Best 'Value' position at #29? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best 'Value' position at #29?

RB, WR, or LB...

#29 is a great spot if there is one RB that you covet. If you have several ranked equally, you wait til round 2.

WR at 29 means you are not getting the premier WR, but you are likely getting one almost as good. The pool is VERY deep most years.

LBs fall sometimes, especially inside guys; you can get a steal here.

O-linemen usually need a couple of years, even the stellar prospects. Drafting one here means you don't need him right away. We do.

Could be that stuf Center if he falls.

RB could be good value but we have so many other holes on the oline i doubt its the pick.

Most of the really good WRs will prob be gone but maybe not.

Defenders around 29 are usually very risky and often bust.

Its gotta be an offensive guy you would think.

I wouldnt expect RB at 29... This offense really looks for a specific skillset that doesnt require such a big investment... OL is usually great value at that spot, but the fact Fins pretty much roster all rookie contracts already on that unit(32nd in actual cap allocation) lessens the actual value of adding another one, nevermind the fact you'd rather make safer bets(FA) there given its a really weak unit to begin with...

So that leaves them with WR, EDGE and CB as optimal +EV picks... You can start to add MLB and OL in the equation in the 2nd round, then start to implement a somewhat BPA driven approach moving foward...

Not sure on value. Not a draft guru. I would say If Dean or Linderbaum are there that's great value.

For me a perfect draft would be either

Linderbaum and K. WALKER
OR
ZION and Spiller.

But Miami is in great position. In 12 days we could be in BPA territory.

Scenario

Miami FA
Ben Jones
Laken Tomlinson
Moses Malone or Armstead
Adams, Godwin or Williams whichever hits FA
DEVONDRE Campbell

If Miami resigns Ogbah and Gesicki then Malone and JUJU Schuster could be had for value over Armstead and top WRS.

Miami could have a FA like that.

Sitting at 29 now....who does Miami take?

Miami now has the ability to choose a RB most likely, go BPA or trade down and get picks next year.

Miami is in a great position. They could enter this draft with the only need position being RB

If Miami is serious about fixing the line once and for all, they need to use FA, with established.Linemen, and actually use the salary cap.

Stop going bargain basement in FA, with guys past their prime, just because he was once a known name on the O-line, does not make him a good linemen this time around.

Tackle at the very least needs to be fixed in FA, after that even if Miami decides to get an interior player (Like Center) early in the draft, then go crazy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom