Big Ben | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Big Ben

We would have to trade up to get Roethlisberger, but if you would prefer Rivers than Ben, you are out of your mind.

Originally posted by outtawack311
Weak MAC? Did you watch the MAC this year? That conference was anything but weak. Oh, you do know that Pennington and Leftwich came from "the weak MAC". You can say that he wont be a star because he plays weak opponents now. He does kill them by an average 25 ppg. That is an amazing stat.

not only that but Randy Moss came fron=m that "weak" conference! and he aint that bad.

Originally posted by Blueprint_21

BR hasn't displayed anything great against any Great D. either has Eli Manning for that matter. PR has...

Whoa man. Manning played well in 11 of 12 games this year. The only game in which he struggled came against Nick Saban's LSU Tigers.....who just happen to be playing for the national title. They barely lost that game 17-14. And even then Manning led them back in the 4th with a TD and then again only to have his kicker miss a relatively short FG.

He played well against a very hot Auburn team and beat Florida at Gainesville.

Manning is clutch and makes plays when the game is on the line.

But I agree that if it weren't for his awkward delivery, nobody would be knocking Philip Rivers. EVERYONE would be salivating over the guy. He's got it all.

I live in NC and have watched every NC state game this year. Although I am a State fan I will tell ya Rivers will not fit quickly into the NFL. He is still WAY to confident that he can put the ball in places where he can't. He still misjudges the speed of the game. He tries to rely on his arm strenght to put the ball between people that would be easy picks at the next level.
Also Rivers is not very coachable. There are alot of stories floating around about arguing openly with coaches. He has a lot of self confidence, but if ya think Jay throws a lot of picks you would HATE Phillip.
Rivers will be a NFL QB, but not in the next two years. IMO

Back
Top Bottom