best rb ever? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

best rb ever?

FinsAreLife

F-A-L
Reaction score
before ricky "retired" and all that happened, do u think he was on the way to being one of the best rb ever......i know theres amazing players on that list such as brown, sayers, sanders, payton, smith and so on, if ricky had stayed and played about 5 or 6 more seasons where do u think he would rank among those.....................my take is the top 15 rb ever

heres my list of the top 5

1. Jim Brown
2. Barry Sanders
3. Emmit Smith
4. Walter Payton
5. O. J. Simpson

If he had reached his potential I really think he could've been Top 3 All-Time. Once he developed that speed burst he was really a force to be reckoned with. As it is now, Barry Sanders is the best I've seen, and Ricky couldn't have been quite as good as him.

FinsAreLife said:
before ricky "retired" and all that happened, do u think he was on the way to being one of the best rb ever......i know theres amazing players on that list such as brown, sayers, sanders, payton, smith and so on, if ricky had stayed and played about 5 or 6 more seasons where do u think he would rank among those.....................my take is the top 15 rb ever

1. Jim Brown
2. Barry Sanders
3. Emmit Smith
4. Walter Payton
5. O. J. Simpson

I think he could have been a top 10 if he would have stayed healthy. Hell he still could end up doing it.
Your top 5 is pretty accurate, though I'd make O.J. 3rd, keep walter at 4th and move emmitt to 5th. I actually don't think emmitt would be #5, I think he gets entirely too much credit for running behind that mammoth o-line.

FinsAreLife said:

1. Jim Brown
2. Barry Sanders
3. Emmit Smith
4. Walter Payton
5. O. J. Simpson

Switch Barry and Walter and sub. OJ for Gale Sayers...

This is very possible, the guy is an elite back power, speed great vision...what more do you want from your back. Ricky's problem is between the ears and his attitude towards life. The guy is immature and lacks one word from his vocabulary........RESPONSIBILITY.

He doesn't approach those guys in terms of career yards, but in his prime, Earl Campbell was the hardest man to bring down I've ever seen, and that includes Csonk.

Agua said:
He doesn't approach those guys in terms of career yards, but in his prime, Earl Campbell was the hardest man to bring down I've ever seen, and that includes Csonk.

:yeahthat:

The guy is fun to watch.

Agua said:

yeah i was very tempted to include earl in there and of coarse csonk jus cause im a fins fan

If he would've stayed straight Ricky had a chance to be right up there with the great ones. IMO he had all the natural ability to be one. Just not the heart obviously.

1. B. Sanders
2. J. Brown
3. W. Payton
4. G. Sayers
5. E. Smith

i never got to see o.j. play of course, but from what my dad has told me, as much as he hates the bills to, he told me he was an animal, and i mean running for 2000 yards in a season is quite an accomplishment, but then if i based it on that i owuld have to include , terrel davis, jamal lewis and so on, its a very tricky list, u could include rb's in the top 10 such as curtis martin, jerome bettis, priest holmes, and marshal faulk.........theres been so many elite backs but the list of top 5 i picked i think was prolly the best of the best

For all that rank Barry Sanders as your top back remember this..

Barry Sanders - Playoff Stats

6 games 91 rushes 386 yards 1 td

I just have a hard time voting this guy #1 with all the other top 5 guys did.

GreenMonster said:
For all that rank Barry Sanders as your top back remember this..

Barry Sanders - Playoff Stats

6 games 91 rushes 386 yards 1 td

I just have a hard time voting this guy #1 with all the other top 5 guys did.

ok, you think Marino is the best QB ever? what are his playoff/ Super Bowl stats? Can fault him for being on a bad team, if you can, then take emmitt off the list because he played behind an AMAZING o-line

Here is my best ever RB list:

1. Jim Brown
2. Walter Payton
3. Barry Sanders
4. Gale Sayers
5. Emmitt Smith

Best Power: Jim Brown
Best Moves: Barry Sanders
Best Speed: Bo Jackson

Old School: Red Grange

FinsAreLife said:
i never got to see o.j. play of course, but from what my dad has told me, as much as he hates the bills to, he told me he was an animal, and i mean running for 2000 yards in a season is quite an accomplishment, but then if i based it on that i owuld have to include , terrel davis, jamal lewis and so on, its a very tricky list, u could include rb's in the top 10 such as curtis martin, jerome bettis, priest holmes, and marshal faulk.........theres been so many elite backs but the list of top 5 i picked i think was prolly the best of the best

OJ Simpson did it in a 14-game season though... I think he is DEFINITELY in the top 3...

Back
Top Bottom