BIG HAUL NEXT YEAR | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BIG HAUL NEXT YEAR

Why arnt we just blowing the team up right now?

Seriously we arnt winning **** next year. Why not have a fire sale and just take a mini rebuilding year in 2024?

It makes the most sense to me.
Seth Meyers What GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

I still think he has his eyes set on a CB from the Saints with a $13.8M roster bonus due a week before the season starts.
sign me up for that. i just dont trust grier in the draft but his FA picks have been chef's kiss

Having a bunch of picks and cap space in 2025 is actually great news on fairly gloomy Dolphin day. This was gonna blow up eventually and we didn’t really get over the hump or even close with last years roster.
What blew up?

Losing a bunch of guys we knew we couldn’t afford to keep. We lost some of the best FAs available
So a team that got eliminated in the wildcard round got “blew up”?

Do you think the Dolphins are going to go 7-10 next year?

I have no idea what’s going to happen this year. Neither do you or any of the other pessimists.

I’m staying optimistic.
We had an epic collapse, some salary cap issues, decided not to keep some stalwarts and made some significant changes. It is what it is. I have no idea what our record will be.

You’re being a little sensitive bro

We had an epic collapse, some salary cap issues, decided not to keep some stalwarts and made some significant changes. It is what it is. I have no idea what our record will be.

You’re being a little sensitive bro
We got this! Division Championship and at least one playoff game win.

Why arnt we just blowing the team up right now?

Seriously we arnt winning **** next year. Why not have a fire sale and just take a mini rebuilding year in 2024?

It makes the most sense to me.

Miami to this point, will be going into next season on offense with still...

- A franchise QB

- The most dangerous pair of Receivers in Football

- An up and coming RB that could be beyond great to maybe exceptional

The line still needs to be fixed up, but if you remember the Injuries that hit us last year, it's pointing to probably better this year.

Miami got themselves a solid to maybe more TE that will give them yet another passing target, and body to help block when needed.

On Defense we were hit a bit harder, BUT....

Still have Sieler, Davis, and Pili to handle the middle (I am sure Miami will go DT in Draft with one of 1st two picks)

The LB have gotten better with a few moves so far in FA

Pass-Rushers will not be as good early, but with Miami getting Barrett in FA, there should still be some pressure, and once Chubb and Phillips return, could be as good or better then last year.

Miami still has Holland, Ramsey, Needham, Kohou, and still the possibility that Cam Smith is the real deal.

All with hopefully this time a DC that will not force them out of position, doing what they are not as good at.

We aren't winning anything? If we finally stay healthy, I don't see anything that we still can't win...#1 seed, Div, Conf...MORE.

Last edited:
Miami only has 10 picks in 2025. They lost both comp picks for Van Ginkel and Jones with the signings of Brooks and Brewer. They may gain and lose additional comp picks as they continue to sign or lose players, that count within the formula.

As of right now Miami has a 1st, 2nd, three 3rd, 4th, two 5th, 6th and 7th.
That's a nice haul right there.
With the dearth of picks over the past three seasons, they need to do whatever they can to hold onto all 10.

That's a nice haul right there.
With the dearth of picks over the past three seasons, they need to do whatever they can to hold onto all 10.
They might still get 2 additional comp picks, depending on what happens to their own free agents. Most likely 6th or 7th rounders. If Miami signs street F/A's they won't count against the Comp Formula. Boosting it's chances at those 2 additional comps.

It is and I'd expect we're doing everything possible not to mess up the comp formula to keep those additional two 3rd rounders. If we can roll into '25 w/ those 10 picks and a bunch of $$ to spend in FA then we should have a real window to compete for the big prize.

Back
Top Bottom