Bill Belichick was his worst enemy | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Belichick was his worst enemy

MexDolfan

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Patriots' HC is a genius bettering opportunities for his team by systematically finding mismatches and opponents' weakest link. But this week in Miami that leaded to Dolphins' victory.

With Brent Grimes and Nolan Carroll injured for the final series, DB Michael Thomas entered to serve as nickel.
Who? Michael Thomas? This player was almost unknown for his teammates as he has been part of San Francisco 49ers' practice squad until 6 days ago. Than means he doesn't handles the system and that his role as spot filler created an obvious mismatch and a clear opportunity for Pats.

So Tom Brady threw to his direction not one but two times in the final plays. But Thomas proved he's a diamond on the rough in therms of football, as he owns great physical skills and excellent reaction. Well, that's all that was required to collect a game winning play against a great HC with few options because of important injuries.

I wanna express that I enjoyed that INT and loved to see my beloved Dolphins to hold the W, but with our regular secondary this would have been another lose facing Bill Belichick's Patriots. Great for us that BB's style played against him today.
:hclap:

Will Davis got torched all game and absolutely destroyed on the last play as well. Brady wasn't picking on Thomas on the last play, he was picking on Davis. Thomas just peeled off and made a fantastic play.

Don't want to turn this into a Fireland thread but thus far, Davis and Taylor were bad decisions. I'll credit Jeff with picking up Michael Thomas.

Don't want to turn this into a Fireland thread but thus far, Davis and Taylor were bad decisions. I'll credit Jeff with picking up Michael Thomas.

Dude, they're rookies. Back before the draft I wanted Taylor as a nickle, but I expected the Fins to draft a couple other backs earlier. With the way Carol has stepped up, I expect Taylor will be fine next year.

Your logic is that if our best corner's were in, the outcome would have been worse.

Yeah... no.

I guess you haven't noticed but quiet a few of Ireland's picks that are in their 3rd and 4th seasons are playing very well. Most draft picks take that long to develope.

Back
Top Bottom