biggest bonehead coaching move | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

biggest bonehead coaching move

Daytona Fin

Queeks Draw
Club Member
Reaction score
wow this week we had 2 pathetic coaching calls. maybe the worst so far this year. which one is worse. herm edwards decision to go for 2 instead of a tie for ot. or, singletarys decision to run with 2 seconds left.

i think the chiefs had the momentum the whole game and ot was the way to go.

but i choose singletarys decision not to go with frank gore, the back who has gotten it done all year, instead runs the backup rb. also the niners had a mobile qb and had been passing well on that drive. go figure. singletary will not last long as head coach.

wow this week we had 2 pathetic coaching calls. maybe the worst so far this year. which one is worse. herm edwards decision to go for 2 instead of a tie for ot. or, singletarys decision to run with 2 seconds left.

i think the chiefs had the momentum the whole game and ot was the way to go.

but i choose singletarys decision not to go with frank gore, the back who has gotten it done all year, instead runs the backup rb. also the niners had a mobile qb and had been passing well on that drive. go figure. singletary will not last long as head coach.

I'm with you my man! A lot of discussion at work this morning about Singeltary being a good coach. Some feel he'll do a great job but I just don't see it that way. He's way too confrontational and in your face. Yelling at coaches and players and chewing them out doesn't earn you respect in this league imo. And what a stupid play to run with 2 seconds left. I would not want to play for him. Did you see how much coverage ESPN gave to watching what he might do after every other play. It's like they were waiting for the big one.

In my book Singletary gets a pass this year. He is doing ok as a head coach and it's his Rookie year.

Herm Edwards has been around forever and never gets it done anywhere he goes. The only time he got it done was as a player, in the infamous giants/eagles game that he ran back that ball for a td. Going for 2 was a horrible call. His chances for winning were much better off the coin toss and hopefully he would of gotten the ball to at least being in FG range to win it in OT. He completely disrespected his own defense by going for it also.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my book Singletary gets a pass this year. He is doing ok as a head coach and it's his Rookie year.

Herm Edwards has been around forever and never gets it done anywhere he goes. The only time he got it done was as a player, in the infamous giants/eagles game that he ran back that ball for a td. Going for 2 was a horrible call. His chances for winning were much better off the coin toss and hopefully he would of gotten the ball to at least being in FG range to win it in OT. He completely disrespected his own defense by going for it also.

Are you trying to say Herm SUCKS?

If so......:goodpost:

I'm agreeing. Herm is a washout and I doubt he'll be coaching anywhere in the same capacity any time soon.

Singletary made an aweful decision. Forget Gore, they should have put it in the air.

1) That was Mike Martz's call. And yea, that was horrible. They shouldve respiked it on 3rd down and reset the offense and huddled up before 4th down. Also, if you insist on running it from 2.5 yards out, give the ball to Frank Gore for christ sakes. I dont see the problem passing it though, especially after Hill lead them down there in the first place.

2) The Chiefs were 1-7 at the time of that decision. Whats the problem with going for 2 there? Yea, Herm blows, but not because of this.

I would put Herm Edwards , Dave Wannstedt , Cam Cameron , and Mike Singleterry on the Mount Rushmore of great football coaches not!:D

Andy Reid not throwing it on of the 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 also was dumb. If the Chiefs were in contention they wouldn't of gone for 2. I don't think it was a dumb move to put the game in your players hand rather than an officials. Shanahan did it earlier this year and it worked.

Still the worst thing I saw was Mularkey call a hb pass on a 2 point conversion I think in Saban's 1st season in Miami.

1) That was Mike Martz's call. And yea, that was horrible. They shouldve respiked it on 3rd down and reset the offense and huddled up before 4th down. Also, if you insist on running it from 2.5 yards out, give the ball to Frank Gore for christ sakes. I dont see the problem passing it though, especially after Hill lead them down there in the first place.

2) The Chiefs were 1-7 at the time of that decision. Whats the problem with going for 2 there? Yea, Herm blows, but not because of this.

Well if your goal was to be 1-8 after the game then that was a great call. Maybe he is playing for a good draft postion. If he was playing to get a win then he should of kicked the point. I dont know if you watched the game at all but SD defensive line owned KC's O line right there at the goal line. they barely made it in and it took mutiple attempts to do it. They got lucky they were able to score so to me you got better odds with the coin flip going your way and getting into FG range. hindsight is 20/20, but even if he would of got in I would not of liked his decesion of going for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy Reid not throwing it on of the 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 also was dumb. If the Chiefs were in contention they wouldn't of gone for 2. I don't think it was a dumb move to put the game in your players hand rather than an officials. Shanahan did it earlier this year and it worked.

Still the worst thing I saw was Mularkey call a hb pass on a 2 point conversion I think in Saban's 1st season in Miami.

I thought it was a really bad call on shahans part too. He just got lucky that he got it in there. In his defense though his offense was hot that game and his defense was flat same as SD. He had better odds then KC did to convert IMO. But I said it then and I still say Shahan disrespected his defense and made a bad call and got a lucky win out of it.

Well if your goal was to be 1-8 after the game then that was a great call. Maybe he is playing for a good draft postion. If he was playing to get a win then he should of kicked the point. I dont know if you watched the game at all but SD defensive line owned KC's O line right there at the goal line. they barely made it in and it took mutiple attempts to do it. They got lucky they were able to score so to me you got better odds with the coin flip going your way and getting into FG range. hindsight is 20/20, but even if he would of got in I would not of liked his decesion of going for it.

lol totally agree

I think Singletary had the worse decision of the two. Looked like a Chinese Fire Drill at the end of the game.

wow u r soooo right..i thought the move by herm was a terrible well maybe mike singletary can join herm on the unemployment line ...# 1 why is gore not getting the ball and # 2 who the hell is going to leap over from 2 yards out when al lthe cardinals players were all over that play..wow just wow

Back
Top Bottom