Biggest Needs For Us!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Biggest Needs For Us!!!

postermaster

Finsavior
Reaction score
Next year, with some luck we could improve the following areas:

SECONDARY - **** - 4 Stars, because our CB's are always being surpassed by velocity and our Safties do not have the necessary strength.
-We should try to get one real good CB from FA next year and draft someones on the second day.

OL - ***1/2 - 3 Stars and a half, because eventhough we are being sacked less than in the beggining of the season, we still need speed on the O-Line and some good rush blockers / holes oppeners.
-We should try to draft one on the first round next year.

WR - *** - 3 Stars, because eventhough we've got a good arsenal there, they are being very inconsistent, droping balls, Welker has been our best WR this far this season.
-We should try to draft a great prospect on the first day next year.

QB - **1/2 - 2 Stars and a half, because eventhough Culpepper is a great QB, I'm not really confident that he will show us his magic when healthy, he has been struggling and I'm not sure if he has got the same magic that he had before without injuries that takes him out 1 - 2 years of playing, without the OL that he had and without a great WR that caught every pass that was in his possibility (Randy Moss).
-I'd rather to draft a great prospect in the first round if they fall to us (with our 6 - 10 to 8 - 8 record), Brady Quinn will be gone, but how about another great prospect?, if we don't, I think I will have to have faith in Culpepper and let him show me that I'm wrong (hopefully).

OC - ***** - 5 Stars, because I can't give more stars..., his playcalling is dumb even for a 3 year old girl, Scott Linehan did a better job by far and without the improved team that Mularkey has..., that Buffalo guy is drowning us.
-We can't draft an OC, but lets seek one next year, wether from college or fired OC's / HC's.

Please post all of your oppinions... and...

GO PHINS!!!!! :dolphins:

QB is by FAR the biggest need. Joey is NOT a full time starter, admit it, hes not.

And DC is just a total question right now, but it just doesnt seem good. Almost like Saban and co. are sweeping him under the rug.

QB MUST be taken in the first round. You build your team around a stud QB, it IS THE MOST IMPORTANT POSITION ON THE FIELD!

TexanPhinatic said:
QB is by FAR the biggest need. Joey is NOT a full time starter, admit it, hes not.

And DC is just a total question right now, but it just doesnt seem good. Almost like Saban and co. are sweeping him under the rug.

QB MUST be taken in the first round. You build your team around a stud QB, it IS THE MOST IMPORTANT POSITION ON THE FIELD!

agree 100%. i am very down for T Smith, brohm, russell, ANYONE of those guys. i also like to see a LT/OLB.

TexanPhinatic said:

Far too long has it been since we've drafted a QB. The time has come.

You see, the reason I'm not worrie about this team is because the thing we need the most is already on the roster. Our biggest need is starting quarterback and we already have a guy who will come back and fill that void quite nicely. Other than that I would say we need a #1 corner, OLB, LT and LG. Upgrade those spots, add some depth and this team is a playoff team no doubt.

Im all for a QB in the first if we can get it. Especailly Russell. Maybe saban would be aggressive enough to go and trade up for russel?? I mean, if anyone knows if Russell is worth it, it'd be him right?

nolefin said:
all i know is chambers and harrington suck

Shows a true fan...pshh....i understand harrington, but u cant blame the wideout if the ball isnt getting ot him...i mean come on now (no harm done)

campeonaso said:
what about the kicker? i think we should improve in that area too

Disagree. Mare has been there for us in the past and is one of the ten most accurate kickers in NFL history! He is having a terrible year and should give back some of that enormous salary he's earning but I'm not ready to ship him off. If he repeats this BS nextyear, then he's axed. I also think that if Harrington were given an entire offseason to prepare and was the starter from day one he would be better off. He hasn't played poorly and I think h should compete against whoever we pick up in the draft.

I agree about the CB's, we need to find one. I think thats the weak spot on the D. however, Mularkey is the biggest liability we have on the team. He should choke on a knife.

only NJ fin fan said:
Shows a true fan...pshh....i understand harrington, but u cant blame the wideout if the ball isnt getting ot him...i mean come on now (no harm done)
Catching every ball at your body is a telltale sign of a bad receiver. Even I know you increase your chances of catching the ball exponentially when you catch it with your hands. The guy also isn't aggressive and doesn't fight for the ball. I am really getting tired of Chambers and his lack of effort/intensity.

who is russell?, sorry dont watch college football much, lots of emergencies on saturday

only NJ fin fan said:

maybe chambers shouldnt drop balls that hit him in the #s

Bonedoc7777 said:
who is russell?, sorry dont watch college football much, lots of emergencies on saturday
LSU Junior QB JaMarcus Russell. 6'5"-6'6" about 260 lbs.

postermaster said:
Next year, with some luck we could improve the following areas:

SECONDARY - **** - 4 Stars, because our CB's are always being surpassed by velocity and our Safties do not have the necessary strength.
-We should try to get one real good CB from FA next year and draft someones on the second day.

Please post all of your oppinions... and...

GO PHINS!!!!! :dolphins:

First recognize that it is damn near impossible to effectively run against a press man defense. It's the reason why Miami could consistently win 9 and 10 games every year of the Wannstedt regime. The problem with sitting in this type of defense is that every team in this league down to the high school coach knows how to attack it. The Dolphins sat in that defense and dared you to beat them. What we found during those years was that if you seek mediocrity - sit in a man 43 defense. A coach can win enough games to keep his job longer than he should. Why do I say "seek mediocrity"? Well you know that too. If you reach the "tournament" you will eventually meet the team that has a multiple attack on offense. They will beat you and your base defense handily.

Then you ask "What was the purpose in perfecting Man 43?" It served no purpose other than to reach mediocrity. The rules do not allow a team to hoard enough talent to make one thing go. You saw this in our inflated defensive salary cap. Dave could always find another reason to spend another million on defense. It still couldn't get him past 11 wins and an early exit out of the playoffs.

How do you reach "multiple" on defense? It starts with coverage. Is your coverage "Man 1" as was so prevalent before Saban? Is your coverage "cover 2"? Is your coverage "quarters"? Is your coverage "cover 3"? The answer is "mutiple" is a combination of all of them and more when you include the fact that you blitz. Multiple means you do not do any one thing perfect (Wannestedt). It means you are attempting to reach good at all things. This team has not reached good in coverage. Early in the season they were not even on the same page in the secondary. This is where our secondary blunders have been subject to the highlight reel on ESPN. The coaching response is that you scale back on the different coverages. Then you have officially reached mediocrity at being multiple. Not good......

Back
Top Bottom