Biggest Surprise of the Season? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Biggest Surprise of the Season?

it's starting to get old that every single time a play doesn’t work people think it was just a bad call......I never see anybody say it was bad execution on the players part......it's always "McDaniel called a bad play"..........it seems to me if Mike would call only "good" plays then we'd score a TD on every single possession .....lol

for real tho, mike has stuff that he needs to work on but at some point you need to hold the players accountable too
This is a top comment for me. Totally agree.

For me, this is an easy choice. Clearly the play of the offensive line. At one point, Miami had four backups playing and the line was still competing. These guys have really kept the season alive for the Dolphins, although an argument could be made that all those injuries there was a big reason the team struggled against better teams. Tua was certainly getting the ball out quickly.

Anyway, it begs the question. Are any of these "backups" potential starters? Smith and Jones would be the two that I think have the best shot. With all the needs in the offseason, it would be nice to have actually found a starter among this group on the line.

Honorable mention for me would be the rookie season of Achane. I expected him to be good, but he's been an absolute big-play machine averaging almost 8 yards a carry! You almost expect him to gash the defense for 20 yards on virtually every carry. Now start getting him the ball via the pass more in the open field.
I think it’s more of the blocking scheme that makes it work. Also I agree on Achane. I didn’t think he would get playing time this year but he looks like the best rb in the league.

Clinching playoffs early and not needing any help like last year was a surprise and improvement. My goal was to make playoffs back to back. Been forever since we did that. I wanted a playoff win but this team is hurting so badly I will understand. Hope they can keep it close and play good game. Next year I expect playoffs and beating good teams.

Being an optimistic, most of the positive offensive stuff wasn't surprising.

So, unfortunately, the regression of Kohou was a huge surprise for me
That didn’t surprise me I know the metrics were great last year. But he often got called for penalties , didht turn his head around , and was always pulling or holding even when it was not called. But he is a press corner. Not sure this system fits him.

Cam smith never playing was a surprise
Berrios not being better or used more in slot is surprising

Last edited:
OL Coach Butch Barry. Immediately after his hire there was a deluge of negative comments/press/former players about him. He was too harsh/an A$$/etc. He was a GREAT addition to our staff and I applaud Grier and McD for bringing him in. He did more with less than anyone! Cheers to him!

Last edited:
For me (no particular order):

1. That we drafted a rookie RB who is a legit world beater. He’s one of the most dynamic players in the league and should be featured more this week and next season.

2. The play of the OL and coach Butch Barry.

3. How good Chubb played this year as well as Van Ginkel

I expected to make the playoffs. I expected Tua to have a big year. I expected McDaniel to get better as a game manager (he did though I still want to punch his lights out every other game of so).

I did not expect a team could lose so many players to injury in one season. This upsets me more than any other disappointing moment from the season.

I think it’s more of the blocking scheme that makes it work. Also I agree on Achane. I didn’t think he would get playing time this year but he looks like the best rb in the league.
I can't wait to see how Achane develops. I think he can be a great receiving back as well and that's part of his game we haven't seen enough of yet.

Agree on the scheme in terms of the offensive line.

For me, this is an easy choice. Clearly the play of the offensive line. At one point, Miami had four backups playing and the line was still competing. These guys have really kept the season alive for the Dolphins, although an argument could be made that all those injuries there was a big reason the team struggled against better teams. Tua was certainly getting the ball out quickly.

Anyway, it begs the question. Are any of these "backups" potential starters? Smith and Jones would be the two that I think have the best shot. With all the needs in the offseason, it would be nice to have actually found a starter among this group on the line.

Honorable mention for me would be the rookie season of Achane. I expected him to be good, but he's been an absolute big-play machine averaging almost 8 yards a carry! You almost expect him to gash the defense for 20 yards on virtually every carry. Now start getting him the ball via the pass more in the open field.
I'm in total agreement.

We won 1 game vs a team above .500 going into the playoffs , and Tua led the game winning drive. What's that like 1 for 12 now?

also. We lost to the Tennessee Titans, and the way that L came to fruition.
Try re-reading this posts "Banner".

Spk Engrish. - LOL

Back
Top Bottom