Big Ben down for the count? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Big Ben down for the count?

PressCoverage said:
well, what more were they supposed to do on the field?... Terrell Davis' knee injury didn't look bad either, and he walked off... i like Ben, and i hope he's ok, but it sure looked ugly the way it bent....
huh? it didn't even bend that badly. could've been a lot worse. it's being overblown obviously....and the guy that compraed it to mcgahee's knee injury :lol:

Jimmy James said:
And this topic is different HOW?

I'm allowed to have lay medical opinions just like I'm allowed to have lay coaching opinions. That's my point.

yea, i was agreeing with u! :lol:

clear.gif

this is roethlisberger's knee bent at it's worst. it's bad, but it can't be anymore than just a slight hyperextension

I wouldnt say Im a "doctor" yet, but I am in Med School at PennMed, and Im doing Ortho Surgery.

Its a torn ACL, MCL, and Medial Meniscus.

Perfect angle, perfect amount of force.

Hes gone for the year. If hes lucky, his MCL didnt go along with it, but the ACL is gone and the Medial Meniscus goes with it.

Its called the "Unholy Triad" in the Ortho World, when one goes, the usually all follow.

MiaFLSurf said:
I wouldnt say Im a "doctor" yet, but I am in Med School at PennMed, and Im doing Ortho Surgery.

Hes gone for the year. If hes lucky, his MCL didnt go along with it, but the ACL is gone and the Medial Meniscus goes with it.

Its called the "Unholy Triad" in the Ortho World, when one goes, the usually all follow.

they just said on ESPN that they "think" all the tendons are attached....doesnt mean nothing though.

Well hopefully that is the case.

And if it is, Big Ben is really freaking lucky. I mean, look at the way Deuce went down Sunday, wasnt nearly half as bad and his ACL is gone.

You cant tell much until the swelling goes down anyways. They will get the MRI done tomorrow, surgery in a week or so if needed.

Im a big fan of Ben, I hope hes alright. Ive always been afraid of him getting hurt though the way he just runs with his head down into LBs like hes Bettis. Makes him an easy target to get stood up and get his knees cracked from underneath.

It really did look bad, especially by his initial reaction... but I don't think it's a torn ACL and I don't think he's done for the season.

MiaFLSurf said:

I hope you study harder. The guy probably will miss one game.

arydolphin said:
They can't do much diagnosis-wise on the bench, they'll probably do more of an exam in the locker room, and he'll have an MRI when they get back to Pittsburgh of course. Looked like a hyperextended knee, probably not MCL because he didn't get hit from the side, but we'll see what happens. McGahee's injury was gruesome, this wasn't bad at all compared to that.

Damn good call dude!
:)

dolfan_101 said:
Naw, it looked like he just hyper extended it, Mcgahee looked like a flamingo.

"After the game, ESPN's Andrea Kremer reported that the Steelers believe he sustained a significant hyper-extension"

I was pretty dead on!:tongue:

Back
Top Bottom