Biggest RB Busts | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Biggest RB Busts

Woody Bennett the last couple of years of his career were pretty painful to watch. 2yds up the middle. 2 yds up the middle. 3 yds up the middle. -1 yard up the middle. oh, God, was he tough to watch.

How high was Troy Stradford drafted? He looked so exciting as a rookie but disappeared quickly...

The difference between Ronnie and the guys on this list is the fact that Ronnie was considered the top player on his own team and last year before the injury he may have been the best back in the league at that time. If he's never able to make it back he might be considered a sad story, but I don't think you can really label him a bust. When I think of a bust I think of someone who showed nothing like an Akili Smith. Oh yeah the Panther was Tim Biakabatuka.

Blair Thomas and the guy who played at Michigan and the panthers Tim bonka-something(SP) And I hat to say it, but if Ronnie Brown can't return for his inquiries he'll be talked about like this.:unsure:

i'm an lsu fan so i watched a lot of cecil collins in college. he was so dominating at times that i think he could have been a pro-bowler if he had his head on straight. he had a great combination of power and speed. i can understand drugs or addiction but not being able to control you perve is something i cant grasp. but since he was a 5th rounder i don't think you could consider him too much of a bust. in order for someone to be a bust i think it has to be in the 1st or 2nd round. so i go w/ avery or smith.

How high was Troy Stradford drafted? He looked so exciting as a rookie but disappeared quickly...
Troy was a 4th round draft pick who was more of a 3rd down back because of his ability to make people miss in the open field.

Stradford "disappeared" because he tore his ACL making a cut and was never the same.

Here is a list of FB/RB's taken in the first two rounds who were busts in Miami;

Benny Malone 2-47 1974
Stan Winfrey 2-49 1975
David Overstreet 1-13 1981 (Went to Canada and then died which really wasn't his fault)
Andra Franklin 2-56 1981
Lorenzo Hampton 1-27 1985
Sammie Smith 1-9 1989
John Avery 1-29 1998
JJ Johnson 2-39 1999

Now for a much shorter list, successful RB/FB picks in the first two rounds

Larry Csonka 1-8 1968
Rob Konrad 2-43 1999 (there are likely some who think he should be on the first list)

After reviewing these lists does anyone wonder why we spent two first round picks on Ricky?

But to answer the question of the thread, Sammie Smith has to be the biggest bust only in that he was by far the highest pick.

Andra Franklin was a FB and he made the pro bowl. He was one of the top FB's in the league for several yrs. He was far from a bust

Back
Top Bottom