Big O Big Updates: NEWS! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Big O Big Updates: NEWS!

Fresh

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
God man, I couldn't hear it clearly. They replayed a phone call from him. He's in Davey.

Rosenhause is trying to get a long-term deal done with Miami and they said something about possibly signing the 1-year tender or something. Rosenhause said that if a deal can't be done, he will ask Miami to take the 1/3 tender off and TRADE him to another team for less(I hope it's for JUST a 1st).

McIntosh and Brown were in town today. Coleman left without an offer. Meadows canceled. Salaam is probably coming soon(I think he said tomorrow or Monday, I didn't hear it clearly).

I apologize if I'm a little off with this. Couldn't hear it too clear.

Sorry, the Rosenhause thing is of course about Wale.. I didn't put that in there.

4th grade teacher: "Always mention who you're talking about before you use they, us, them, him, her, and so on..." :ban:

Good stuff , thanks for the update....... I can't see Miami accepting a lot less than a # 1 and # 3 though although it could be player and pick ?

Young pro bowl DE , if we trade him we need fair value..... which is high

Hopefully we make progress on at least one other Olineman this weekend.

anything said about the visits with brown and mcintosh?? any offers made? whats up with meadows i heard dallas made a offer??

Signing Adawale wouldn't be a bad idea but we dont want to overload the defense, we need to really cash in wally so we can really upgrade this team. David Bowens can replace him.

if we get a #1 pick for OGun, we want it ASAP since that w/take his 1.9 mil off the table and give us even more money to upgrade the O. I would also trade OGun for a decent 2nd rd pick as well since he is a RFA and may be a camp holdout w/a L-T contract and may just leave as a UFA in 2005

I would never trade Ogun for a # 2 alone....simply not fair value for a pro bowl DE that can sack the QB plus play the run hard.....this is not a TO situation....

If we don't get fair value , not discounted then retaining a still young pro bowl DE is not the worst thing in the world....

Only for fair value......

I'd take just a 1st for Wale, especially it it were #14 or #16.

As for the visits, he just said they visited. I guess in an hour or so the Miami articles(Herald, PBP, SS) will comment on those.

Well # 14 or # 16 is probably acceptable......different value than say # 23 or higher....

This draft is so deep I really would love to accumulate more picks. It would provide a lot of options.... a bigtime bonafide wr , probably with the 2nd first rounder and ??? with the first.... I know almost everyone says no more on the defense , but man there are some tempting players in the middle of round one...

I think Minnesota is an option at # 19 also

Originally posted by dolphan39
if we get a #1 pick for OGun, we want it ASAP since that w/take his 1.9 mil off the table and give us even more money to upgrade the O. I would also trade OGun for a decent 2nd rd pick as well since he is a RFA and may be a camp holdout w/a L-T contract and may just leave as a UFA in 2005

He either plays or doesn't get paid. He can also be franchised next year and traded for a first then. As long as there is cap room the phins can keep him around till they get what they want in trade. His *** is ours.

I'm thinkin maybe the Bears (#14 pick) were relectant to give up their 1st AND a 3rd, but they might sign Ogun if they only have to give up their 1st.........

Originally posted by dolphan39

Exactly. Despite how good O-Gun is we really need to trade him off and put what we get on the Offensive side of the ball.

I don't know if the Bears are still in the running. This Tait signing is really going to take a big chunk of change. Plus, the Bears spent a No. 1 pick on DE Michael Haynes last year and still have Alex Brown as well.

I think Minnesota might be our best option. Lots of cap room and in need of a passrusher. Unless they're soured on the last two fins, Bromell and Mixon, they signed.

Back
Top Bottom