Biggest Mistake Of The Offseason | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Biggest Mistake Of The Offseason

There's nothing wrong in adding a stopgap as long as we have a quarterback behind them being developed to takeover (e.g. like the Chiefs did with Mahomes). Let the rookie sit until he's ready to takeover, but equally if he wins the job in camp let him start (e.g. Darnold beating McCown). At that point the veteran has value as a mentor.
sure but we don't have that young QB at the moment and if we draft one at 13 and you want a stop gap then might as well keep Tanny and not take the dead money hit.

Around Jan 3, when it was clear who would draft where, the GM should've traded everything and anything to move up to one of top 3 spots for a QB.

The mistake is Steve Ross, Chris Grier, Dan Marino. The mistake are people at the top of the team. Everyday they are the biggest mistake.

These problems aren’t unique to the Phins. The Giants now have the same problem with Olivier Vernon. Most of us new that Vernon would never last with the Giants for the duration of that bloated contract.
However, you don’t see these types of problems with the teams that win consistently.
It doesn't happen to NE cause they're smart. They just let the guys that want too much money walk and they always get comp picks. They just won the super bowl and yet they have 12 picks in the draft.

Around Jan 3, when it was clear who would draft where, the GM should've traded everything and anything to move up to one of top 3 spots for a QB.

The mistake is Steve Ross, Chris Grier, Dan Marino. The mistake are people at the top of the team. Everyday they are the biggest mistake.

I mean in fairness It was all but assumed Murray would be playing baseball and the class looked extremely weak at the QB position.

Hell its why the whole tanking thing came up because there was nobody that would be available that was worth packaging the key picks in the next two drafts for so may as well be bad and pick from whats looking to be a prime QB draft in 2020.

As much as I want a young QB, you can’t just force the issue if you don’t believe your guy is there. Now maybe Murray changes that idea . . . .but I highly doubt Arizona passes him up unless the package they get is substantial.

Hey I’m cool with a day 3 guy in 2019. I just need something untapped in 2019 taking snaps . . . .even if that person gives us flashbacks of 2007.

It doesn't happen to NE cause they're smart. They just let the guys that want too much money walk and they always get comp picks. They just won the super bowl and yet they have 12 picks in the draft.
A big part of that us the ability to coach players up. You give our old staff that roster and we wouldnt even be sniffing the playoffs. Developing players has been a major problem with our franchise for a long time.

I mean in fairness .

There is no fairness, there are no opinions, there is no collaborative effort, there is not a million ways to skin the cat. There are standards, and that's the way the cat is skinned every year, and that's the way the fish is cleaned every year.

These fkrs don't have standards, and they are a mess, they have no clue what they are doing. They failed to get a QB three years ago, two years ago, a year ago, and they will fail this year too. They had failed, are failing, and will fail, because they are clueless. It's a mess.

Making James top 3 paid RT don't do it. For 1 he's nowhere near being a top 3 RT in the NFL and for 2 dude has never stayed healthy for 2 consecutive seasons.

1*ntV90C5eUGtAz8DahpT9Ng.jpeg

There is no fairness, there are no opinions, there is no collaborative effort, there is not a million ways to skin the cat. There are standards, and that's the way the cat is skinned every year, and that's the way the fish is cleaned every year.

These fkrs don't have standards, and they are a mess, they have no clue what they are doing. They failed to get a QB three years ago, two years ago, a year ago, and they will fail this year too. They had failed, are failing, and will fail, because they are clueless. It's a mess.

If Miami would've traded up in January for Dwayne ****ing Haskins this place would've lost itself and the Dolphins would have another half decade of bad qb play.

Only Murray is worth a top 10 pick and at that moment nobody knew what he was going to play or if he was committed to football.

63777019.jpg

Well he was literally a pro bowl kicker as a rookie for the eagles so I wouldn't give rizzi too much credit.
I didn't know that. He wasn't good last year when he was with the bears. We are going to find out how much of a loss Rizzi will be

Back
Top Bottom