Best Offseason Move In the AFC East? ( Not Draft ) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Offseason Move In the AFC East? ( Not Draft )

I think the best move is either Thomas Jones or the group of recievers the patriots got. Both were major weaknesses for both teams. A.Thomas and Porter were pretty good moves (all though the dolphins terribly over paid) but LB wasnt a pressing need for either team.

So Welker and Washington are better pickups than a 26 year old guard who was a part of the 2nd ranked rushing offense? Brilliant. Are you sure you're not Randy Mueller? Because it's this type of thinking that has the Fins sign aging LBs to a good defense rather than OL to one of the worst units in the NFL. :bighug:

Dockery, while neither the name or flashy position, will be the best pickup this offseason because the Bills will have a top 10 offense and offensive ROY. :wink:

2nk ranked in the 'powerhouse' NFC. He's not even the best guard in the AFC East (that honor belongs to mankins) even though he's paid like it.

We'll see how much of Washingtons production was due to him vs. the rest of their OL, and Portis of course. maybe he'll be as helpful as Mike Williams was?

Patriots by far have had the best offseason. All their moves are gonna make them the team to beat this season

he carried that bad O to a SB last year.

Ya, but that OLine is very good in Chicago. Not saying the ones you guys have in New York isn't good. I'd certainly love to have Ferguson and Mangold for years to come. Heck, we were looking at Pete Kendall---who is a quality G. For some reason I just believe that Thomas Jones will have a good year---not great---but really good. That's all you guys need really. Get a threat in the backfield and it really helps out Pennington and those WRs. I don't believe his YPC will be very high, but he'll get his 1100 yards.

The best pickup I believe will be Randy Moss, with Adalius Thomas and Thomas Jones as close seconds.

However, the best offseason "move" I believe is the move of Vernon Carey from RT to LT...clearly our best OLineman moves to the most important position on the line. I think it will really benefit and help our OLine out greatly.

To me Thomas Jones is a pretty average RB and he certainly didn't carry Chicago to the Superbowl.

Jones had a pretty good OL in Chicago but that is no reason to say that his success was just a result of that. I was able to watch a lot of games of the Bears though and Jones is not that fast, not powerful and he doesn't even seems to find the big holes in the line of scrimmage. Every time Benson was able to carry the ball he was more dangerous than Jones.

I still think the Jets did a good job signing him altough they overpaid.

The best move in this off-season so far is the signing of Adalius Thomas.

Jets fans will say Jones, Pats fans will say Thomas, Moss, Stallworth or the other 43 guys they had, Bills fans will say someone on their OL and most Dolfans will say Porter.

Sound about it?

So Welker and Washington are better pickups than a 26 year old guard who was a part of the 2nd ranked rushing offense? Brilliant. Are you sure you're not Randy Mueller? Because it's this type of thinking that has the Fins sign aging LBs to a good defense rather than OL to one of the worst units in the NFL. :bighug:

Dockery, while neither the name or flashy position, will be the best pickup this offseason because the Bills will have a top 10 offense and offensive ROY. :wink:

Wow you at look. Love the confidence you have in your team. :lol:

To me Thomas Jones is a pretty average RB and he certainly didn't carry Chicago to the Superbowl.

Jones had a pretty good OL in Chicago but that is no reason to say that his success was just a result of that. I was able to watch a lot of games of the Bears though and Jones is not that fast, not powerful and he doesn't even seems to find the big holes in the line of scrimmage. Every time Benson was able to carry the ball he was more dangerous than Jones.

I still think the Jets did a good job signing him altough they overpaid.

The best move in this off-season so far is the signing of Adalius Thomas.

He is definitely more than average and he did carry Chi to the SB. He ran for 301 yds on 5.5 YPC w/ 4 TDs in Chi's 3 games.

Yeah they had a good OL but behind the same OL Cedric Benson averaged 2.7 YPC in the posteason. How was benson more dangerous?

How did we overpay for Jones? We gave up a 2nd rd pick we had, NE gave up a 2 and a 7 for a medicore return man and #3 WR- when compared to that deal it looks like the steal of the Century.

Come on, so know Jones is fully responsable of Chicago's NFC title?

You know, stats are not everything. If you actually watched any game of Chicago you would know what I'm talking about. Jones dances too much in the pocket, he needs to learn how to attack the holes.

And yes, Benson didn't have a good post-season.

Jets fans will say Jones, Pats fans will say Thomas, Moss, Stallworth or the other 43 guys they had, Bills fans will say someone on their OL and most Dolfans will say Porter.

Sound about it?

you nailed it

Come on, so know Jones is fully responsable of Chicago's NFC title?

You know, stats are not everything. If you actually watched any game of Chicago you would know what I'm talking about. Jones dances too much in the pocket, he needs to learn how to attack the holes.

And yes, Benson didn't have a good post-season.

I have watched Jones for a few years and that is wh during last season I said I hoped we'd get him. There wren't any rumors but I knew at some point they had to start benson and move out jones. The D wasn't great in the playoffs, the passing O was it's usual self and benson was terrible. Jones didn't carry them by himself but he was the biggest reason they made the SB w/ his play in the playoffs. I am not calling him a great player but he's a very good RB and obviously is a huge upgrade from what we had last year. A combo of Jones and Leon is going to be really hard to stop and that will open up the passing game more where we have a dynamic duo at WR whereas last year teams knew we couldn't run so they just tried to take away the pass.

Back
Top Bottom