woodson's the best DB he'd ever seen.
best football game ever...Washington used to give me fits on the gameboy version

Wow! This is really tough. A lot of those players you guys mentioned are in my list, I just don't think I could narrow it down but I'd have to have:
Neon Deion-CB
Night Trane Lane-CB
Rod Woodson-S
mel Blount-S

But I'd also throw in guys like Ed Reed and Darrell Green

How about assembling the greatest Dolphins D backfield?
Louis Oliver-S
Pat Surtain-CB
Jake Scott-S
Jim Jensen :-)

MrClean said:
CB- Jimmy Johnson
CB- Willie Brown
S- Ronnie Lott
S- Rod Woodson

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.jsp?player_id=105
http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.jsp?player_id=36

One thing that immediately jumped out at me is their size. These two played 30-40 years ago. And yet they both would be considered fairly big corners today at 6-1 and 6-2.

Hard to pick anyone outside of Lott and Woodson at safety. The complete emodiment of what you want at safety, along with strong leadership.

CirclingWagons said:
best football game ever...Washington used to give me fits on the gameboy version

I still play it.

Some years ago I discovered emulators. First game I downloaded was Tecmo Bowl. :) Blast from the past. Bo Jackson = unstoppable.

Back
Top Bottom