Best shutdown Corner in the league? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best shutdown Corner in the league?

RunningBackGuru

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Covering WR's is an art in football and the Cornerback is surely the most under-rated and least talked about position in the game. It takes a tremendous amount of skill to run with guys like Chad Johnson, Terrell Owens and Steve Smith ect..

Deion Sanders is probably the greatest Corner to ever play the game. But now in 2006, its a pretty big debate on who the best shutdown Corner in the league is. Ronde Barber, Ty Law, Champ Bailey and DeAngelo Hall are some of the more talked about guys in the game, but I want to know everyones oppinion about who the top Corners in the league are?

With the rules all seemingly to benefit the offense I don't know if there is a shutdown corner. The best CB in the league IMO is Champ Bailey.

Champ has the most tools of any corner. By far. But I've seen him get beat or guys out playing him.

For my money, Chris McAllister, when healthy, is as much a shut down corner as any. I'd put DeAngelo Hall, Rashean Mathis and Ty Law in that company too.

Rashean Mathis. Probably the best cornerback in the league, but very underrated as he doesn't get mentioned much. He is very physical, and has shut down some of the best WR's, like Chad Johnson.

Today he will shut down Hines Ward. You will see.

i havent been able to watch him this year, so i dunno. but id go with Ty Law personally

Vertical Limit said:
Rashean Mathis. Probably the best cornerback in the league, but very underrated as he doesn't get mentioned much. He is very physical, and has shut down some of the best WR's, like Chad Johnson.

Today he will shut down Hines Ward. You will see.
He had quite a bit of trouble staying with TO last week.

Back
Top Bottom