Bettis RETIRES!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bettis RETIRES!!

MikeO said:
He will get in the HOF, but he isn't a HOF back in my opinion.

Was never one of the best backs in the league at any time in his career. But he played so many years he just complied numbers so he will get in.
He's 5th all time in rushing, how the hell is he not a HOF player :rolleyes2:rolleyes2

Uncle Rico II said:
If Warren Moon can make it his first time, anyone has a shot, just my opinion. I think JB will make it his first or second time.

If Troy Aikman can make it on the first ballot then anyone can. Moon put up great #s & was, IMO, deserving.

SMadison29 said:
If Troy Aikman can make it on the first ballot then anyone can. Moon put up great #s & was, IMO, deserving.

My fin friend, I liked Warren Moon alot, I just think the HOF is the best OF the best and Moon wasn't as deserving as some others on the ballot (cough, bob K, cough).

SMadison29 said:

Aikman won 3 SB's that gets you in. No brainer!

Moon had the numbers. Not his fault his team choked all the time. Christ, he gave them a 35-3 halftime lead once at halftime and they still blew it! What more did he have to do!!!!

We all knew this was coming. Props to Bettis for his ring...

Uncle Rico II said:
My fin friend, I liked Warren Moon alot, I just think the HOF is the best OF the best and Moon wasn't as deserving as some others on the ballot (cough, bob K, cough).

Moon had the #s to get in. 4th in attempts, completions, & yardage & 5th in TDs. Plus he played a few years in the USFL. 9 time probowler, though he wasn't deserving in 4 of em.

SMadison29 said:
Moon had the #s to get in. 4th in attempts, completions, & yardage & 5th in TDs. Plus he played a few years in the USFL. 9 time probowler, though he wasn't deserving in 4 of em.

Moon's numbers would be even higher if he had been given a shot in the NFL like he should have gotten out of college. The NFL still wasn't giving black Qbs a fair chance back then and Moon never should have had to go to the CFL to play. Moon was a nobrainer, he was one of the best qbs in the league for a decade. Hes a better Qb than Bettis was a Rb. Bettis is a borderline candidate to me. He had a lot ALOT of mediocre under 4ypc years. He was fortunate that he was able to stay relatively healthy. Rbs dont get to play for 12 years or more very often. Most of the guys in the top 20 Rbs are better than Bettis and he is #5. He isnt the 5th best Rb off all time thats for sure.

MikeO said:
He will get in the HOF, but he isn't a HOF back in my opinion.

Was never one of the best backs in the league at any time in his career. But he played so many years he just complied numbers so he will get in.
Wrong wrong again. He is 5th all-time leading rusher. Plus was very close to winning the rushing title on a couple of occasions if he didnt. He is going to be and should be a hall of famer and I cant stand the guy but the truth is the truth

consistancy = Hall of Fame. If you look in the dictonary under consistancy you will see a picture of Bettis. He worked hard to get where he is. Props to the Bus on a monster career!

im glad he won a championship.i wis marino would have though

Back
Top Bottom