• Chad Pennington

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Donnie Abraham

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Other(explain)

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters
FlyingElvis said:
Just looking at the list, I knew something was amiss but was trying to understand the criteria, based on last year's performance, reputation, or projected performance (adding in potential). Looks like a mix of the above.

I was just picking who I thought the best players were. The only real assumptions were the Colvin would return to form and none of the other players would have big dropoffs.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
QB-Brady
RB-Williams
WR-Moulds
WR-Chambers
TE-McMicheal
LT-Jennings
LG-James
C-Mawae
RG-Villarial
RT-McKenzie

RE-Taylor
LE-Ogunleye
DT-Seymour
DT-Chester
OLB-Spikes
ILB-Thomas
OLB-Colvin
DB-Surtain
DB-Law
FS-Harrison
SS-Milloy

I have no problems with that list..like you said, Colvin is the only ? because of injury, but he'll probably return to form

Some retorts

-It is widely known in Buffalo that Vincent will be moved to FS in the next couple years (ala Rod Woodson). If I was building an All-AFC East team he'd be there.

-Mike Williams gave up most of his sacks last year on stunts which our incompetent RG's ****ed up on.... he can't block everyone by himself.... and it wouldn't hurt our TE's to bump guys every so often.

-Abraham is overrated, Schobel is the only real pass-rushing threat on our team and still puts up nice numbers. Don't underestimate him b/c he's white (like many do).

-I think Fletcher is equal to Thomas, so obviously I'd ive him the nod seeing as that I am a BILLS FAN.

-Seymour made the Pro Bowl twice as a DT idiot....

-Jamal Lewis had a serious injury in college, followed by a serious injury in the NFL.... same with Priest Holems. I hear they are still decent. Don't count out McGahee is knee is stronger now than it was before the injury and physically he is fine.... we'll see about the mental part but he is a strong person mentally and physically and has already battled back from an ACL tear in his other leg so he knows what he's up against and has proven that he has the will power to overcome it.

-Boston is not the best WR in the division, that's dumb. Chambers and Moulds are better.

SpitOnSurtain80 said:
nick19991.... the guy who thinks miami will be undefeated next year... :roflmao:

Heres the deal on Henry vs. Ricky: Ricky played in 1 more game and had 61 more carries than Henry, yet only gained 16 more yards. 3.5 yd average.

That would mean Henry had the better season.
Correct^ While running on a broken leg with torn rib cartilage and 3 terrible interior lineman on a GILBRIDE coached offense

-Pat Williams is the best DT on our team, and best in the division (using the Seymour at DE logic that most of you follow.... which is technically right but in a 4-3 he's a DT in my book.)

-Last year I had an ongoing agrument over who ahd the better O-line and everyone here said the Phins did.... now they sucked? That either means you guys are not credible/don't know ****, or incredibly biased lemmings that love to follow the company line.

MOULDSROCKS said:
Some retorts

-It is widely known in Buffalo that Vincent will be moved to FS in the next couple years (ala Rod Woodson). If I was building an All-AFC East team he'd be there.

Next couple of years, eh? Note the fact that he currently is not your starting FS. Maybe I should claim that Eddie Moore is the best LOLB in the division. He's not our starting LOLB, but goddamnit, odds are he will be in the future!

MOULDSROCKS said:
-Mike Williams gave up most of his sacks last year on stunts which our incompetent RG's ****ed up on.... he can't block everyone by himself.... and it wouldn't hurt our TE's to bump guys every so often.

When he went up against good DEs, he got schooled. Adewale Ogunleye, maybe?

MOULDSROCKS said:
-Abraham is overrated, Schobel is the only real pass-rushing threat on our team and still puts up nice numbers. Don't underestimate him b/c he's white (like many do).
Abraham is overrated, but he's still better the Schobel. I dont care if he's an albino native american, he's not as good as Abraham.

MOULDSROCKS said:
-I think Fletcher is equal to Thomas, so obviously I'd ive him the nod seeing as that I am a BILLS FAN.
You're partly right. The disillusionment is that you think they are equal, not that you give Fletcher the nod because he plays on the Bills.

MOULDSROCKS said:
Seau made the Pro Bowl a million and a half times at Middle Linebacker. He's a Weakside linebacker now. Seymour performed the most of this season at 3-4 DE this year, and is currently a 3-4 DE.

-Jamal Lewis had a serious injury in college, followed by a serious injury in the NFL.... same with Priest Holems. I hear they are still decent. Don't count out McGahee is knee is stronger now than it was before the injury and physically he is fine.... we'll see about the mental part but he is a strong person mentally and physically and has already battled back from an ACL tear in his other leg so he knows what he's up against and has proven that he has the will power to overcome it.

Ok, a serious injury? Priest Holmes hurt his hip. That has nothing to do with an ACL tear. Who gives a crap if he is strong mentally? Are you claiming Edgerin James is not the player he once was because he didnt dream of kittens and wish his way to a rehabilitated knee?

MOULDSROCKS said:
-Boston is not the best WR in the division, that's dumb. Chambers and Moulds are better.
That's your opinion. And it's wrong.

MOULDSROCKS said:
-Pat Williams is the best DT on our team, and best in the division (using the Seymour at DE logic that most of you follow.... which is technically right but in a 4-3 he's a DT in my book.)
The best in the division? Uhh, probabaly not. You can argue he's the best on your team, fine.

MOULDSROCKS said:
-Last year I had an ongoing agrument over who ahd the better O-line and everyone here said the Phins did.... now they sucked? That either means you guys are not credible/don't know ****, or incredibly biased lemmings that love to follow the company line.

When was this? Previous to it sucking? Here's the deal. Our line is better then yours in pass protection. Sand-filled garbage cans with jerseys would be better pass protectors then your line. This is scentific, and can be proven on an etch-a-sketch in 30 seconds. In run blocking, your line was much better. In 2002, our line was better then yours totally. In 2003, your was the better run blocking unit.

MOULDSROCKS said:

Mike Williams has this year to prove he is not a bust. He is not quick enough on his feet and he has not overpowered DEs as much as his size would suggest. He needs to lose 40 lbs or play alot more powerfully. I believe Vernon Carey or Damion McIntosh will become the best RT in the division within the next year.

Abraham and Scobel should not even be in the conversation. Taylor and Ogun are clearly the best DEs in the division.

Fletcher and Thomas have similar physical skills (similar size but Fletcher being faster). Thomas excels in his instincts. He more than makes up for his lack of speed by his quick reads. He also runs at top speed more often because he is confident in his reads.

Since Seymour has made the pro bowl twice, doesn't that make him the best DT in the division?

Disgustipate, answer the question, would you trade Chambers for Boston straight up? :rolleyes: You are the only one on this board who thinks Boston is the best wr in the AFCE. I wonder why :lol: ....I'd even take Santana Moss over Boston if he was available for a 6th.

Is it just me, or are Bills fans full of their team even though they suck every year?

Here's a good question: if they have all these all pro's, why do they have all these losing seasons?

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Mike Williams has this year to prove he is not a bust. He is not quick enough on his feet and he has not overpowered DEs as much as his size would suggest. He needs to lose 40 lbs or play alot more powerfully. I believe Vernon Carey or Damion McIntosh will become the best RT in the division within the next year.

Abraham and Scobel should not even be in the conversation. Taylor and Ogun are clearly the best DEs in the division.

Fletcher and Thomas have similar physical skills (similar size but Fletcher being faster). Thomas excels in his instincts. He more than makes up for his lack of speed by his quick reads. He also runs at top speed more often because he is confident in his reads.

Since Seymour has made the pro bowl twice, doesn't that make him the best DT in the division?
All I said is that Aaron Schobel is the 4th best DE in the division (counting Seymour as a DT which he is on the Pro Bowl Ballots).... cripes!

Disgustipate said:
The best in the division? Uhh, probabaly not. You can argue he's the best on your team, fine.

When was this? Previous to it sucking? Here's the deal. Our line is better then yours in pass protection. Sand-filled garbage cans with jerseys would be better pass protectors then your line. This is scentific, and can be proven on an etch-a-sketch in 30 seconds. In run blocking, your line was much better. In 2002, our line was better then yours totally. In 2003, your was the better run blocking unit.
Let's go over the DT's....

Bowens - lard ***
Chester - As of now and with what he's done in the league is nowhere near Pat... apparently he's in great shape but we haven't seen that on the field yet.
Robertson - Started off looking like a huge bust.... at the end of the year looked mediocre.... he has a LOT to prove
Dan Klecko - PLEASE!
Vince Wilfork - Underachiever hasn't done sqaut at this level
Jason Fergusan - was ***-flatened by Bledsoe... 'nuff said
Josh Evans - crackhead
Sam Adams - Became a better player when he became the 2nd threat.... good, but not as good as Pat

Pat Williams is the best DT in the division.

FinfanInBuffalo said:

You're from Buffalo, now be honest... did we not have the worst OL coaches in the league during the GW era?

Two words: JIM MCNALLY

Also, Disgustipate, Priest Holmes tore his ACL in college (that's how Ricky won his starting job). Damn you're ignorant.

You guys can argue who has the better players in the division. I'll take my players that just win and play in more Super Bowls than Pro Bowls.

Back
Top Bottom