Best Secondary In The NFL?!?!? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Secondary In The NFL?!?!?

I agree, we have had one of the better secondaries for a couple of years now....

However the problem comes during crunch time. They fail miserably the majority of the time we absolutely need them to at least bring their B game.
:rolleyes:

A lot of our problem's w/ secondary seemed to have been due to Marions inability to provide adequate deep support. As good as our corners are.... they will get beat from time to time due to their physical style of play, so having good fast safties is important. But having Marion back there was like having a 4th Linebacker playing FS. He has NO recovery speed whatsoever and was often out of position. Hopefully Freeman will be an upgrade. At least with speed. Other than that though, I think we have one of the top secondaries in the league as far as taking your receivers out of the game 80% of the time.

Too bad we were one of the worst secondaries in the leagues last year, statistically. We have up 3588 yards passing which was 21st in the league.

That's because we had the 5th best rush defense in the league. So teams had to pass to move the ball on us. Not to mention be played some of the best passing teams in the league....NE twice, Indianapolis, Tennessee.

we also gave up alot of junk passing yards in games that we were winning.. and teams threw like hell in the 4th quarter to try and come back... jets game 1, both bills games, the giants game etc etc.... but i do agree about marion and his deep coverage .. it was off in 2003.. i hope freeman is ready to rock this years .. look at the 4th quarter passing yards against us.. that should say something about why we gave up 3500 yards passing

Originally posted by Gonk
Too bad we were one of the worst secondaries in the leagues last year, statistically. We have up 3588 yards passing which was 21st in the league.

Misleading stat alert!

In all reality,

We had an Opposition QB Rating of 68.8

Thats a damned fine job by the secondary against the pass.

My only issue was all the missed tackles. That is something that needs to be worked on.

Originally posted by F150&Dolfan
Resides in beautiful New England!!!!

I agree, this really isn't even open to debate. Until Miami proves they can do it on the field like NE, then it can be discussed.

Close to the best CB position in the NFL, but not the best secondary. Lets wait for FA to end before deciding that (have to see where Sean Taylor goes, Troy Vincent, Bobby Taylor, etc)

Originally posted by Barbarian
My only issue was all the missed tackles. That is something that needs to be worked on.

Surely you don't speak of the Philadelphia game? :(

NE has a very good secondary. Congrats on bumping the thread. :)

Originally posted by Lukin
That's because we had the 5th best rush defense in the league. So teams had to pass to move the ball on us. Not to mention be played some of the best passing teams in the league....NE twice, Indianapolis, Tennessee.

NE twice!?

I am going to hold you to that! :D

Back
Top Bottom