• other

Votes: 3 5.6%

• Total voters
1)LT
2)LT
3)Alexander
4)Barber(getting to old for this ****)
5)James(starting to get too old)

I went with LT, but in a few years i think the top backs in the league may all be in the afc east, willis, ronnie, and maroney, imo.

LT w/out question is the best RB currently in the NFL IMO.

someone mentions maroney? Why not just give it to adrian peterson?

ih8brady said:
someone mentions maroney? Why not just give it to adrian peterson?

I never said maroney was the best back in the league, he's not even close. Im just saying that i like this guy and he could possibly in a few years be a very good back. Whats wrong with that?

I chose LT... but if you want a RB that finds the endzone, Alexander is your man..

Barber is amazing too, he always has a good season but somehow flies under the radar every year.

B-LO said:
Out of the guys you listed, I went with Tiki Barber.

He is the prototypical all-purpose back. He quietly puts up fantastic stats, and I enjoy watching him play because he reminds me of Thurman Thomas, who was the quintessential all-purpose RB.

I think his numbers are even more impressive when you consider that his o-line hasn't always been spectacular and that he's played with a variety of QBs and few statistical superstars on offense.

Well said...I voted the same way.

I don't get what is so special about Portis or Edge. I have always thought these guys were overrated.

Portis is durable so I will give him that. But he isn't all that flashy and I don't see him break many tackles for tough yards. He is nice and all around but I just can't see him being called the leagues best. He has averaged 3.8 and 4.3 yards per carry since going to Washington. I should also remind you that Washington has arguably one of the best Olines in football.

Edge has never had to run with 8 in the box in his entire career. He has always worked behind the fear/threat of Manning chopping up a defense. He has only broken 4.5 yards per carry once in his career despite that. Once again, good back with a very well rounded game but I just can't understand how he is considered one of the best. Usually guys who are on a good passing team average close to 4.8 or higher. Not to mention on short yardage situations this guy is a joke. Gets stuffed everytime I see him.
In fact Arizona is averaging less yards per carry and less Rushing yards per game this year using Edge as opposed to the Shipp, Arrington, whoever else combo last year.

Bottom line is I watch these games and I don't see either of these two guys make incredible runs, or make 2 people miss for an extra yard. I see them as just someone there who takes what the line gives them and that is all.

I see guys like Stephen Jackson, Frank Gore, Warrick Dunn, and even DeShaun Foster do more in the running game than these two.

I realize factors like Pass blocking and catching the ball out of the backfield should be considered, but then where do you put a guy like Westbrook, or McGahee.

Both of which seem to be better runners, and either a better catcher or blocker than the previous two.

As for my opinion I will go with LT.

Back
Top Bottom