• Chad Pennington

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Donnie Abraham

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Other(explain)

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters
Disgustipate said:
You're basing the worth of the player on what he got in a trade? I guess Milloy isnt worth anything because the Patriots didnt even think he was worth a trade. Rodney Harrison obviously isnt worth a damn either, because he was released too. That's the 2nd dumbest reasoning by a Bills fan in this thread, amazingly.

Two of five, or three of eight?
You are obviously misinformed with the Milloy situation. He was let go because he wasn't willing to take a pay cut. His fate was not decided by the Pats til the last few days. He joined the bills 4 days before the season started but he was contacted by other teams.

Why haven't teams traded for Ogun for a 1st and 4th? Exactly, because they think he isn't worth it. So how does that differ from that logic :rolleyes: That's what contracts and trades are all about , hellooooo!!!!

Without dragging Moulds into this tell me, would you trade Chambers for a 6th rd.? Would you have traded Chambers for Boston straight up if the chargers required it?

Just answer these two simple questions.

Justasportsfan said:
You are obviously misinformed with the Milloy situation. He was let go because he wasn't willing to take a pay cut. His fate was not decided by the Pats til the last few days. He joined the bills 4 days before the season started but he was contacted by other teams.

Why haven't teams traded for Ogun for a 1st and 4th? Exactly, because they think he isn't worth it. So how does that differ from that logic :rolleyes: That's what contracts and trades are all about , hellooooo!!!!

Without dragging Moulds into this tell me, would you trade Chambers for a 6th rd.? Would you have traded Chambers for Boston straight up if the chargers required it?

Just answer these two simple questions.
You better just move onto another thread....you are digging your own grave deeper and deeper.

" Without dragging Moulds into this tell me, would you trade Chambers for a 6th rd.? Would you have traded Chambers for Boston straight up if the chargers required it? "

That has to be one of the dumbest comparisons I've ever seen.....David Boston and his high salary were going to be cut if they couldn't get what they could for him.....they took a 6th from Miami....it's like asking a Bills' fan "Would you trade Fred Taylor for Rob Johnson?" Oh yeah, you guys already did that...... Would the Bills' have given up a 6th rounder for Lawyer Milloy last year?.....Well, they got him for nothing so he must not even be worth a 7th rounder according to your logic. :goof:

dcm said:
You better just move onto another thread....you are digging your own grave deeper and deeper.

" Without dragging Moulds into this tell me, would you trade Chambers for a 6th rd.? Would you have traded Chambers for Boston straight up if the chargers required it? "

That has to be one of the dumbest comparisons I've ever seen.....David Boston and his high salary were going to be cut if they couldn't get what they could for him.....they took a 6th from Miami....it's like asking a Bills' fan "Would you trade Fred Taylor for Rob Johnson?" Oh yeah, you guys already did that...... Would the Bills' have given up a 6th rounder for Lawyer Milloy last year?.....Well, they got him for nothing so he must not even be worth a 7th rounder according to your logic. :goof:

Milloy was not up for a trade. He was released. The Pats made that clear that they were not going to trade him or put him in an Ogun situation. Had they asked for somethin, maybe the bills would've given something up but they didn't . Bellichick was not going to risk a locker room fiasco involving the teams leader at that time who was Milloy. Get it ?

MY point is that is Boston was such a player that he would be considered to be the best wr in a division, then why didn't any team offer more than a 6th rd. for his services. Geez, we franchised Price and yet the Falcons traded , gave him a huge contract and gave up a 1st. What were the offers for Boston?

Every team knew Boston's salary would be restructured which would lessen the risk. Why would a best wr in a division settle for so much is he believes he's the man?

Why don't you answer the question as well, would you trade a best wr in a divsion for Chambers? I bet your answer is no.

MOULDSROCKS said:
Your DT rankings are incredibly bad (first of all, Adams is only the 2nd best DT on the Bills, Klecko is 3rd best on his own team, and Robertson is a bust until he proves otherwise), Fletcher is better than Bruschi and Cowart (and IMO better than Thomas but I could go either way), and how do you have Abraham and Madison over Clements? Remember, the Jets were about to give up a huge amount of money to attain Antoine Winfield and the Bills feel Nate is a better player anayway!!! Milloy isn't the best SS anymore, but he's still better than Knight and how can you rate your FS so high when he hasn't played yet? Dillon over Henry is stupid.
I think the question was who are the best at each position in the AFC east, not where a biased Bills fan thinks his players fit in with the best.

MOULDSROCKS said:
Your DT rankings are incredibly bad (first of all, Adams is only the 2nd best DT on the Bills, Klecko is 3rd best on his own team, and Robertson is a bust until he proves otherwise), Fletcher is better than Bruschi and Cowart (and IMO better than Thomas but I could go either way), and how do you have Abraham and Madison over Clements? Remember, the Jets were about to give up a huge amount of money to attain Antoine Winfield and the Bills feel Nate is a better player anayway!!! Milloy isn't the best SS anymore, but he's still better than Knight and how can you rate your FS so high when he hasn't played yet? Dillon over Henry is stupid.

Otherwise the ranking are pretty accurate IMO.

This is how my All-AFC East team would go:

QB: Brady, Pennignton, DB, (AJ)
RB: Bills 2 headed monster, Ricky, Dillon, Martin
FB: Konrad
WR: Moulds, Chambers, Moss
TE: Randy McMichael
LT: Jonas Jennings/Matt Light (both great players, JJ is always battling nagging inuries but still only gave up 2 sacks last year)
LG: Jeno James
C: Dan Koppen (Mawae is getting over the hill)
RG: Chris Villarial
RT: Mike Williams
-The Bills don't have the best overall unit (LG and C are huge ?), but individually I'd take 3 of our 5... hopefully Jim McNally teaches them to be a cohesive unit

RE: Jason Taylor, Aaron Schobel
UT: Richard Seymour
NT: Pat Williams, Sam Adams
LE: Adewale Ogunleye, Shaun Ellis
LOLB: Rosey Colvin when healthy, Mike Vrabel otherwise
MLB: London Fletcher
MLB: Zach Thomas
ROLB: Takeo Spikes
CB: Law
CB: Clements
CB: Surtain
FS: Vincent (would move him b/c there are no great FS's in the division)
SS: Harrison
S: Milloy

P: Brian Moorman
K: Adam Vinatieri

no way the Bills RB is better then Ricky, Ricky had more yards then Travis Henry with a worst o-line

nick19991 said:
no way the Bills RB is better then Ricky, Ricky had more yards then Travis Henry with a worst o-line
nick19991.... the guy who thinks miami will be undefeated next year... :roflmao:

Heres the deal on Henry vs. Ricky: Ricky played in 1 more game and had 61 more carries than Henry, yet only gained 16 more yards. 3.5 yd average.

That would mean Henry had the better season.

SpitOnSurtain80 said:
nick19991.... the guy who thinks miami will be undefeated next year... :roflmao:

Heres the deal on Henry vs. Ricky: Ricky played in 1 more game and had 61 more carries than Henry, yet only gained 16 more yards. 3.5 yd average.

That would mean Henry had the better season.

Although I still think RW is way better than Henry......

You forgot to mention, Henry did it w/ a rib injury and a broken leg and some here claim we had a worse OL than Mami's.

QB-Brady
RB-Williams
WR-Moulds
WR-Chambers
TE-McMicheal
LT-Jennings
LG-James
C-Mawae
RG-Villarial
RT-McKenzie

RE-Taylor
LE-Ogunleye
DT-Seymour
DT-Chester
OLB-Spikes
ILB-Thomas
OLB-Colvin
DB-Surtain
DB-Law
FS-Harrison
SS-Milloy

MOULDSROCKS said:
RT: Mike Williams

Not a chance.

While you correctly point out that Jennings only gave up 2 sacks, you fail to mention that Williams gave up 9.5 sacks in only 13 games. Williams has given up 17 sacks in two years. That is not good enough for a RT. They don't normally face the tougher pass rushers.

Justasportsfan said:

You forgot to mention, Henry did it w/ a rib injury and a broken leg and some here claim we had a worse OL than Mami's.

Your line was a lot better at run protection than ours.

Justasportsfan said:

Did you watch Miami's OL run block?

FinfanInBuffalo said:
QB-Brady
RB-Williams
WR-Moulds
WR-Chambers
TE-McMicheal
LT-Jennings
LG-James
C-Mawae
RG-Villarial
RT-McKenzie

RE-Taylor
LE-Ogunleye
DT-Seymour
DT-Chester
OLB-Spikes
ILB-Thomas
OLB-Colvin
DB-Surtain
DB-Law
FS-Harrison
SS-Milloy
Ok, whats wrong with this picture?

I'll somewhat agree with the D side. Although since this appears to be based on last year, Colvin should not be here since he barely played. If its some kind of future projection, then he belongs. Milloy is in there on reputation. The Pats defensive coverage was far better last year without him and Belichick has partially attributed this to better speed coming from Eugene Wilson. But ok, Milloy was a little better in 2003 than 2002. But remember, we called him "Chase" here in NE for a reason. :evil:

On the O side, you have 4 Dolphins, 3 Bills, 2 Jets and 1 Pat. Yet, NE scored 348 points last year, Miami 311, Buffalo 243 and NYJ 283. So who's missing from the Pats? Well, Matt Light is simply the best tackle in the division. Its not even close. Other than that, probably no one else since the Pats scored mostly with depth, with Brady distributing the ball so well. And the O line is well coached and work great as a unit. They are good though, they gave up ZERO sacks to the Titans solid D line, they gave up ZERO sacks in the AFC Championship game (Freeney) and ZERO against that supposedly best DL in the NFL last year (Panthers). Maybe Andruzzi should be given some consideration at guard. He's pretty steady although he doesn't have the rep. that Woody had.

But please add Matt Light so you don't look so foolish. :o

FlyingElvis said:
Ok, whats wrong with this picture?

I'll somewhat agree with the D side. ....

On the O side, you have 4 Dolphins, 3 Bills, 2 Jets and 1 Pat. Yet, NE scored 348 points last year, Miami 311, Buffalo 243 and NYJ 283. So who's missing from the Pats? Well, Matt Light is simply the best tackle in the division. Its not even close. Other than that, probably no one else since the Pats scored mostly with depth, with Brady distributing the ball so well. And the O line is well coached and work great as a unit. They are good though, they gave up ZERO sacks to the Titans solid D line, they gave up ZERO sacks in the AFC Championship game (Freeney) and ZERO against that supposedly best DL in the NFL last year (Panthers). Maybe Andruzzi should be given some consideration at guard. He's pretty steady although he doesn't have the rep. that Woody had.

But please add Matt Light so you don't look so foolish.

I almost put Matt Light in instead of Jennings. I just didn't see much of the Pats last year.

The list on Offense simply reflects that the Fins have the best skill position players (except QB). They were seriously let down by their OL last year.

Regarding the # of players, it just doesn't tell the whole story. Woody would have made the list, but he's no longer a Pat. Villarial made the list, but he wasn't a Bill last year. Also, James wasn't a Dolphin last year.

Based on last year the OL probably should have included Light, Andruzzi, and Woody. That gives you 4 players on offense. And thats on an offense that averaged a whopping 2 points per game more than the Fins.

This also doesn't give any consideration for depth or quality falloff at each position. Two points that would favor the Pats.

Given the fact that you suggested ONE change, wasn't your reply just a bit harsh?

Given the fact that you suggested ONE change, wasn't your reply just a bit harsh?
Sorry, didn't mean to be harsh.

Just looking at the list, I knew something was amiss but was trying to understand the criteria, based on last year's performance, reputation, or projected performance (adding in potential). Looks like a mix of the above.

But I do agree with the skill positions. It does kind of highlight how important the QB position is. But OL is more difficult to assess and I just thought at least one from the Pats OL should be there and probably 2.

These lists are fun to debate though. ;)

Back
Top Bottom