Biggest surprise last year to you? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Biggest surprise last year to you?

The Chaos Path

I'm Rude
Reaction score
What individual player came out of NOWHERE for you that you never saw coming?

Was it Chad Pennington coming off injuries from our longest rival and posting one of his best years ever?

Was it Anthony Fasano the dominant TD receiving TE that came from the Cowboys BENCH?

Was it Davone Bess who was undrafted and ignored until he came to kick corners in the teeth with his great middle routes?

Was it Greg Camarillo a guy with absolutely no expectations and thought of to be just fodder before he started becoming Miami's no. 1 receiver before being injured.

Was it Joey Porter the guy who was considered a huge floundering free agency bust the year before and went on to have a career year?

Was it Andre Goodman who hasn't played a full decent year in his career in Miami but managed to crank it WAY up towards the twilight of the season?

Or was it Ricky Williams, who actually managed to play good. Not great but good and came up with some KEY plays to win some games.

All these guys surprised the hell out of me this year, but I think most of all it was Fasano that I didn't see coming. I mean I had never even heard of the guy who sat behind Witten collecting dust, but WOW was this guy clutch in the end of the year. I don't even know what we'd be talking about if he hadn't played the way he did in the KC game or even with that ballerina catch in the Jets game. We might be talking about 2008 Superbowl Champion Patriots (ugh).

honestly goodman, camarillo and bess all surprised me. But if i had to pick one i would say Camarillo that guy earned my full respect when he torched that BUM from Denver whos name doesnt even deserved to be mentioned in this site. lol

I think every single player surprised me at some point, including the coaches with play calling. Last year's style of play was definitely something we have never seen in Miami.

Without question it was Pennington falling into our laps

there's so many, but here's my top 5:

- Pennington: We thought he showed it all when he came back in 06 ( 06 ? ) , but he had gas in the tank for another collosal comeback. He was the pillar of that offence and was the most inspiring fin to see play in a while

- davone bess: being a UFA, we knew he could work the slot in college, but taking this to the nfl in the bigger man's league is impressive

- Kendall langford: he played the run like an all pro, now if he can learn some pass rush moves, he might be heading to hawaii...

- Ronnie brown: couldn't ask more out of a guy who had a busted ACL

- Joey porter: as much as he can talk, this year, he backed it up and inspired fans and his teammates

Honestly, the whole damn team was one big surprise. Everyone came to play last year and coming off a one and fifteen season there was no way anyone saw us being as productive as we were.

Dan Henning. I thought he was a bad hire to begin with, and, I saw nothing to refute that until the Patriots game. Then, all of a sudden, he broke out of his box, and, actually called some good game. I was very pleasantly surprised by him.

Other than that....Bess and Fasano

Dan Henning is top drawer, we're lucky to have him aboard. Hope we can hold on to him long enough to solidify the rebuilding process.

--------> has crossed my mind that after Penny retires he'd make a great OC

Dan Henning. I thought he was a bad hire to begin with, and, I saw nothing to refute that until the Patriots game. Then, all of a sudden, he broke out of his box, and, actually called some good game. I was very pleasantly surprised by him.

Other than that....Bess and Fasano

yup i have to agree with you

Porter was a pretty big surprise for me. My mind was pretty much made up that he had NOTHING left. Turns out he was good for 17.5 sacks.

Davone Bess...I wasn't sure if he'd even make the team..I figured he'd end up on the PS. He turned out to be a GREAT pickup for us.

I'd have to say Pennington. Haven't had that much confidence in a QB in a while.

Back
Top Bottom