Biggest draft busts this year is.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Biggest draft busts this year is..

Dors156

He's Backkkkk
Reaction score
alex smith and pacman jones.Alex lost his posistion to ken dorsey:rofl3:pacman cannott get it together.

dorsaroll156 said:
alex smith and pacman jones.Alex lost his posistion to ken dorsey:rofl3:pacman cannott get it together.

Troy Aikman, Terry Bradshaw and Bruce Smith looked like "busts" in their first year also... Gear down, young lad.... LONG way to go in their careers...

PressCoverage said:
Troy Aikman, Terry Bradshaw and Bruce Smith looked like "busts" in their first year also... Gear down, young lad.... LONG way to go in their careers...
alex smith sucks.....like......a LOT. i don't care if he's a rookie, he'll never do anything in the NFL

Well whenever you are a ROOKIE and have no talent around you, then it is pretty hard to make things happen. As for Jones, I think that he is just an average CB and a great returner.

So far it has to be Alex Smith, he hasn't done anything what so ever....

Ace88 said:
Well whenever you are a ROOKIE and have no talent around you, then it is pretty hard to make things happen. As for Jones, I think that he is just an average CB and a great returner.
doesn't really matter who's around you when you can't read a defense to save your life

Calling anyone a bust at this point is idiotic. Smith doesnt look good but neither did a ton of other Qbs, most Hall of Famers didnt look great their first year.

finfansince72 said:
Calling anyone a bust at this point is idiotic. Smith doesnt look good but neither did a ton of other Qbs, most Hall of Famers didnt look great their first year.

once again. most of us that are calling players busts, like kastofsna120 is with Smith, as i am as well, thought before the draft that these players were going to be busts. so us calling these players busts isnt idiotic at all, just merely restating what was said before.

Nappy Roots said:
once again. most of us that are calling players busts, like kastofsna120 is with Smith, as i am as well, thought before the draft that these players were going to be busts. so us calling these players busts isnt idiotic at all, just merely restating what was said before.

Well I guess the 49ers ought to hire a couple of geniuses like you and kastofsna because you are obviously draft experts. Again, whether or not you thought Smith was a bust it doesnt matter. Hes not a bust until he has a few years of playing time. Your opinion isnt fact, its just an opinion, Smith isnt out of the NFL yet. A bust is someone who isnt in the NFL anymore or has proven themselves over time to not have been worthy of their draft slot. There are countless examples of players that looked abyssmal early in their careers and went onto hall of fame careers. So to act like its a fact that Smith is a bust is idiotic.

finfansince72 said:
Well I guess the 49ers ought to hire a couple of geniuses like you and kastofsna because you are obviously draft experts. Again, whether or not you thought Smith was a bust it doesnt matter. Hes not a bust until he has a few years of playing time. Your opinion isnt fact, its just an opinion, Smith isnt out of the NFL yet. A bust is someone who isnt in the NFL anymore or has proven themselves over time to not have been worthy of their draft slot. There are countless examples of players that looked abyssmal early in their careers and went onto hall of fame careers. So to act like its a fact that Smith is a bust is idiotic.

yea and the chargers should to right? for leaf? :rolleyes: theres busts every year. and by the way, this is message board, where we post opinions. take the L and move on
clear.gif

finfansince72 said:
i dunno, tons of teams seem to miss on top-picked QBs all the time, yet the scouts aren't fired or anything. a lot of these teams look at physical attributes more than mental attributes with QBs, which is pretty pathetic. look at some of the guys drafted in the top 5 the past couple of years. smith is one of those guys. he just can't read an NFL defense. the defenses he faced in college were a) crappy and b) geared towards stopping the option. it's a completely new ballgame out there, and it's pretty obvious he has no clue what's going on. that's why i said he'd be a bust before the draft, because isn't made to be a good QB in the NFL, and he's certainly shown no signs that he can be

I think it is harder to judge a qb than most other positions. They have a lot more to learn and physical abilities will only do so much to make them look good. Smith maybe a bust, and those judging him by his college career have more to go on. Those judging him based solely on what he's done in the NFL to date need to give him time. Pacman has been a huge disappointment though imo. Braylon Edwards isnt lighting the NFL up either btw.

kastofsna120 said:
i dunno, tons of teams seem to miss on top-picked QBs all the time, yet the scouts aren't fired or anything. a lot of these teams look at physical attributes more than mental attributes with QBs, which is pretty pathetic. look at some of the guys drafted in the top 5 the past couple of years. smith is one of those guys. he just can't read an NFL defense. the defenses he faced in college were a) crappy and b) geared towards stopping the option. it's a completely new ballgame out there, and it's pretty obvious he has no clue what's going on. that's why i said he'd be a bust before the draft, because isn't made to be a good QB in the NFL, and he's certainly shown no signs that he can be

Smith was rated so high because of his mental ability,and a combination with fairly good physical tools. He doesn't have it right now, but Eli Manning was horrible in his first go rounds and look at him now. I wouldn't be surprised to see Smitha bust, partially due to circumstances, but it is still too early to judge.

Back
Top Bottom