Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Barry Sanders

Votes: 31 47.7%
  • Emmitt Smith

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
23Ronnie23 said:
What i love about Barry Sanders is that he could run back and forth across the field and make every defender look like a fool. Jim Brown would just run over people. Walter Payton was amazing to but what Barry did i have never seen anyone else do. He could fake out the whole and run for a long touchdown any given play.

he could do all that and yet still averaged less then brown in every category. Brown had speed and moves to go with power, dont mistake that.

GoBills24 said:
So being the NFL's all-time leading rusher isn't a good point?

Walter Payton.

Emmitt got it through longevity. If Vinnie Testaverde plays 35 years, he'll probably eclipse Marino's yardage record too.

Alex44 said:
Its Barry Sanders and its not even close. If he didnt retire early he might be up over 20,000 yards

you put him on Emmits cowboys team wwith that line and he gets 25,000

GoBills24 said:
So being the NFL's all-time leading rusher isn't a good point?

Walter Payton.
actually emitt smith is which is the only reason i had to put him up there, unfortunately

Barry Sanders may have been the best to watch but if he was really the best back ever why was he taken out inside the 10? I'd say Jim Brown

Nappy Roots said:
i personally cant see how anyone can say Barry is the greatest ever. specially over Jim Brown.
Barry did what?
He was a great back, but all the argument Barry people ever got is, if he would of played longer...
Look at the #s, if Jim Brown would of played longer he would of been untouchable. He averaged more YPC than barry. He averaged over 100 yards per game, unlike barry, he had more TDs in ALOT less games played...Brown played in a era where they played 12 games and then 14 games...
theres no argument here.
You haven't mentioned the size and speed difference in the defenders Brown and Sanders faced, don't overlook that. NFL defences (sorry showing my Britishness here :) ) in Brown's era where nowhere near the size and speed they were when Sanders was running.
Personally I think Sanders is the best RB of all time, with Brown right behind him. It's like comparing a Ferrari to a Lambourgini, both are brilliant.
On the argument of if they had played longer then the one name that springs straight to mind is Bo Jackson. If he had committed full time to football then I think this dicussion of the greatest RB ever would have be pretty redundant.

Springveldt said:
You haven't mentioned the size and speed difference in the defenders Brown and Sanders faced, don't overlook that. NFL defences (sorry showing my Britishness here :) ) in Brown's era where nowhere near the size and speed they were when Sanders was running.
Personally I think Sanders is the best RB of all time, with Brown right behind him. It's like comparing a Ferrari to a Lambourgini, both are brilliant.
On the argument of if they had played longer then the one name that springs straight to mind is Bo Jackson. If he had committed full time to football then I think this dicussion of the greatest RB ever would have be pretty redundant.

Definitely agree with your Bo Jackson accessment.

Fact is though, everyone in football in Browns era was smaller, which makes it that much more impressive he was so damn big, strong, and fast in that era.

I voted for Barry.........I think that it's individual preference and that can be all timing. When I was growing up, there was absolutely nothing as exciting about the game of football than watching Barry Sanders run.

and

WOW!! 54 votes in and not a single 1 for Emmit Smith???

burger13 said:
I voted for Barry.........I think that it's individual preference and that can be all timing. When I was growing up, there was absolutely nothing as exciting about the game of football than watching Barry Sanders run.
and

WOW!! 54 votes in and not a single 1 for Emmit Smith???

I agree, when he did one of those highlight reel runs....nobody was better.
However in between those types of runs were a huge pile of run for losses. He was the definition of feast or famine type back.

Back
Top Bottom