best young players in the game thread... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

best young players in the game thread...

hoops

Tua time!
Reaction score
we're a little less than a month away from training camp...as such miami dolphins info is gonna be scarce in the next few weeks...thought we'd start a thread to discuss/debate the best young players in the game and the guys who will carry the league into the future to pass the time til camp...let's keep it to guys who have completed a max 3 years as pros...hopefully the mods will allow this to stay on the main board given this down time...

fire away...

I'm not counting any rookies since they haven't played a down yet but being a fan of the U...gotta go with Jimmy Graham at TE as well as Rob Gronkowski. You gotta think, off of what we saw last year, that Cam Newton would be a guy that will help carry the league. Aldon Smith and Von Miller look to be two studs on defense. A.J. Green I think it going to be a stud at WR for years to come.

I'm not counting any rookies since they haven't played a down yet but being a fan of the U...gotta go with Jimmy Graham at TE as well as Rob Gronkowski. You gotta think, off of what we saw last year, that Cam Newton would be a guy that will help carry the league. Aldon Smith and Von Miller look to be two studs on defense. A.J. Green I think it going to be a stud at WR for years to come.

ha ha...good lord truth...one name per post...you just rattled off a bunch...no discussion of why you think they are the best young players in the game though...

start with jimmy graham...tell me why you think he's one of the best???

and yes no rookies...they haven't played a down in the league

The 2011 NFL Draft was nasty. Take away Locker and Gabbert (either or both could develop into legitimate QB's), and every one of the top-10 picks either justified or outplayed his draft spot. Newton, Miller, Dareus, Green, Peterson, Jones, Smith, T. Smith - and the 11th pick was J. J. Watt. That's the best top 10 I can remember.

Wait a second why no rookies? Popular consensus around these parts are as soon as we draft them the void is gone.

jj watt is rediculous...that is the prototype 34 de in the nfl...have to give slimm props on that one...kids a monster...he's outplayed where he was drafted...terrific pro

cam newtons ability to throw with accuracy and paste off an uneven platform is SPECIAL...he throws ropes with guys all over him and off his back foot...not to mention all the other rediculous things he does...terrific vertical accuracy and ball placement...

he has the ability to redefine the position as a duel threat qb...i can't wait to see him in year 2

ha ha...good lord truth...one name per post...you just rattled off a bunch...no discussion of why you think they are the best young players in the game though...

start with jimmy graham...tell me why you think he's one of the best???

and yes no rookies...they haven't played a down in the league
lol you didn't say just one.

As for Jimmy, his size/speed combination is outstanding. 6'6" 265 lbs and runs 4.56 in the 40...that's a freak. Not to mention he's still learning the game after only playing one season at Miami before being drafted. I think he's got so much more room to grow and get better that it's scary...especially after coming off a 99 reception season and if not for Gronkowski he might have set a few TE records. Remarkable for a guy who hadn't played football since he was a freshman in highschool. I think Jimmy is arguably the most athletically gifted TE in the league and as he continues to learn the game he'll get even better. Saints have done a nice job to ease him in buy using him as a backup his first year and then elevating him to starter the second year.

Who was the guy on here that told Parcells to draft Jimmy Graham in the pisser at the senior bowl and the lard ass ridiculed him? Should have pissed on that fat ****!

Last edited by a moderator:
rob gronkowski already is the best all around te in the game...physically imposes his will on guys...terrific soft hands...great in line...catches everything...special...that kids gonna be a thorn in our sides for a decade...

with the way they let these giant te's now just move guys out of position and any high hit from a safety down the seam is a 15 yard penalty good luck stopping that freight train

next step in the growth of jimmy graham is hand usage...more hand usage to create separation...learning to use his body to fend off defenders and position himself for the ball...that spread o and drew brees mastery of the offense makes him a almost impossible cover...

i'd still take gronk over him though if given the choice of the two

yeah him too? Was that you?
Wasn't me but I remember reading it here. I think it's funny that one of the beat writers said Parcells called the Saints to congratulate them on taking Jimmy Graham and that he was going to draft him in the 4th...of course that's vintage Parcells, that story only came out last year when Jimmy Graham was blowing up and of course the story about him recommending Rex Ryan to the Jets only came out after Rex was going to his second AFC Championship game. Parcells looking to take credit when it's not deserved.

next step in the growth of jimmy graham is hand usage...more hand usage to create separation...learning to use his body to fend off defenders and position himself for the ball...that spread o and drew brees mastery of the offense makes him a almost impossible cover...

i'd still take gronk over him though if given the choice of the two
I think in this WCO we're going to run Jimmy might be the better fit. Just given his speed and his ability to separate. You're right on his hand usage though, he more "boxes out" like the BBall player that he is to shield defenders from the ball when he's in tight coverage...effective though.

Back
Top Bottom