Best of the East Poll | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best of the East Poll

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I don't understand how anyone can say we don't have the best backfield. Not only do we have the best RB in the division, but we also have the best FB and very good depth at RB. There is no "tie" for best backfield, it belongs to Miami.

:up:

Only one word can describe it: D-E-N-I-A-L

Don't give me any crap about "depth", Ricky is easily the best RB in the AFCE and we have the best backfield. Anybody who says other wise must be :crazy:

Best O-line
1. Bills
2. Jets
3. Pats
4. Miami
Best D-line
1. Miami
2. Jets
3. Pats
4. Bills
Best LB's
1. Pats
2. Miami
3. Bills
4. Jets
Best Secondary
1. Miami
2. Pats
3. Bills
4. Jets
Best Backfield
1. Miami
2. Bills
3. NYJ
4. Patriots
Best Receiver Corp
1. Bills
2. Pats
3. Jets
4. Miami
Best QB's
1. Bills
2. Pats
3. (tie) Jets
3. (tie) Miami
Best Coaching Staff
1. Patriots
2. Miami
3. Jets
4. Bills

Breck I know it's your opinion and I respect that, but let's say Posey and Greenwood is a wash, do you think Seau-Thomas combo is better than a Spikes-Fletcher combo? There is no right or wrong since everything is based on paper. Just wondering.

Originally posted by knoxpk
Just want your opinion in order 1. 2. 3. 4.
By unit ..

Best O-line
Best d-line
best LB corp
Best secondary
Best Backfield
best receiver corp (Include TE here)
Best QB
Best coaching staff

For example
Best LB Corps
1. buffalo
2. Miami
3. NY
4. NE

(this is just an illustration dont jump on me)

tell me what YOU THINK!

Best O-Line:
1. Buffalo
2. Miami
3. New York
4. New England

Best D-Line:
1. Miami
2. New York
3. Buffalo
4. New England

Best LB corps:
1. Buffalo
2. Miami
3. New York
4. New England

Best Secondary:
1. Miami
2. New England
3. Buffalo
4. New York

Best Backfield:
1. Miami
2. Buffalo
3. New York
4. New England

Best Receiving Corps:
1. Buffalo
2. Miami
3. New York
4. New England

Best QB:
1. Buffalo
2. New England
3. New York
4. Miami

Best Coaching Staff:
1. New England
2. New York
3. Miami
4. Buffalo

Let me get this straight..most of you put Miami coaching staff last//\\
Norv O coord..is worst than the other 3 of the east.
Bates D coord..has had the top 5 D for the past 3-4 years.
Armstrong..ST Who's st is better besides our old st coord..in Jets land
Personnel--Rick Spelman..remember Donohue was offered the job.
Wanny...only put this staff together..

Give me break...you guys are nuts..nothing personal..but no other team in our division has been to the playoff more time than the dolphins in the last 6 years..

We have the same ol that rush for over 2500 yards last year..which is easlier ..pass blocking or running...I think we finally got the right combo..And I reject the notion because Dixon is playing OT that that somehow negates the job this OL is capable of...I think Dixon is good no matter where he plays,,maybe except center.

Last edited by a moderator:
couple things..

MDFINFAN - i think they are looking at the head coach soley, and the phin fans obvious dislike for him.

Iceblizzard69 and Booyeah - i rated the fins a tie with buffalo and the jets because..

while the dolphins have the best rb, without a doubt, and a good back up in edwards, and a good FB in konrad (to say he is the best in the nfl is an opinion that can not be backed up, but he is a good one no doubt)...

i think that the jets have as potent a combo with martin, who is not as good as ricky, but damn good (and was hurt last year), and cosistent as hell, as well as jordan, who is an incredible backup and could be a starter and a heck of alot of teams, sowell is an underated blocker (what FB isnt underated really)..

the bills have henry, who could have put up compairable RW numbers with the extra 58 carries (about 3 extra games roughly) that RWs got, they also have gary as a back up, and the potential of mcgahee, with gash at fb. now, you can debate the fact that i am even putting a value on mcgahee at this point, but the fact is, all these rating are opinions, and that is how i based my tie .. just an fyi... it is not denial, i am just looking at the whole picture, and i see it different.. not everyone looks through teal colored glasses.. :D

Originally posted by justafan
Breck I know it's your opinion and I respect that, but let's say Posey and Greenwood is a wash, do you think Seau-Thomas combo is better than a Spikes-Fletcher combo? There is no right or wrong since everything is based on paper. Just wondering.

I'm not Breck, but here's my opinion. Thomas is better than Fletcher and Spikes is better than Seau. I think the drop off from Thomas to Fletcher is greater than the dropoff from Spikes to Seau. So based on the starters, I rate Miami above Buffalo. I'm not sure what my answer would be if you factor in depth bc/ I don't know who Buffalo's backups are.

After reading all of that, it's hard to believe my Patriots have a chance.

It's hard to refute some of those rankings, though.

This year will probably be another dogfight with the division winner only a few games better than the last place team.

I gotta say I'm impressed with everyone's respect for Bill Belichick. Many of you must feel that he is what gives the Pats hope. I gotta agree - I love him as our coach.

Originally posted by PatsWin2002
After reading all of that, it's hard to believe my Patriots have a chance.

It's hard to refute some of those rankings, though.

Tis what happens when your in the strongest division in football. AFC east beats up on itself so much it's hard to look at any of the AFC east as superbowl contenders as each and every matchup in the east is competitive with a high rivalry factor. We spend so much of our time beating up on each other that no one has any juice left for the playoffs......except that flukey team from a couple years ago ;p

Originally posted by rafael

I'm not Breck, but here's my opinion. Thomas is better than Fletcher and Spikes is better than Seau. I think the drop off from Thomas to Fletcher is greater than the dropoff from Spikes to Seau. So based on the starters, I rate Miami above Buffalo. I'm not sure what my answer would be if you factor in depth bc/ I don't know who Buffalo's backups are.

Spikes played OLB and Seau switched to OLB. Seau's age and the fact that he came of his worst season due to injuries, I think the drop off is bigger.

Despite having one of the worst DL and no help for Pat Williams, Fletcher was third in the league in tackles last year. It was also his first year with the bills.

I have a lot of respect for Belicheck. He's actually learned from his past mistakes as head coach of the Cleveland Browns. I don't consider New England to be a very talented team at all, but I feel Belicheck gets the absolute most out of that team. Conversely, Dave Wannstedt has an extremely talented team, with the exception of the quarterback position, and he fails to get this team to the playoffs.

Originally posted by justafan

Spikes played OLB and Seau switched to OLB. Seau's age and the fact that he came of his worst season due to injuries, I think the drop off is bigger.

Despite having one of the worst DL and no help for Pat Williams, Fletcher was third in the league in tackles last year. It was also his first year with the bills.

pretty much what he said..

O line... Bills, Jets,Phins, Pats
D line... Phins,Jets,Pats,Bills
LB... (barring injuries) just about even across board, Bills upgraded, Jets should be healthier and have DT to take boclkers off the second level, Phins upgraded, Pats upgraded and have experience, no one team above the others.
DB... Phins, Pats, Jets , Bills
RB... Phins, Jets, Bills, Pats (Henry cant block and fumbles, great stats but bad fundamental player)
WR(and TE) ... Bills, Phins, Jets, Pats
QB ... JETS, Bills, Phins, Pats ...Fiedler and Griese will have more experience, but Bledsoe and Chad have the arms
Coaches- JETS (they play to win), Pats , Bills and Phin (Gillbride and Norv both need to prove they havent lost their touch )
LAST CATEGORY....JUST AS IMPORTANT.... SPECIAL TEAMS... Pats, Phins, Bills, Jets ( Jets lost return men and kicker, Pats have money outdoor kicker, Phins added special teams help, Bills may have edge on return game to even things out, they made plays down vs. Raiders but arent consistent there that I have seen..)

Bellichek was a bad call vs. Phins and replay from Bears of ending 7-9, same way he did in Cleveland, and his O coach is joke. Nice guy but minus a nearly impossible season of every call going perfectly in his favor is an 8-8 or 9-7 or 7-9 median range coach.

There it is, Bills give drew time and may win with points again and their LB upgrade. Phins have things to prove but are perhaps most consistent across the board, not weakest in any one area. Pats can even out things with special teams return man Faulk and a clutch kicker to even out an O that is not physical to match its great d. Jets have CHAD and the PLAY TO WIN. Their coach expects a lot of his men, and they are deep eveywhere but WR and special teams, which will lose a few games to make it close.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Let me get this straight..most of you put Miami coaching staff last//\\
Norv O coord..is worst than the other 3 of the east.
Bates D coord..has had the top 5 D for the past 3-4 years.
Armstrong..ST Who's st is better besides our old st coord..in Jets land
Personnel--Rick Spelman..remember Donohue was offered the job.
Wanny...only put this staff together..

Give me break...you guys are nuts..nothing personal..but no other team in our division has been to the playoff more time than the dolphins in the last 6 years..

We have the same ol that rush for over 2500 yards last year..which is easlier ..pass blocking or running...I think we finally got the right combo..And I reject the notion because Dixon is playing OT that that somehow negates the job this OL is capable of...I think Dixon is good no matter where he plays,,maybe except center.

But i think his point is that in spite of these "great" coaches, our team is still going backwards.

Best O-line
Buffalo
Miami
Jets
Pats

Best D-line
Miami
Jets
Pats
Bills

Best LBs
Buffalo/Miami (yeah yeah, it's a cop out, I know)
Jets
Pats

Secondary
Miami
Pats
Bills
Jets

Best backfield
Miami
Buffalo
NYJ
Pats