Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Worse

Votes: 36 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dolph N.Fan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Dolphins are 29th in total offense and 29th in total defense. Have been outgained by nearly 1200 yards and have a -56 scoring differential.

Honestly, because of the early predictions and with the injuries I'm happy with the record right now...would I be happier if it was better hell yea, but it could also be worse...so I dont really have an answer

Honestly, because of the early predictions and with the injuries I'm happy with the record right now...would I be happier if it was better hell yea, but it could also be worse...so I dont really have an answer
The only stat Miami has going for them in a positive direction are the takeaways. They have 25 on the season, good for 3rd best in the league. I wonder how many of those Takeaways resulted in 0 pts for Miami though...

We should be 7-4 and have had more injuries than any team in the history of the NFL. Feels that way. Iv also noticed that we have not played one back up QB all yr tho half the teams we've played have had a back up in there at one point or another.

The only stat Miami has going for them in a positive direction are the takeaways. They have 25 on the season, good for 3rd best in the league. I wonder how many of those Takeaways resulted in 0 pts for Miami though...

TO differential is a big indicator of success. As much as I love the era of shut down Ds, the rule changes and cost of DEs and CBs have made them tough to build. I think we can upgrade the DC, but to his credit that has improved dramatically. However, I dont know how much the improvement is scheme driven. The new DB coaches were brought in with an emphasis on getting picks...they seem to be making it happen. And Howard is balling...

I'll just post the same thing as last week, that the Dolphins feast on teams that can't score. We are extremely fortunate that the 2018 schedule is abnormally loaded with those teams.

Here is a link (below) that estimates offensive points per game. It subtracts defensive points and special teams estimated points. BTW, the Dolphins are tied for the league lead with New England this season, with special teams estimated to add 1.2 points per game.

The Dolphins are estimated at 18.6 offensive points per game. That is miserable. Median in the league is Cleveland at 22.5.

But Miami benefits from 7 games against opponents who are even more impotent than we are. So far the Dolphins are 5-0 in those games, with remaining ones against Jacksonville and Buffalo. The only stationary offense we don't get a chance to face is Arizona:

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/offensive-points-per-game

I chose better, but I really do not like the question. The team has a plus 8 turnover margin and one of the best special teams in the league. They should a better record. Given these strengths the team is underperforming, so they cannot be worse than their record.

Back
Top Bottom