best trade partner....new york jets. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

best trade partner....new york jets.

MustangFinFan said:
The jets have one of top picks in the draft....they also have the #29, and then the 5th pick in the 2nd round, and the 3rd pick in the 3rd round.....those 3 picks combined, equal our #16th pick???? if so, thats the perfect match. id love to pickup Donte Whitner with the #29, Nick Mangold with the #33, and Max Jean Gilles with the #3rd pick in the 3rd round.

considering they are available

Do the Jets have the cap space to be able to sign a 4th and 16th pick ? That's a lot of dough there....

MustangFinFan said:
i think Saban messed up...trading away our 2nd for Culpepper, and our 6th for Lemon. i woulda just cut AJ and drafted a QB with the 6th round pick. keeping the 2nd rounder woulda let us have a better draft...now we pick at #16, and we dont pick again until the 3rd round. Saban being a "get young" guy....i dont see him waiting around, i see him making every possible way to trade that #16 pick to get another 1st, a 2nd and possibly another 3rd.

Are you serious?? He made a mistake getting Daunte for a 2nd rounder and then you said you would have drafted a QB?? WHY?? You end up with a project for a QB that might be a bust, meanwhile we have a pro bowl QB on our squad. I think it's more important to get players that have proven their quality in the NFL before players that haven't played a professional down yet - and with Nick Saban's moves the past couple years, I think he might agree. I love the draft like everyone else and am excited, but I think his moves have been pretty damn good so far!

JayCee said:
Are you serious?? He made a mistake getting Daunte for a 2nd rounder and then you said you would have drafted a QB?? WHY?? You end up with a project for a QB that might be a bust, meanwhile we have a pro bowl QB on our squad. I think it's more important to get players that have proven their quality in the NFL before players that haven't played a professional down yet - and with Nick Saban's moves the past couple years, I think he might agree. I love the draft like everyone else and am excited, but I think his moves have been pretty damn good so far!

Amen brother, keep preachin' it ! :hail:

MustangFinFan said:
i think Saban messed up...trading away our 2nd for Culpepper, and our 6th for Lemon. i woulda just cut AJ and drafted a QB with the 6th round pick. keeping the 2nd rounder woulda let us have a better draft...now we pick at #16, and we dont pick again until the 3rd round. Saban being a "get young" guy....i dont see him waiting around, i see him making every possible way to trade that #16 pick to get another 1st, a 2nd and possibly another 3rd.
There are going to be a lot of really bad posts today, but i'll almost guarantee that this one will finish in the top 3 OR 4. Let me get this straight. Instead of trading a second round pick for a probowl QB, Saban should have kept the pick and used his sixth rounder (that he would still have if he didnt get rid of Feelme) on a QB. So you would rather have a 6th rounder at QB than Culpepper. And who exactly would be backing up this high profile 6th rounder? Not Feeley ,cause who said we should have just cut him. Not Lemon cause you are complaining about trading for him. Who?

feelthepain said:
I think we pick at 16, I couldn't begin to guess who will be there at 16, but it's going to be a very long draft for the fin fans. Watching every team in our division add players we wish we could have drafted this year, it flat out sucks.

It is better than the last few years...where we have no first round pick. Getting to pick second overall last year was a rare event.

MustangFinFan said:

I think both moves were excellent...even if they don't work out. You see, there is this salary cap thingy that Wanny and company seemed to ignore while they were here. We couldn't have "just cut" AJ, Saban unloaded the salary without paying the remainer of the pro-rated signing bonus. And to get a probowl QB for a middle second??? We should make that trade every year.

MustangFinFan said:
can u imagine if the jets found a way to sell it all to NO, and get their #2 overall pick also.....they get D'Brickshaw Ferguson with that pick, Matt Leinart with their own pick.....then Lendale White with the #29....thats an explosive offense in 2 years.
I must be missing something. How are the Jets going to "sell it all" to get the #2 pick, but yet still have the #4 pick for Leinart, and the # 29 pick for White? The Saints would be even more of a joke if they agreed to something like that.:sidelol:

Its going to probably cost the Jets the 4th, 29th, and there 3rd rounder for the Saints 2nd pick. I dont think they are going to waste that many picks for Bush.

JayCee said:

Thank you. you beat me to it.

MustangFinFan said:

I think if AJ had been released we would have had dead cap space.

im saying we shoulda used a 1st on Cutler, and kept our 2nd. OR at least got Brees instead...

i mean rumors say that Culpepper may not even start!!!

MustangFinFan said:

Couldn't do that with AJ because it would have caused a huge salary cap hit.

Don't care how it all comes down, JESTS will suck as always. Phins will rock!
Can't wait, draft in 20 minutes!

In Saban We Trust!

I can't believe how people react to the draft, when you can get a proven pro bowl qb for a second rounder with a cap friendly contract and anyone says Saban made a mistake it's idiocy.

Back
Top Bottom