Big name jinx?

67Stang

Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
I am wondering why when we get a big name FA in here,something bad happens. Boston last year, the Ricky Williams thing, The Cris Carter fiasco, and even Thurman Thomas had a career ending injury when he came here. Can anyone think of any more?

byroan

Hammered
Reaction score
mjwenz said:
Cris Carter and Thurman Thomas don't count.
Exactly. They were WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY past their prime. Boston wasn't really a big name, he just had 1 maybe 2 good seasons. Ricky's a headcase. I'd blame it all on Wanny though, he should be blamed for everything that happened the last four years. :lol:

67Stang

Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
They are big names that got hurt, Carter immediately. Those are really the 4 big names we have aquired in the last say 7 years

finsnchips

2005 FinHeaven GM League Champion!!
Reaction score
yeah, ricky and boston were both headcases.

Wanny couldnt handle them.

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
It's more like #34 jinx....

Can you guys name all our players who've worn #34???

C-Money84

Starter
Reaction score
Eric Green was supposed to make our offense a guaranteed Super Bowl winner in 95. That one didn't turn out so hot.

DonShula84

Sporty Don
Reaction score
I dont really think Carter, Thomas or Boston count. Thomas and Carter were old and none of the 3 were expected to save our team. Boston was a question from the beginning, it not working with him shouldnt of come as a surprise. And none of the 3 were big name free agents, especially since we traded for Boston

BlazeOne

Rookie
Reaction score
Yeah but you have to look at it like taking the bad with the good. Miami has had some good big FA signings. Seau and Knight didn't do too shabby. I'm hoping Tebuck Jones along with improvements from Feeley and Booker also pan out.........

Awsi Dooger

Super Duper Club
Reaction score
Hugh Green was another big acquisition who got hurt

When we got him he wasn't as dominant as his college days at Pitt or earliest NFL years, but still a special talent.

As for #34, that was also Cecil Collins, if I remember correctly. I'm guessing he has many more digits in his number these days.

inFINSible

Don't believe everything you think.
Reaction score
Awsi Dooger said:
When we got him he wasn't as dominant as his college days at Pitt or earliest NFL years, but still a special talent.

As for #34, that was also Cecil Collins, if I remember correctly. I'm guessing he has many more digits in his number these days.
HG was the first thing that came to my mind, 'cause that one hurt bad. There were high hopes pinned on that guy. Mine anyway.

DOLPHAN1

Hammered
Reaction score
Awsi Dooger said:

yea but he had the levitation dance...never forget that jets game.

Top Bottom