BIG NEWS! Boston may be back in November! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BIG NEWS! Boston may be back in November!

You have to respect him for wanting to contribute, especially after an injury like that. What happened to the troublesome David Boston everyone said we got? :D

Well, I don't favor many scenarios of him returning in Week 11.

The ONLY scenario is if we are Tied or Leading in the AFC East AND the GROUND game has stepped it up to shoulder the load. I'd like to know that IF he does come back, he doesn't feel he has to play EVERY DOWN. IF he were to come back, I'd like to "work" him into the games. Let him contribute, but don't stick him out their for the sake of winning.

This is our future we are talking about. No reason to risk another injury for a few games.

You'll have to remember, even if he is ready to come back.. he's not in a Week 11 mindset. He will be in a Week 1 mindset. His body will not have endured the punishment of 9 games. His body will not be up to speed with being hit and he could walk blindly into a seasoned player who's had 10 weeks to fine tune his game. BAM... welcome to Week 11.

I'd bring him in slowly. Let him get "up to speed" and HOPEFULLY, if we make the playoffs, he'd be ready to go full throttle. THEN, his return would be beneficial.

I just don't see using his return as the REASON for us to win. If the rest of the team can't do it without him, there's no reason to sacrifice his health/future just to get us INTO the playoff RACE. I don't want to be 1 or 2 games out of the Wild Card race and place our hopes on his return.

It's not fair to him or the team.

CAUTION: It's our future you're messing with.

Futures change and i do see one of our other guys stepping up this year. However,if by december he is good to go you let him play.

Put on the PUP?

Like many of you, I would love to have DB back before the end of the season, and I believe that he could do it. An option is that he could be put on the PUP list (if he's not on IR already). About the time he would be eligible to come off is the time they're talking about him being "ready". The Fins could then evaluate him (and he would have to pass a physical in order to be taken off PUP) and see if it's worth it -- if the Fins are in playoff contention, then they could really push it; else, they could just put him on IR. Seems like a safe way to go.

chuckcole said:
Like many of you, I would love to have DB back before the end of the season, and I believe that he could do it. An option is that he could be put on the PUP list (if he's not on IR already). About the time he would be eligible to come off is the time they're talking about him being "ready". The Fins could then evaluate him (and he would have to pass a physical in order to be taken off PUP) and see if it's worth it -- if the Fins are in playoff contention, then they could really push it; else, they could just put him on IR. Seems like a safe way to go.
just out of curiosity...what are the benefits of putting someone on the PUP?

According to the MiamiDolphins.com, nobody is on the reserve list. Not even Chris Akins.

FinFan24 said:

They're out for 6 weeks instead of the whole season.

He better come back the first week of November, otherwise im not going to be able to wake up in the morning... Who does he think he is taking longer than 4 months?

FinFan24 said:
Putting someone on the PUP allows them to rehabilitate and hopefully have them available before the end of the season. It also allows the team to not count someone on the PUP on the active 53-man roster. So, the way I see it, they could put Boston on the PUP, let him rehabilitate, and when he is eligible to come off of the PUP (which is like 10 weeks into the season, I believe -- could possibly be as early as 6 weeks, I can't remember exactly), the team has a chance to evaluate them to see if they are ready and able. If not, they can just put them on IR. I think we did the same thing with David Bowens last year.

Barnetts injury was an ACL tear....that is 10x worst than a partial Petelar Tendon....

I say boston gets back in it and comes back stronger than before because you have to remember when your rehabing something like that all you TRAIN for is your speed and agility.....he's a workout nut so he's gonna be dedicated to the rehab and that makes all the difference....Barnett was lackluster in his rehabing missing a few here and there...my Dad was up to date on everthing DOLPHIN....i think he'll be back and a fresh pair of legs to come in and help out with the banged up guys (newsom, Tolver & Simmons) fill in there shoes.....

This only makes me like Boston even more. This guy has worked his a$$ off since coming to Miami. Week 10 sounds a bit early but if he can comeback at any point in this season it would be great.

This is good news. It doesnt completely put a damper on the season. He wants to go through rehab and come back to us. Its showing his dedication to the team. If we are still in the race, this will be a big boost for us. However if for some reason we are out of the race then he should just have limited action.

We did sign Oronde in late november, because we were scrambling. What this shows you is that this guy a team player, this guy wants to win, and this guy is not as bad as everyone said he will be. He came in for the first time, as the #2 receiver, and has only gotten his teammates praise. When JT says that Boston's injury hurt way more then Ricky quitting the team, that says something. D-Boss says he'll be back for money time, the stretch run. This guy also said he would get his weight down, "He did", this guy said he would put team first "He has", this guy said he would keep his mouth **** "He hasn't said a word", I just hope we don't jump to conclussions and put him on IR when he had a shot at coming back.

Phinsdude, i was okay after ricky quit, knowing that chambers and boston would open it up for the running game. for a few days after boston's injury, i was really, really down on the prospects of the coming season. boston's injury was a lot more critical to the team's chances, IMO. a possible comeback could be just a little extra bit of hope and motivation for the players...

Back
Top Bottom