Bill Belichick -Brown the best back to come out of the draft since LaDainian | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Belichick -Brown the best back to come out of the draft since LaDainian

Superself

If you want to, we can supply you.
Club Member
Reaction score
I watched the Dolphins vs Carolina game again last night...which the NFL Networked showcased as the game of the week.

Ronnie could be THE most powerful back in the NFL right now.

With Ricky gone,...Jamal Lewis and Jerome Bettis both seemed to have lost the edge. Who else is as powerful as Brown?

The one run in this game where it takes 4 defenders to bring him down at the goal line is priceless. He has a ton of power and a body lean that is unorthodox but balanced.

Remember the hit he gave Champ Bailey?

Look at this:

rushing splits G Att Yds Avg Lg TD 1st
1ST QUARTER 0 61 194 3.2 14 1 9
2ND QUARTER 0 51 187 3.7 22 1 11
3RD QUARTER 0 47 281 6.0 65 1 12
4TH QUARTER 0 48 245 5.1 58 1 9
4TH (WITHIN 7) 0 32 182 5.7 58 1 7

He definitely gets stronger as the game progresses.

He was a rookie last year. Now with full participation in the off season conditioning program, he gets to isolate and improve his weaknesses.

I expect Ronnie to explode next year. :wink:

Just curious, but where does Bill Belichick fit into this? Was he commenting during the replay of the game?

Superself said:
I watched the Dolphins vs Carolina game again last night...which the NFL Networked showcased as the game of the week.

Ronnie could be THE most powerful back in the NFL right now.

With Ricky gone,...Jamal Lewis and Jerome Bettis both seemed to have lost the edge. Who else is as powerful as Brown?

The one run in this game where it takes 4 defenders to bring him down at the goal line is priceless. He has a ton of power and a body lean that is unorthodox but balanced.

Remember the hit he gave Champ Bailey?

Look at this:

rushing splits G Att Yds Avg Lg TD 1st
1ST QUARTER 0 61 194 3.2 14 1 9
2ND QUARTER 0 51 187 3.7 22 1 11
3RD QUARTER 0 47 281 6.0 65 1 12
4TH QUARTER 0 48 245 5.1 58 1 9
4TH (WITHIN 7) 0 32 182 5.7 58 1 7

He definitely gets stronger as the game progresses.

He was a rookie last year. Now with full participation in the off season conditioning program, he gets to isolate and improve his weaknesses.

I expect Ronnie to explode next year. :wink:

Nice post.
The bad pressed Brown is getting about not carrying the load is unjustified, as you have proven sttistically.

Rickys Gone, as much as it stinks......people need to get over it!
Lets move on and ride Brown to the playoffs.

Denverfinfan said:
Just curious, but where does Bill Belichick fit into this? Was he commenting during the replay of the game?

I remember Belichick saying that, but i don't see how that would be the title of this thread. High praise from the hooded one though.

Denverfinfan said:

I thought his comment fit quite nicely with my overall point that Ronnie is a very good running back.

Great post man. You love to see your back getting stronger as the game progresses. It allows you to stick to your game plan and not throw it out the window and end up throwing the rock 50 times a game. I am a firm believe that Ronnie will go off for about 1400 yards this year.

I'd say that Larry Johnson would be a pretty close comparison for "THE most powerful back in the NFL right now." statement.

I also feel that Cadillac Williams exhibits a lot more power than people give hime credit for. This is not bashing Ronnie, just making legitimate observations.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Great post man. You love to see your back getting stronger as the game progresses. It allows you to stick to your game plan and not throw it out the window and end up throwing the rock 50 times a game. I am a firm believe that Ronnie will go off for about 1400 yards this year.

I don't think 1400 is out of the question either, as long as he stays healthy, that's like 85 yds a game. I just hope he has the conditioning and ability to carry the whole load. He hasn't done that since HS, in college it was Cadillac and last year Ricky. I can't wait to see.

phinphan11 said:
I'd say that Larry Johnson would be a pretty close comparison for "THE most powerful back in the NFL right now." statement.

I also feel that Cadillac Williams exhibits a lot more power than people give hime credit for. This is not bashing Ronnie, just making legitimate observations.

I'd consider larry johnson to be the back with the most powerful offensive line in the NFL right now.

Yea, that could definately be true. Ronnie just doesnt ever get knocked on his back. He seems to always spin away tacklers and get that extra few yards. And straight up physically, he is a workout warrior. And the truly scary thing is he can MOVE!

njFinsForever said:
I'd consider larry johnson to be the back with the most powerful offensive line in the NFL right now.

Ergo the debate on whether the RB makes the line or the other way around... I agree that KC has a stud line but alot of LJ's yards last season was through the defenders not around them.

Superself said:
I thought his comment fit quite nicely with my overall point that Ronnie is a very good running back.

i never heard that he said that, when was this?? coming from billy boy, thats something to be proud of.

Back
Top Bottom