best young players in the game thread... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

best young players in the game thread...

jimmy graham was awfully raw when he came out...awfully raw...thats the kind of high pick that a team like the saints with an established qb and established roster period could afford to take a chance on that high...miami was not in the same boat...that said next time i see a guy that size who runs that fast and is a high level athlete come down the pipe as a prospect i'm gonna upgrade as a prospect based on potential...only thing about potential without production which graham didn't have much of in college is that stuff gets you fired

no doubt graham would fit this o...no doubt...much better o for him than the one we ran under henning especially...i bet though that had graham come here we would have been trying to make him into something he's not...and not getting the same bang for our buck the saints have got cause he doesn't offer enougn in line from the jump

How about JPP? The guy was looking great at the end of last year. 16.5 sacks in his second year.

Is Jimmy Graham a product of Drew Brees? Like in the sense Dallas Clark was a product of Peyton Manning?

The best young player in the NFL, imo, is that QB who went high in this years draft. And no it's not Andrew Luck. It's Robert Griffin IIi. This guy has the best deep ball I have ever seen. Oh and not to forget he is a track star so he is always a threat to tuck the ball and run with it. Good luck trying to catch him. Best part is, he is a pass first quarterback. He will be a star in this league for the next decade and beyond. He will revolutionize the way we think of quarterbacks in the future. Book it.

Is Jimmy Graham a product of Drew Brees? Like in the sense Dallas Clark was a product of Peyton Manning?

No. (This is the "Welker" argument.) He would still have the talent, like other B-Ball players such Gonzalez and Gates in the way he uses his body and his soft hands, but his production may drop off on another team. That doesn't mean he didn't have the talent, just that it might have been under-utilized with another team.

jimmy graham was awfully raw when he came out...awfully raw...thats the kind of high pick that a team like the saints with an established qb and established roster period could afford to take a chance on that high...miami was not in the same boat...that said next time i see a guy that size who runs that fast and is a high level athlete come down the pipe as a prospect i'm gonna upgrade as a prospect based on potential...only thing about potential without production which graham didn't have much of in college is that stuff gets you fired

no doubt graham would fit this o...no doubt...much better o for him than the one we ran under henning especially...i bet though that had graham come here we would have been trying to make him into something he's not...and not getting the same bang for our buck the saints have got cause he doesn't offer enougn in line from the jump
Completely agree with that. Sparano would have tried to make him an inline blocker and probably wouldn't have played him much.

He'd have to block (any te) on our morano teams because we didnt have a RT. These TEs you're talking about have FREAK athletic ability. Dallas Clark does not. Maybe he got old real fast, maybe he was a role player that manning destroyed people with because he's manning, I'm not sure. Fact is though dallas clark is just a slow WR, not a TE. He can't block and thats all the colts could do with their TEs last year. They were horrible. Who knows what other TEs would have struggled there.

I think the old, typical blocking TE who catches passes second is dying out. Witten might be the last of it''s kind and that dude is still really a passing threat first. Gronk could prob do it old school style but why would you when he's so nasty matched up against undersized LBers...he's a freak.

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

As for my young guys, Brown and Wallace, WRs for the steelers. If they can fix their olin, which it looks like they are paying attention to this offseason, they are gonna be something nasty with all that speed at WR. They aren't just speed guys either but football players. it makes you wonder who was asleep at the wheel for our team when they got drafted.

i don't believe dallas clark was a product of peyton manning...did manning help him like any elite qb helps guys...sure he did...but dallas clark was pretty damn nifty at beating man coverage and understanding when to sit down and what peyton was thinking...

i don't agree with the rg3 talk either on here...of course i wasn't counting rookies in this discussion but cam newton he is not...

I have serious doubts about RGIII as well. In fact I'm glad we didnt spend anything like the skins did and I'm also glad we weren't in the position to draft him. Just watching his college career, dude had a track team at WR which makes your deep ball look good. Just throw it up and your super fast WRs blow past people. I also didn't like his pocket awareness. He gets the happy feet and holds on to the ball too long. His speed is nice but he isn't a good football runner IMO.

that dude CK has a pretty good presepctive on RG3III too.

rg3 has too much bail the pocket laterally in him and took way too much damn contact in college...if he takes hits in the pros like he took in college he will eat his meals through a straw...that said he has terrific deep ball accuracy and ball placement and throws a beautiful ball...he better learn to slide though...or his career will be a short one

as for mike wallace i don't think i've seen anyone in pro football that he can't just run right by...doesn't matter if the cbs bailing from the snap or the safetys playing back in no mans land the guy just destroys cushions and floats by people...rediculous

Think Julio Jones will breakout big time this year. Coming off a good rookie season and with another off-season under his belt, if he can remain fit then he could put up crazy numbers.

Im going for Vontae Davis to have a good year...................

N Suh makes line play fun to watch.
Dez bryant just needs to stay healthy

next step in the growth of jimmy graham is hand usage...more hand usage to create separation...learning to use his body to fend off defenders and position himself for the ball...that spread o and drew brees mastery of the offense makes him a almost impossible cover...

i'd still take gronk over him though if given the choice of the two

Of course you would. :rolleyes2:

Matt Stafford is the best young QB in the league (followed by Cam). Stafford had a surprisingly under appreciated season last year (5,038 yards passing, 41 TDs, 97.2 QB Rating). And I know people will say he's only good cause of Megatron. Well, Megatron has been great before Stafford but the Lions didn't make the playoffs until Stafford was healthy for a full season. Plus, he had those stats with NO running game (leading rusher had 390 yards)

Back
Top Bottom