Big East Bowl Update | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Big East Bowl Update

MikeO said:
It is being reported in some outlets that...................

If Rutgers wins Saturday they go to the ORANGE BOWL. If they lose they end up in the TEXAS BOWL playing Oklahoma St.

West Virigina is going to the SUN BOWL to play Oregon St

< Repeatedly slams head into keyboard in disgusted frustration >

Lord, please grant us some semblance of a defense next season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2664644&campaign=rss&source=NCAAHeadlines

Most college football fans were not even aware the Birmingham Bowl existed. Now the name will not get a chance to sink in. The game on Thursday was renamed the Papajohns.com Bowl after the web site of Papa John's Pizza entered into a multi-year agreement to become the title sponsor of the inaugural postseason contest.

Staged on December 23 at Birmingham's Legion Field, the Papajohns.com Bowl is one of 32 bowl games on the docket after this season. It will be contested between one team from the Big East Conference and one from Conference USA.

Stitches said:
ND doesn't deserve a BCS game at all.

Probably true, but every projection I've seen has ND in the Sugar or the Rose. I wouldnt mind a 2nd level bowl like the Cotton Bowl or Capital One but I'm not going to apologize for the voters and computers decision. I doubt the Rose Bowl for obvious reasons. Though the history involved could be a real selling point.

Here is what Rutgers has riding on this WV game.

A Rutgers win and they go to Orange or Rose Bowl. YES, the ROSE BOWL is liking Rutgers vs Michigan more than LSU vs Michigan because of the NY TV market and the TV ratings. Especially with ABC having ONLY 1 BCS bowl this year (ROSE) and everything else on FOX.

If Rutgers wins it will be raining $100 bills in NJ this weekend.

NOW.........if WV beats Rutgers. Then Rutgers goes to the Texas Bowl, on dec 28th at 8pm vs Texas Tech or Oklahoma St. And the game is on the NFL NETWORK........and nobody will be watching that game cause most people dont even get NFL NETWORK!!!!!!

Rutgers is going to be in the OUTHOUSE or the PENTHOUSE. A lot riding on this 1 game.

NFL Network showing bowl games? WTF, my stupid cable company doesnt offer it and I'm suffering :tantrum: :fire:

MikeO said:
Here is what Rutgers has riding on this WV game.

A Rutgers win and they go to Orange or Rose Bowl. YES, the ROSE BOWL is liking Rutgers vs Michigan more than LSU vs Michigan because of the NY TV market and the TV ratings. Especially with ABC having ONLY 1 BCS bowl this year (ROSE) and everything else on FOX.

If Rutgers wins it will be raining $100 bills in NJ this weekend.

NOW.........if WV beats Rutgers. Then Rutgers goes to the Texas Bowl, on dec 28th at 8pm vs Texas Tech or Oklahoma St. And the game is on the NFL NETWORK........and nobody will be watching that game cause most people dont even get NFL NETWORK!!!!!!

Rutgers is going to be in the OUTHOUSE or the PENTHOUSE. A lot riding on this 1 game.

Wow, thats quite a difference.

DonShula84 said:
NFL Network showing bowl games? WTF, my stupid cable company doesnt offer it and I'm suffering :tantrum: :fire:

NFL Network has 2 bowl games.

Next year they start airing COLLEGE FOOTBALL games on a weekly basis.

MikeO said:
NFL Network has 2 bowl games.

Next year they start airing COLLEGE FOOTBALL games on a weekly basis.

I have it, but thats crap.

Motion said:
I have it, but thats crap.

Why is it crap??? They want to air games so they paid more money and are buying college games to air.

Their allowed. This is America!

If your cable company won't air the network get pissed at them, not the nfl network!

MikeO said:
Why is it crap??? They want to air games so they paid more money and are buying college games to air.

If your cable company won't air the network get pissed at them, not the nfl network!

That's who I am mad at. You hear that Time Warner?

MikeO said:

Because they are the NFL Network, why should they show college games?

I could understand the Senior Bowl, Hula Bowl, Shrine Game, etc.... But not regular games.

I'm not pissed at anyone, I have Directv with NFL Network and ESPN Gameplan (I've watched every single Gators game the last 3 years), just doesn't make sense to me. Now if they show more Gators games and I don't have to pay for ESPN Gameplan, I'm all for it! :lol:

I wonder how many big games they will get?

Back
Top Bottom