Best Offseason Move In the AFC East? ( Not Draft ) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Offseason Move In the AFC East? ( Not Draft )

Junc,

Just playing Devil's Advocate here. I am a fan of TJ.

Jones will be hitting 30 next year, and this is his 4th team I believe. With the book on RB's is that they "hit the wall" at 30, what impact will Jones have on the Jets, and do you think that is a cause for concern?

Junc,

Just playing Devil's Advocate here. I am a fan of TJ.

Jones will be hitting 30 next year, and this is his 4th team I believe. With the book on RB's is that they "hit the wall" at 30, what impact will Jones have on the Jets, and do you think that is a cause for concern?

30 is always a concern BUT he has realtively low mileage on him b/c he didn't get a ton of carries early on and he has split somewhat the last couple of years.

jones is 28 right now(will turn 29 in August), just for comparisonlet's look at Curtis' carries after his season he was 28

Curtis: 2343 carries
Jones: 1349 carries

That's almost 1000 less and by allaccounts Jones is a workout freak much the way Curtis was so I feel rpetty good hecan play at a pretty high level for at least 3-4 more years PLUS he will still be giving up carries to leon so we won't see many 300+ carry seasons.

On paper today, Thomas Jones and Adalius Thomas, at the end of the year, Derrick Dockery.

Football games are won in the trenches. This move isn't as flashy as Moss but it's huge for Buffalo. For some reason, Miami neglects it's o-line. And for as much hype as the Pats get for all this year's offseason moves, it doesn't mean anything if one of their o-line or Seymour get hurts.

Id say a toss up b/w Adalius Thomas & Joey Porter. The Pats are goign to be able to wreak havoc with A. Thomas and R. Seymor, the same way the Fins will be able to with J. Porter and J. Taylor. These combinations will create one hell of a pass rush.

Football games are won in the trenches. This move isn't as flashy as Moss but it's huge for Buffalo. For some reason, Miami neglects it's o-line. And for as much hype as the Pats get for all this year's offseason moves, it doesn't mean anything if one of their o-line or Seymour get hurts.

Pats OL has a lot of tested depth, even prior to this year, and they did pick up some prospects in the offseason. I don't see that being an issue.

The only tentative question mark is at RT - will Kazcur or O'Callahan start? Over the last 2 years, they've lost their LT & C for the season, and RG & RT have been a revolving door due to injuries, but it's never caused too much in the way of a problem. The OL is the least of their worries.

If Seymour goes down, that will hurt, but, even there, they have some tested depth, but not at Big Sey's level.

1.) Adalius Thomas - Patriots (Gives NE a multidimensional defensive stud)
2.) Thomas Jones - Jets (Good back, still has a shaky OLine, though)
3.) Randy Moss - Patriots (Time will tell, but could be a historically great pickup)

30 is always a concern BUT he has realtively low mileage on him b/c he didn't get a ton of carries early on and he has split somewhat the last couple of years.

Well then, isn't it true that Jones hasn't proven he can carry the load?

[mod]Save it for the Smack forum. If you cannot partake in a civil, non-your team sucks conversation, then do not post here.[/mod]
Id say a toss up b/w Adalius Thomas & Joey Porter. The Pats are goign to be able to wreak havoc with A. Thomas and R. Seymor, the same way the Fins will be able to with J. Porter and J. Taylor. These combinations will create one hell of a pass rush.

On paper today, Thomas Jones and Adalius Thomas, at the end of the year, Derrick Dockery.

I haven't stop smiling about the Bills' OL since March 2nd when they signed him! Fowler (C) - Dockery (LG) - Peters (LT) makes the left side of the Bills' OL absolutely awesome, especially in the running game -- and the right side isn't too shabby, either, just not set yet.

Willis is gonna be sorry he left when he sees the Bills new OL! :evil:

I'd say the best players on the def and off sides of the ball picked up in AFC east are..
Def.
#1 Joey Porter-Mia (look at his stats better than Adalius Thomas)
#2 Adalius Thomas-NE (but Bill B. will get alot from him by moving him around)
Off
#1 Randy Moss-NE Tom Brady will make this work better than most believe and for a #4 rd(i believe this PRIDE is hurt he only got traded for #4rd,we got more for Wes W.)
#2 Thomas Jones-NY Jets
#3 Wes W.-NE he's a great slot WR,pretty good PR also
IMO
#4 Donte Stallworth-NE WR
#5 Kelley Washington-NE WR

Pats OL has a lot of tested depth, even prior to this year, and they did pick up some prospects in the offseason. I don't see that being an issue.

The only tentative question mark is at RT - will Kazcur or O'Callahan start? Over the last 2 years, they've lost their LT & C for the season, and RG & RT have been a revolving door due to injuries, but it's never caused too much in the way of a problem. The OL is the least of their worries.

If Seymour goes down, that will hurt, but, even there, they have some tested depth, but not at Big Sey's level.
With the LT spots being covered by Matt Light, and Wesley Britt ( who is finally healthy and did a solid job the few times Light was not in last season).
At RT Nick Kaczur is the starter so long as he is healthy and Ryan O'Callaghan is the developing back up. Russ Hochstein covers at both Guards and Center. But the Kid Clint Oldenburg can play any spot but Center including TE.

As for D-Line Depth Seymour is solid but Jarvis Green is a quicker pass rusher.
Mike Wright has also shown great skills. But if Green or Wright couldn't go then Adalius Thomas can line up as a DE.

I'd say the best players on the def and off sides of the ball picked up in AFC east are..
Def.
#1 Joey Porter-Mia (look at his stats better than Adalius Thomas)
#2 Adalius Thomas-NE (but Bill B. will get alot from him by moving him around)
Off
#1 Randy Moss-NE Tom Brady will make this work better than most believe and for a #4 rd(i believe this PRIDE is hurt he only got traded for #4rd,we got more for Wes W.)
#2 Thomas Jones-NY Jets
#3 Wes W.-NE he's a great slot WR,pretty good PR also
IMO
#4 Donte Stallworth-NE WR
#5 Kelley Washington-NE WR

So Welker and Washington are better pickups than a 26 year old guard who was a part of the 2nd ranked rushing offense? Brilliant. Are you sure you're not Randy Mueller? Because it's this type of thinking that has the Fins sign aging LBs to a good defense rather than OL to one of the worst units in the NFL. :bighug:

Dockery, while neither the name or flashy position, will be the best pickup this offseason because the Bills will have a top 10 offense and offensive ROY. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom