Biggest Surprise of the Season? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Biggest Surprise of the Season?

If we're being honest there is so many.

- Raheem mostert setting franchise record for rushing TDs with 18 at 31 years old is absurd.

- Devon Achane averaging 7.8 YPC which is like the all time best average in Super Bowl era. While also having 997 yards and 11 TDs as the RB2 who missed close to half the season with injury. That's insane.

-The Miami dolphins QB led entire NFL in passing yards. That's a shock.

- Tyreek hill first WR in NFL history with back to back 1700 yard seasons. Despite the fact he was gonna struggle mightily with out Patrick Mahomes.

- Zach Sieler became first dolphins DT with 10 sacks in a season and oh Christian Wilkins finished second all time with 9.

- Let's not forget maybe the most shocking of them all Jason sanders hit 3 50 yard FGs in a single game while also hitting a career long from 57.

For me…AJ, by a mile. Still not a top tackle of course, but plenty good enough to do what he’s asked to in this offense. A universe of improvement over his prior showings.

A distant 2nd would be Chubb, IMO.

Raheem Mostert gets my vote. Think we all knew he was a solid player in a rotation at RB, but dude 21 TDs in 15 games. Dude made us all look stupid for clamoring to bring Delvin Cook, Jonathan Taylor, etc.

Honorable Mentions:

Austin Jackson - finally lived up to his draft status and got a well deserved extension
Devon Achane - 3rd round pick put up a ridiculous 7.7 average on 100+ attempts. Future superstar
Jalen Ramsey - missed the first half of the season, beat every prediction to return and showed he is still one of the best corners in the league

Not exactly what you're looking for, I don’t think. But for me the biggest surprise was just how much I enjoyed this year’s team. I really looked forward to every Sunday, and it was the first time I’ve really recaptured the kid like joy you have when you are younger since the early 90’s teams. The injuries dampened things, but even now, I’m still amped up for Saturday night and not ready to say goodbye to this edition of the Miami Dolphins.

Not exactly what you're looking for, I don’t think. But for me the biggest surprise was just how much I enjoyed this year’s team. I really looked forward to every Sunday, and it was the first time I’ve really recaptured the kid like joy you have when you are younger since the early 90’s teams. The injuries dampened things, but even now, I’m still amped up for Saturday night and not ready to say goodbye to this edition of the Miami Dolphins.
Agreed. It's been a fun season compared to a lot of others. It's had its tough moments but that's just the ride you're on with this team. Fingers crossed for Saturday at Arrowhead.

I'd say the outside running game and how frequently the corner popped wide open. That's not merely blocking. It's timing the call and anticipating the defense. When McDaniel stops making that call in the second half it's because the opponent has made obvious corrections.

However, you have to anticipate regression in 2024. It's almost guaranteed there will be frequent mention of Achane's steep fall off from 2023 to whatever his numbers are next year.

Even if fully healthy the theme next season will be a decline in offensive line play. That's not a prediction. It's normalcy.

Achane, he is for real and could be the hero of this story if the coaches game plan around him first.

Back
Top Bottom