Best QB of all time | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best QB of all time

Brady over Manning is laughable. And no Slingin' Sammy?

Brady is clearly ahead of the overrated choker who cost his team a chance to win the SB last week.

Steve Young at 5 is a joke, Brett Favre top 10 is a joke but Brady ahead of manning is correct.

How is Brady clearly ahead of manning? Because they had a kicker that was clutch in all their SB victories? Or maybe because they won a SB they were never supposed to be in in the first place? Brady is a system QB. Cassell is proof of that.

Steve Young at 5 is a joke, Brett Favre top 10 is a joke

wow...junc...i cant remember the last time i ever agreed with you, this might be a first

Peyton Manning #8? LOL......Elway #1 LOL...here is my list:

1. Marino
2. P. Manning
3. Montana
4. Elway
5. Brady

Unitas would barely make my top ten....he played against slow d-backs.

How is Brady clearly ahead of manning? Because they had a kicker that was clutch in all their SB victories? Or maybe because they won a SB they were never supposed to be in in the first place? Brady is a system QB. Cassell is proof of that.

Cassell won 6 LESS games in 2008 than Brady won in 2007. That is a HUGE difference.

The QB position isn't all about fantasy #s, Brady has gotten it down in the big spots while Manning hasn't and that was further proven last weekend. Do you think Brady is throwing that INT to end the game?

people overrate certain QBs b/c of fantasy #s like Manning, like Steve young, like Favre but in big games those guys were average players.

Bardy is clearly ahead of the overrated choker who cost his team a chance to win the SB last week.

Steve Young at 5 is a joke, Brett Favre top 10 is a joke but Brady ahead of manning is correct.

That pick 6 is going to kill Manning's legacy in the eyes of those fans who judge a QB's greatness by the team’s accomplishments and nowadays that’s quite a few. Brady is up there, without a doubt, but again the Pats choking at 18-0 in a Super bowl in which they were double digit favorites certainly hurts his bid at #1, which would have been close to a sure bet had the Pats completed the undefeated season. Look how many times John Elway led teams choked in the Super bowl when he was a younger, better QB than he was when they won the Super Bowl because he had a better team around him and a very strong running game. Just emphasizing how football is the ultimate team sport and the QB will always get too much credit when a team wins and all the blame when they lose. With that being said I disagree with JUNCY on this one. I saw the 2009 Colts as a slightly above average team (which I watched get pushed all over the field by some very average teams such as Miami, New England, Baltimore, SF and Jacksonville) that Peyton Manning single handily elevated to a Super bowl contender. He did this with one experienced WR, no running game and a pass catching TE. He had a remarkable year that will be overlooked by his huge gaff, which I’ve heard was the WR’s fault, in the Super Bowl. When I watch Manning I feel I’m looking at the best ever but he probably will never have the rings to back that up.

Cassell won 6 LESS games in 2008 than Brady won in 2007. That is a HUGE difference.

The QB position isn't all about fantasy #s, Brady has gotten it down in the big spots while Manning hasn't and that was further proven last weekend. Do you think Brady is throwing that INT to end the game?

people overrate certain QBs b/c of fantasy #s like Manning, like Steve young, like Favre but in big games those guys were average players.

Very true, but Cassell really got off to a slow start which is to be expected, once he got it down the Pats were looking pretty unbeatable again.

That pick 6 is going to kill Manning's legacy in the eyes of those fans who judge a QB's greatness by the team’s accomplishments and nowadays that’s quite a few. Brady is up there, without a doubt, but again the Pats choking at 18-0 in a Super bowl in which they were double digit favorites certainly hurts his bid at #1, which would have been close to a sure bet had the Pats completed the undefeated season. Look how many times John Elway led teams choked in the Super bowl when he was a younger, better QB than he was when they won the Super Bowl because he had a better team around him and a very strong running game. Just emphasizing how football is the ultimate team sport and the QB will always get too much credit when a team wins and all the blame when they lose. With that being said I disagree with JUNCY on this one. I saw the 2009 Colts as a slightly above average team (which I watched get pushed all over the field by some very average teams such as Miami, New England, Baltimore, SF and Jacksonville) that Peyton Manning single handily elevated to a Super bowl contender. He did this with one experienced WR, no running game and a pass catching TE. He had a remarkable year that will be overlooked by his huge gaff, which I’ve heard was the WR’s fault, in the Super Bowl. When I watch Manning I feel I’m looking at the best ever but he probably will never have the rings to back that up.

When Brady and the Pats choked Brady still led his team 80 yds for the go ahead TD in the final mins.

Indy has alot more talent than people give them credit for b/c they want to say it's all Manning. Good Ol, good RBs(it's not their fault manning refuses to run), excellent WRs(Garcon is a beast), excellent TE, really good D.

Very true, but Cassell really got off to a slow start which is to be expected, once he got it down the Pats were looking pretty unbeatable again.

We beat them w/ Favre when NE was playing their best that year. They, much like the rest of us, feasted off a weak sched. In late Nov against Pitt they got absolutely smoked.

When Brady and the Pats choked Brady still led his team 80 yds for the go ahead TD in the final mins.

True, but he had all game long to get more than 17 points. NE's stubborness killed them too though. He was getting killed but they still had to send 4 or 5 guys into patterns on every play kind of like they did in the first Jets game in 2009.

Indy has alot more talent than people give them credit for b/c they want to say it's all Manning. Good Ol, good RBs(it's not their fault manning refuses to run), excellent WRs(Garcon is a beast), excellent TE, really good D.

OK, but that doesn't change the fact that some average teams were pushing them around only to have Manning bail them out.

We beat them w/ Favre when NE was playing their best that year. They, much like the rest of us, feasted off a weak sched. In late Nov against Pitt they got absolutely smoked.

That Pats vs Jets game in NE was a good one, Pats almost stole it after getting off to a slow start. Cassell had a great game, not sure how much of a difference Brady would have made. Not to mention I concede the Jets were a top team in the NFL prior to the Favre "injury" and would have easily been AFC east champs with a more careful QB (you know who I mean).

The big thing about 2007 did they win when it matered and the awnser to that is no, im not saying that brady isnt the best QB of all time because i believe he is top 3 of the all time great QB my top three would be Mixed between Joe Montana, Tom Brady, and Peyton Manning. probably in that order

True, but he had all game long to get more than 17 points. NE's stubborness killed them too though. He was getting killed but they still had to send 4 or 5 guys into patterns on every play kind of like they did in the first Jets game in 2009.

OK, but that doesn't change the fact that some average teams were pushing them around only to have Manning bail them out.

That Pats vs Jets game in NE was a good one, Pats almost stole it after getting off to a slow start. Cassell had a great game, not sure how much of a difference Brady would have made. Not to mention I concede the Jets were a top team in the NFL prior to the Favre "injury" and would have easily been AFC east champs with a more careful QB (you know who I mean).

he did, he didn't have a great game BUT w/ the game on the line he led them 80 yds for the go ahead TD only to watch the D blow it- Peyton has never had that happen in postseason.

In the reg season manning might be the best of all time, he's great and he played like reg season Peyton against us in the title game but he rarely plays like that in postseason and you could see the look in his eyes that last drive- that wasn't a Joe cool type of look.

I know we don't win that game in NE if Brady is playing, there's no way we get up 24-6.

Back
Top Bottom