Big Question about Antonio Cromartie | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Big Question about Antonio Cromartie

South Florida

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Cromartie (6-2¼, 203) ran 4.39 and 4.37 in the 40, 3.89 in the short shuttle and 7.02 in the three-cone drill. He also had a 42-inch vertical jump.

These are the times from his pro day.

His times at the combine were similar.

He is only 1 year removed from his injury (in fact, I think it isn't even a full year yet)

If I'm not mistaken, his vertical leap tied for 1st at the combine with Vernon Davis.

clear.gif

Is it smart to take a gamble on him at 16?

He's a top 10 pick next year for sure, maybe a top 5.

I think he's got better natural cover skills than Jimmy Williams and he posted better numbers at the combine regardless of his knee injury and the year off.

I don't know. I'm very interested to see how he grades out on Saban's board.

Personally, I have no problem taking him at 16.

In fact, I want to.

I think you are confusing Cromartie's Pro Day with his Combine numbers. He did not perform that well at the combine. Other than having one of the longest broad jump he wasn't happy with his Combine performance. That is why he chose to "retake" them at his Pro Day. Nevertheless, the numbers he put up during his Pro Day was quite impressive indeed.
I like Cromartie but something special would have to happen before he is taken with the 16 pick.

I think 16 is kinda high for him, I would love him on our team, but I think we would have to trade down. He is off an injury, but I think he could be the best CB in the draft. There, you can put me down for saying that. Im on record

He is worth the risk at 16 IMO however we don't need a CB now and that brings up the question why would you draft someone you don't need. He could be a top 5 talent next year, So I would take a chance on him. It would make our CB's a strength not a weakness!

stoody24 said:
Look At My Sig

I am looking at your sig. I think Carpenter will go in the first, Jacobs in the third. I think all of your ideas are off. Sorry, I like th guys you want, but they are really a reach

He is 7 months removed from tearing his ACL i believe.

How often do you find a 6'2" corner with speed/acceleration/agility of a 5'9" guy? Saban likes his corners big and fast...

If he's still there at 16 (which i think is a reach) i would be thrilled if we grab him.

Psychosikes said:
He is 7 months removed from tearing his ACL i believe.

How often do you find a 6'2" corner with speed/acceleration/agility of a 5'9" guy? Saban likes his corners big and fast...

If he's still there at 16 (which i think is a reach) i would be thrilled if we grab him.

I think he will be a late first round pick because of that injury

playmaker1 said:
I am looking at your sig. I think Carpenter will go in the first, Jacobs in the third. I think all of your ideas are off. Sorry, I like th guys you want, but they are really a reach
thanks for the input

even with carpenters injury hes coming off with?? = you still think he will go in the first??

what QB will be there in the 4th??

stoody24 said:
what QB will be there in the 4th??
The list of QBs we might look at in/after the 4th goes like this:
1. Clemens
2. Gradkowski
3. Meyer
4. Shockley
5. Vick

I don't think any of those guys are worth a 4th round pick. I would take Clemens or Gradkowski in the 7th, but they won't last that long. Meyer is a stretch, Shockley even more so, and I wouldn't touch Vick with a 60 ft. pole.

Flyer22 said:
The list of QBs we might look at in/after the 4th goes like this:
1. Clemens
2. Gradkowski
3. Meyer
4. Shockley
5. Vick

I don't think any of those guys are worth a 4th round pick. I would take Clemens or Gradkowski in the 7th, but they won't last that long. Meyer is a stretch, Shockley even more so, and I wouldn't touch Vick with a 60 ft. pole.
thanks flyer

Cromartie is one of the Dolphins main targets. He remains one of the few people that Saban and Mueller have personally taken to dinner, we were all over him at the FSU pro day, the upside potential is through the roof, any comparison to Jimmy Williams is futile as Williams isn't a great pure cover guy and will be a safety. Cromartie's straight line speed isn't as good as his lateral change of direction a 3.89 short shuttle, more than 0.50 quicker than his 40 time, highlighting what exceptional hips he possesses.

With all the talent in this draft, I wouldn't gamble a first on Cromartie. I do think some team will, though.

Boomer said:
Cromartie is one of the Dolphins main targets. He remains one of the few people that Saban and Mueller have personally taken to dinner, we were all over him at the FSU pro day, the upside potential is through the roof, any comparison to Jimmy Williams is futile as Williams isn't a great pure cover guy and will be a safety. Cromartie's straight line speed isn't as good as his lateral change of direction a 3.89 short shuttle, more than 0.50 quicker than his 40 time, highlighting what exceptional hips he possesses.
3.89? That's the best time I've seen this year for the short shuttle. The big question is, do we take him at 16 or do we have to move down?

Pat Watkins' short shuttle time was 3.88.

Yes, if he's there, then we make strong consideration to taking him.

Back
Top Bottom