Bill Cowher is the only logical choice | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Cowher is the only logical choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
i thought there was no way sparano would be fired this season op??? figures...

i thought there was no way sparano would be fired this season op??? figures...

Never said "no way Sparano gets fired this season". Perhaps you didn't mean to direct your comment to the OP. I have CLEARLY said over and over that Sparano should be fired if he has a losing season and/or doesn't have us in the playoff race. I said I didn't think he would be fired because I had high expectations and hoped for a good season. I wasn't spending the entire offseason pssing and moaning and saying how I was going to actively root against the team.

It appears a coaching change will be made, so why can't I talk about it?

i like the prospect of gruden simply b/c im not sure he would demand so much personel control. but im not completly sold on that. i honestly have not checked around enough to know who i would want b/c i beleive the person i would want is a younger up and coming guy. Fisher maybe too - b/c he has yet to win and might have plenty of fire still. Rob Ryan i would like b/c i feel he brings the same type of fire his brother does.

im just really not sold on yet another re-tread coach coming in and "tearing us down to implement his vision" i just feel that never works. HC's are motivators and know how to UTILIZE talent. i dont trust them as talent scouts.
no imo you want rob ryan just because his brother i a head coach and his dad was sucessful in coaching. ok example look at earnhart senior. just because he was a very big champion you would have thought jr. would have to but he hasnt done squat in nascar. and he is my favorite driver.but bk on track if rob ryan was sooooooooo good then why is he just a dc.??? maybe jerry jones should fire garrett asap and put rr in as coach ?rob ryan hasnt proven **** and theres noway in hell i want to have to wait another 10 years to find the right coach. WOW some people on here. imo i want a coach that i know is proven, and still wants to coach,and will lite a fire under our players *****. i sure as hell dont want a young and up and coming unproven in rob ryan in here as my head coach. theres noway in hell i could last another 10 years of this.

I personally don't think Cowher's going to come back to coaching anytime soon. He seems like he likes the broadcasting side of the business, and now that he's the only parent his daughters have, if you want him to coach, you might be waiting awhile.

i doubt it hes the one that said he wanted to coach again just last year.

I advocate Boss Ross seek out & hire Eric DeCosta (Ravens DPP/Ast.GM) as GM, and have him find our next 'field general'.

Is the coach out there dropping touchdown passes, missing balls that should easily be broken up? Fumbling the football?

We have gone into every game with a gameplan that we could've won with (save for the defensive gameplan during the Pats game) We've lost our games because the PLAYers aren't making PLAYs. We're not woefully unprepared, we just aren't executing.

really maybe some of it but here you go bro..........http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...hins-0926-20110925,0,6562617.column?track=rss

Heard a stat on WQAM. No coach that has one the Super Bowl has gone on to win the Super Bowl with another team. Rather than Coher or Gruden they mentioned Jeff Fisher as a possible choice.

Cowher IS Sparano. No freaking thanks. He will bring us back to the old classic grind it out style of play... Cowher is Sparano who was able to stick enough long enough to get a QB who could actually win a big game.

He also is several years removed from the game and doesnt have the same fire.. NO THANKS!

:ponder:I don't want any of the so called, "big three", for various reasons. The thing is, I don't have a suggestion. I imagine he is out there, but I don't know much about him. We either get a "retread", or a rookie head coach. I would be very wary of a guy that had never been an NFL head coach, but then I start to contradict myself. I am confused...

There is a first time for everything. Someday a coach will win it with his second team

Negative Ghostrider.

Much of the Steelers Success has to do with the organization. They didn't miss a beat when Cowher left and may even be a better team now. Cowher may be a good coach but he isn't bringing instant success with him. Cowher would be Wandstedt 2.0, maybe a winning record for a couple of years but no happy ending. He'd pull a JJ and be out the door in a couple of years when he remembers why he retired in the first place.

He also is several years removed from the game and doesnt have the same fire.. NO THANKS!
That.

Young. Smart. Hungry. Find me that coach.

BTW, I'm still a homer and I want to see Sparano finish the season. He's got 13 more chances and the captain goes down with the ship.

Last 3 coaches had no NFL coaching experience. Maybe we should go away from that and get one with the experience.

t
i said "keep in mind, no coach that has won a super bowl with one franchise, has ever done it with a second"

It is a FACT.

And there is logic behind it...it's people like you that get people like Cowher hired, by dumb owners because you want a "NAME". Well I'll let you in on a secret, if we hire Cowher, or Gruden or any of those idiots we're going to be taking 10 steps back.

Not to mention Cowher is overrated. The guy benefited from the Steelers "organization" because they believe in CONTINUITY. He was there for years even after having a couple disappointing seasons. If he did that here you guys would be calling for his head right away. Because you have no foresight, or perspective on what it takes to be SUCCESSFUL in the NFL.

He may have benefited from the Steelers organization, but he made the playoffs year after year with guys like Neil O'Donnell, Mike Tomczak, Tommie Maddox and Kordell Stewart as his starting quarterbacks. As for this nonsense about continuity being the key to Cowher's success, or success in general, you do realize that Cowher went to the playoffs 6 times in his first 6-years as head coach don't you? He had double-digit wins in 5 of 6 of those years. He never had a losing record until his 7th year as HC and that was the year a 37-year old Mike Tomczak started 5-games. Continuity wasn't the reason he was successful, they had continuity because he was successful. Understand the difference. Cowher had back to back losing records once in his entire career after starting his career 64-27!

Trying to draw parallels between Sparano and Cowher strips you of any credibility. Every Super Bowl-winning coach in history, with the exceptions of Chuck Noll, Tom Landry, John Madden and Hank Stram, won the Super Bowl within 5-years of first being hired. Stram and Landry were hired by the teams they'd eventually win a Super Bowl with long before the Super Bowl even existed, so their cases aren't even applicable, so that leaves Madden and Noll. Madden was in the AFC championship game 4 out of his first 6-years, which gave him the longevity to eventually breakthrough in his 7th. And Noll's Steelers improved in record every year he was HC until they got to an AFC Championship in his 4th year, losing to the undefeated Miami Dolphins. So there are exactly zero historical analogies for your idea of franchise continuity. Of course, the Redskins kept Norv Turner around for 7-years, showing infinite, but unrewarded patience, not the template I'd envision for the Dolphins.

The only thing you've said even remotely sensible, is that coaches that win Super Bowls lose their intensity. You might also add that they rarely have the confluence of circumstances a second-time around that they had the first and winning Super Bowls is a conspiracy of optimum factors--head coach, coordinators, front office, ownership--it's not any one thing, it's several things that are highly improbable a second time around. Cowher's wife recently passed away and after you've gone through something like that, sometimes it's difficult to even function normally again, let alone scale mount improbable. And for that reason alone we should stay away from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom