Bill Cowher is the only logical choice | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Cowher is the only logical choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cowher for the win (literally). Nubs, you hit the nail on the head. Cowher left a winner on his own terms, and much to the sadness of fans and players; Fisher was operating on fumes by the time he was told to call it quits - a sabbatical may have reinvorgated him, but maybe not since his record was not so great to begin with. IMO, Gruden talks a great game and did a good job with Oakland and I guess motivating Dungy's players. However by the time he was kicked to the curb, no one, neither his team nor the fanbase in TB could stand him. He's also the supposed QB guru who decided to stand pat with an already journeyman Brian Griese, instead of jumping on Aaron Rodgers, after benefitting from Saban's brainfart. If we or anyone else hires him, I've long said he should tithe half his income to Tony. He's definitely engaging and smart but perhaps in the perfect position for him at ESPN right now.

In a league of "what have you done for me lately" Cowher is the only one with a reasonably current point of reference without failure sandwiched between his glory days and now.

Now would any of the 3 be an upgrade and improvement? Without a doubt! But IMO of those 3 Cowher's the only no-brainer option available. He was on the top of his game when he left and if anything between the perspective from being a talking head, opportunity to decompress from the trauma of his wife's untimely passing, and general rejuvenation to regenerate the will to compete and win, he's our guy if he'll have us.

Cowher for the win (literally). Nubs, you hit the nail on the head. Cowher left a winner on his own terms, and much to the sadness of fans and players; Fisher was operating on fumes by the time he was told to call it quits - a sabbatical may have reinvorgated him, but maybe not since his record was not so great to begin with. IMO, Gruden talks a great game and did a good job with Oakland and I guess motivating Dungy's players. However by the time he was kicked to the curb, no one, neither his team nor the fanbase in TB could stand him. He's also the supposed QB guru who decided to stand pat with an already journeyman Brian Griese, instead of jumping on Aaron Rodgers, after benefitting from Saban's brainfart. If we or anyone else hires him, I've long said he should tithe half his income to Tony. He's definitely engaging and smart but perhaps in the perfect position for him at ESPN right now.

In a league of "what have you done for me lately" Cowher is the only one with a reasonably current point of reference without failure sandwiched between his glory days and now.

Now would any of the 3 be an upgrade and improvement? Without a doubt! But IMO of those 3 Cowher's the only no-brainer option available. He was on the top of his game when he left and if anything between the perspective from being a talking head, opportunity to decompress from the trauma of his wife's untimely passing, and general rejuvenation to regenerate the will to compete and win, he's our guy if he'll have us.

I agree but some worry that an "old school" coach will result is what we have now. Old school to me means discipline and ready for all situatiuons and mentally tough. Cowher will definitely do that...our Dolphins are none of that now.

One thing we have to keep in perspective with the "big three" is that both Cowher and Gruden turned Miami down at the end of last season. Gruden turned down a $7 million per year contract, and Cowher wouldn't even talk because Ireland was being retained.

To land one of the "big three", Ireland imo needs to be released also. Right now, it doesn't sound like he will be.

I would take Cowher.

My biggest concern right now is that we have an owner that is not serious about putting a winning product on the field, if he is a bottom line guy this franchise may be screwed until he sells it one day.

He chased the last flavor of the month coach across the country and wasn't able to get him, so that gives me some hope that he wouldn't be afraid to pursue and spend money on a top dollar coach. The biggest problem with Cowher are all the reports of him holding out for the Giants job. If this is Coughlin's last year, then we could be in a similar situation like we were with Harbaugh.

If Ross wants Cowher then Ireland will be fired, but if Cowher turn us down, Ireland will survive.

i said "keep in mind, no coach that has won a super bowl with one franchise, has ever done it with a second"

It is a FACT.

And there is logic behind it...it's people like you that get people like Cowher hired, by dumb owners because you want a "NAME". Well I'll let you in on a secret, if we hire Cowher, or Gruden or any of those idiots we're going to be taking 10 steps back.

Not to mention Cowher is overrated. The guy benefited from the Steelers "organization" because they believe in CONTINUITY. He was there for years even after having a couple disappointing seasons. If he did that here you guys would be calling for his head right away. Because you have no foresight, or perspective on what it takes to be SUCCESSFUL in the NFL.

You know what else is a fact? It's a fact that you were dead wrong about Tony Sparano.

One thing we have to keep in perspective with the "big three" is that both Cowher and Gruden turned Miami down at the end of last season. Gruden turned down a $7 million per year contract, and Cowher wouldn't even talk because Ireland was being retained.

To land one of the "big three", Ireland imo needs to be released also. Right now, it doesn't sound like he will be.

No surprise that Cowher wants to come in and have TOTAL control. A guy of his stature should want that. Gruden is still collecting a check from the Bucs and getting paid by ESPN. He's not hurting for money, and he like the other two coaches in the Big Three is waiting for the right time to jump back in the water.

I would think after Johnson, Saban, and Parcells, you guys would be very wary of coaches that have been away from the game for a while. In the case of Cowher you've got to ask if it was him or the franchise. The Steelers are one of the best franchises in the NFL from owner down to waterboy.

As a few others have said, in today's NFL you want young and hungry. Give me a Sean Peyton type over a Cowher/Gruden any day of the week and twice on Sunday. You don't have to hire a flashy name to get butts in the seats. You just have to win. The only difference is in the city of Miami you can't be boring while doing that.

The real question is do I trust Ross/Peterson to be able to do that?

My choices in order... Cowher,Gruden,Fisher,Rob Ryan,Charlie Sheen(if he can pass a drug test)

EFFIN 14 YEARS TO WIN A SUPERBOWL??? We are on pace for that right now. I don't know who our coach should be, but I know I don't want to wait 14 (more) years

CHucky is our Man the guy is in love with our team and with this city. He said Monday night vs Patriots " I want to bring the fan base and excitement of Dolphin football to this city" he is praying for Sparano to continue chocking to come over and take over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom