best rookie qb | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

best rookie qb

wayner

Starter
Reaction score
Tell ya what best rookie qb in the draft ive seen i think is that kid in seattle wallace he looks like a very player after watching the pats lose last night

Wilson looked very good yesterday, but I watched two other full Seahawks games (and a good chunk of the other games) and quite frankly he was really struggling in the other games. There was even talk that he might be benched for Matt Flynn prior to Sunday.

All of the rookie QBs have had their ups and downs so far. Griffin's definitely been the best so far, but I don't think he can sustain it. Too many screens, too many runs where he takes a big shot. Mike Shanahan looks like a genius now, but I think he is going to ruin his young QB.

So far it's RG3 but our guy is making a case for himself that he not lagging far behind and with likely a more promising upside based on durability and style.. He's beaten 2 winning teams going into the games in the last 2 weeks and has looked surgical doing it.

I have only seen our guy once. Ive seen RG once. I dont think its right what Shannahan is doing to that kid. He's not developing him, he's riding him to save his job. He's gonna get him hurt again.Elway was already established, so all he had to do was get outta his way. RG he's just gonna run into the ground. In my opinion Shannahan should be fired, for needlessly risking this kids future to save his ass. Thats some Sparano type ****.

So far it's RG3 but our guy is making a case for himself that he not lagging far behind and with likely a more promising upside based on durability and style.. He's beaten 2 winning teams going into the games in the last 2 weeks and has looked surgical doing it.

Agreed, Tanny seems right up there with Luck (For now) while RGIII seems to be out in the lead. I will say this tho, history shows us that frial running QBs aren't the way to go if your goal is winning championships. Give me a QB with mobility that stands tall in the pocket, moves when he has to to avoid pressure but keeps his eyes down field any day and twice on sunday.

I have only seen our guy once. Ive seen RG once. I dont think its right what Shannahan is doing to that kid. He's not developing him, he's riding him to save his job. He's gonna get him hurt again.Elway was already established, so all he had to do was get outta his way. RG he's just gonna run into the ground. In my opinion Shannahan should be fired, for needlessly risking this kids future to save his ass. Thats some Sparano type ****.

I cant say I disagree with you here. He's putting the kid in harms way, way to often if you ask me. This week for example coming off concussion he never should of asked him to run. He's going to get Bob killed.

Weeden is coming along also . . . all of them are having pretty good years. And we still could see Nick Foles take over when/if Vick gets hurt.

Luck had the most impressive performance in that comeback vs. Gbay
RGIII has had the most "moments"
Wilson has been the most suprising
Tannehill and Weeden are both showing the most improvements as the season progresses.

RG3 is by far the best so far. Followed by Luck, Wilson, and Tannehill in that order, but very close. Weeden easily being the worst.

RG3 is by far the best so far. Followed by Luck, Wilson, and Tannehill in that order, but very close. Weeden easily being the worst.

Even though I doubt Tannehill will be as good as Luck in the future, right now. I would not put Tannehill behind Luck or Wilson. Tannehill has increasingly improved since that week 1.....Luck and Wilson have been up and down.

If you look at what Ryan Tannehill did throwing the ball vs a very good Rams defense and compare it to what Griffin did throwing the ball vs a very good Rams defense, you might be a bit surprised. And then if you look at what Alfred Morris did rushing the ball (a cool 5.6 yards per carry) on St. Louis and compare that to what Reggie Bush did against St. Louis (1.4 yards per carry) and then you consider that Miami has now signed two of Washington's castoffs to play receiver in the past six weeks, well...

... let's just say I'm glad Miami wasn't the team that gave up a king's ransom to draft its QB.

Call it homerism, call it what you like. One of these guys is doing more with less.

Back
Top Bottom