Bill Barnwell: Trading deadline possibilities | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Barnwell: Trading deadline possibilities

Get rid of Wallace when hes finally starting to come around? Great idea :bobdole:

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva · 3m3 minutes ago
Mike Wallace has at least 70 yards and/or TD in every game this year. Target hog. Still underrated in FF community. Blowup weeks coming.

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva · 3m3 minutes ago
Mike Wallace has at least 70 yards and/or TD in every game this year. Target hog. Still underrated in FF community. Blowup weeks coming.

He's averaging almost 8.5 targets per game so the chances are there to get even better as well. Right now the target to reception ratio isn't very good and he's still producing well.

What!? You don't gather your knowledge of football from BSPN and SoapOperaCenter?

If I am really desperate for a score or highlight then yeah.

bspn is great for baseball & college pigskin. Other than that, its been a burning tire fire about as long as the Simpsons have been on.

I don't want any of our pass catchers gone. We finally have 6+ guys that can create some sort of mismatch, move the chains, or just get open. What team wouldn't want that? Not every WR needs to be a superstar- just be open. It's funny how just a couple years ago we had Hartline and Bess and now we have a bunch of pass catching options. Yet is not enough and people want trades.

The original article on Wallace being traded is stupid. That's all- stupid. If we lose any WR it'll prob be Gibson at seasons end. Hate it, loved him last year, but he isn't seeing the time these days since Landry has shown up. If he somehow stays Matthews will go. We'll prob lose both and roll with Wallace, Hartline, Landry, player to be determined, and our TEs.

not only does he blunder the math, the writer said that wallace has hard a hard time connecting with tannehill. [false].

then later on he has this to say:
A lot of teams could find that sort of cash for a 28-year-old who was one of the best deep threats in football with a better quarterback.
[correct].

tanny is the one missing wide open wallace all the time, not the other way around.

and though i dont see wallace getting traded, TOM BRADY would love to get him in new england. seattle would be a great spot for wallace with harvin gone and would be welcomed with open arms. heck, i think if rex ryan thought could land him along with harvin he would give it a shot.

get mike walllace with a bonafide franchise qb like brady or manning [either one], rogers, etc... and wallace is a super star. and i like the fact that his production is up this year along with his salary. usually when players land their big money, they suffer the opposite. hats off to mike for that!!

not only does he blunder the math, the writer said that wallace has hard a hard time connecting with tannehill. [false].

then later on he has this to say: [correct].

tanny is the one missing wide open wallace all the time, not the other way around.

and though i dont see wallace getting traded, TOM BRADY would love to get him in new england. seattle would be a great spot for wallace with harvin gone and would be welcomed with open arms. heck, i think if rex ryan thought could land him along with harvin he would give it a shot.

get mike walllace with a bonafide franchise qb like brady or manning [either one], rogers, etc... and wallace is a super star. and i like the fact that his production is up this year along with his salary. usually when players land their big money, they suffer the opposite. hats off to mike for that!!

To be fair we still don't know how much is on Tanny on the deep balls. It's not like Wallace is running a dead sprint that's easy to time the pass. He rarely runs a straight route and he never just flat out sprints. It's got to be difficult to time bombs to him.

I wish there were a stat that tracked deep passes that were caught on the run vs deep passes that were caught. I know Wallace had a ton of deep balls that he caught coming back to the ball after Big Ben broke containment and there were lots of plays where he'd run away from coverage after a play like that as well. I don't remember a lot of passes where they just ran go routes and Wallace caught them.

What we do know is that Tanny has done pretty well hitting the long ball with other receivers in his 2.5 years. Even last year we hit on 5 passes of 40+ yards with Wallace, whereas we have 0 this year. It's going to be hard to get better at them and actually hit them (or get PI) if we don't even attempt them.

In fact, if you take out the season with 10 catches of 40+ that Wallace had, the other 3 years in Pitt he averaged 5.5 per season. Even with that he only averaged about 7 per season, so last year we weren't too far off his career norm. This year looks like it will be quite a bit different.

I'm suprised that Barnwell would write such an out of nowhere blurb.
He is a pretty good writer IMO.

If people complain about no deep throws now, what the hell would happen if their only deep threat was traded or released?
Doesn't matter Wallace isn't going anywhere. I think he's proven that he is not a one trick pony. He may have some pretty good numbers this year! Its been a while since we've seen big numbers from the receiver position.

bspn is great for baseball

Regular season, no. Postseason, yes.

Their baseball coverage during the regular season pretty much revolves around the Yankees and Red Sox. Their play-off coverage this year has been fine, since both the Yankees and Red Sox missed the play-offs, so they are forced to talk about other teams.

I had never heard of this site before today! What a trash outlet!

Back
Top Bottom