BIG Changes Needed | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BIG Changes Needed

Should we consider trading Tyreek for quite a few draft picks? It may help alleviate our salary cap situation. I realize the Dolphins don’t value the draft like other teams but it may help us retain some of our other free agents.
Would rather draft bigger #3 wr. Imo

McDaniel gets a A plus for completing his 2 top responsibilities with the Dolphins. 1. Restoring Tuas confidence in year 1 and second keeping Tua healthy this year for a complete season for the first time since his Tuas sophomore college career. McD does not get enough credit. So we now know Tua and can he be the QB in NFL and get the phins to a SB. Maybe but not on his own at least at this point.
Can McDaniel make adjustments and involve more players in the passing game. He improved the RG this year but that's not enough.
The DC is a mystery and most likely a negative being another new defensive coach in 3 years.
Free Agency will not be kind to us this year either retaining our free agents or signing their replacements there is not enough money.
Special teams could improve dramatically if Crossman is let go but it's a disaster 2 years running. If McD does not go in another direction I will question his head coach ability.
NFL draft while Grier imo gets decent value in the higher rounds he misses and gives away draft picks like peanuts for high priced free agents leaving the future of this franchise in cap hell.

Don't really see the QB as the biggest problem and think that Tua could be very adequate at least.

See more top administration difficulties. The Builders and the Head Coaching.

I feel with proper up grade in this area we will develop again into a truly consistent a competitive team again. I still remember what that was like...
IMO a very strong and familiar OL that can develop continuity (instead of the plug and play of the last many years ) is where I'd start as far as players.
I disagree. Tua needs everything to happen right to be successful. He can't improvise when plays break down, he panics

Our front office need be clean out also. Our GM should be on hot seat also. Resigning Tua is big decision. Afc is tough conference. Is Tus good enough to take u,s too next level?

McDaniel gets a A plus for completing his 2 top responsibilities with the Dolphins. 1. Restoring Tuas confidence in year 1 and second keeping Tua healthy this year for a complete season for the first time since his Tuas sophomore college career. McD does not get enough credit. So we now know Tua and can he be the QB in NFL and get the phins to a SB. Maybe but not on his own at least at this point.
Can McDaniel make adjustments and involve more players in the passing game. He improved the RG this year but that's not enough.
The DC is a mystery and most likely a negative being another new defensive coach in 3 years.
Free Agency will not be kind to us this year either retaining our free agents or signing their replacements there is not enough money.
Special teams could improve dramatically if Crossman is let go but it's a disaster 2 years running. If McD does not go in another direction I will question his head coach ability.
NFL draft while Grier imo gets decent value in the higher rounds he misses and gives away draft picks like peanuts for high priced free agents leaving the future of this franchise in cap hell.
If McD is smart he’ll use “free agency will not be kind” as a way of scaling down this offense to a more controlled offense where we utilize more weapons and eat the clock
I said numerous times that McD has done great being a QBs coach in regards to Tua but a play caller his NOT

I'm not scaling down the offense.....but I am adding other dimensions to it.

I love that we attack down the field on a regular basis. I hate that we attack down the field on a regular basis when the short and intermediate passing game is almost always available to us and we don't use it enough. There needs to be greater balance between the big plays and moving the sticks.

An effective passing game to backs out of the backfield and a TE that can be a threat to the middle of the field can pay immediate dividends. Bring in a big bodied #3 receiver, and you have all the elements in the skill positions.

Now, lets focus on that O-line and pass pro.......

Back
Top Bottom