best trade partner....new york jets. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

best trade partner....new york jets.

MustangFinFan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
The jets have one of top picks in the draft....they also have the #29, and then the 5th pick in the 2nd round, and the 3rd pick in the 3rd round.....those 3 picks combined, equal our #16th pick???? if so, thats the perfect match. id love to pickup Donte Whitner with the #29, Nick Mangold with the #33, and Max Jean Gilles with the #3rd pick in the 3rd round.

considering they are available

MustangFinFan said:
The jets have one of top picks in the draft....they also have the #29, and then the 5th pick in the 2nd round, and the 3rd pick in the 3rd round.....those 3 picks combined, equal our #16th pick???? if so, thats the perfect match. id love to pickup Donte Whitner with the #29, Nick Mangold with the #33, and Max Jean Gilles with the #3rd pick in the 3rd round.

considering they are available

whitner would be there at 29, but gilles is a 2nd round pick, and mangold probably goes in the first before whitner

I honestly think the Jets are no longer an option for us. The Jets are in love with Bush and will find a way to move up to get him IMHO. They will be using most of their chips to get him and won't have anything of any value to give back to us in a trade. Of course the trade may not happen and they will still have their picks and could be a viable option.
Of course this could all be the wild ramblings of a man who just woke up and is really really pumped for the draft.

with williams signing with houston. bush will probably fall to #4. the titans are a option to take bush but it it likely he will fall to the jets. the jets are no longer a traed option because it is 2 dangerous to give them reggie bush and jay cutler. that would be a scary combo.

alopez34 said:
with williams signing with houston. bush will probably fall to #4. the titans are a option to take bush but it it likely he will fall to the jets. the jets are no longer a traed option because it is 2 dangerous to give them reggie bush and jay cutler. that would be a scary combo.

I think Bush has too much value to fall to 4. The Saints screwed up and picked the wrong quarterback and could screw this up too.:lol:. But I just can't see them letting Bush fall in this draft. I think they will trade down to get more picks with either the Jets, SF or the Raiders. They already have Duece and he isn't going anywhere.

alopez34 said:

a runningback and QB are only as good as their O-line. the jets O-line wasnt the best, Bush will be an immediate starter......but he played for USC, no wonder why he was so good. Cutler wont start for another 2-3 years. in the meantime, we get our own set of beasts to take on the Cutler/Bush combo

with the williams agreement, he seems to me that the saints are in very good position to deal their 2eme overall pick to the jets or another team that will give them the better pick package, so all is possible now.

I think we pick at 16, I couldn't begin to guess who will be there at 16, but it's going to be a very long draft for the fin fans. Watching every team in our division add players we wish we could have drafted this year, it flat out sucks.

alopez34 said:

If we do make that trade it would be good for us but better for the Jets because of the senerio above... :confused:

feelthepain said:
I think we pick at 16, I couldn't begin to guess who will be there at 16, but it's going to be a very long draft for the fin fans. Watching every team in our division add players we wish we could have drafted this year, it flat out sucks.

i think Saban messed up...trading away our 2nd for Culpepper, and our 6th for Lemon. i woulda just cut AJ and drafted a QB with the 6th round pick. keeping the 2nd rounder woulda let us have a better draft...now we pick at #16, and we dont pick again until the 3rd round. Saban being a "get young" guy....i dont see him waiting around, i see him making every possible way to trade that #16 pick to get another 1st, a 2nd and possibly another 3rd.

like2god said:
I honestly think the Jets are no longer an option for us. The Jets are in love with Bush and will find a way to move up to get him IMHO. They will be using most of their chips to get him and won't have anything of any value to give back to us in a trade. Of course the trade may not happen and they will still have their picks and could be a viable option.
Of course this could all be the wild ramblings of a man who just woke up and is really really pumped for the draft.

I agree
I think the Jets are gonna sell the farm to New Orleans for that 2nd pick overall now.

can u imagine if the jets found a way to sell it all to NO, and get their #2 overall pick also.....they get D'Brickshaw Ferguson with that pick, Matt Leinart with their own pick.....then Lendale White with the #29....thats an explosive offense in 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom